SOC1: Symmes Valley (5-0) @ Green (3-2)

mattash
Site Admin

SOC1: Symmes Valley (5-0) @ Green (3-2)

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

SVDad
Freshman Team

Re: SOC1: Symmes Valley (5-0) @ Green (3-2)

Post by SVDad »

Vikings win big again and keep the undefeated streak going. Go Vikings!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

If Green shows up, and plays like they should, and can play, they can play with symmes valley, but you never know how they will play on any given night.

Boomer Sooner
Waterboy

Post by Boomer Sooner »

SV big 48-6

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Symmes Valley takes the W

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

GOOD LUCK BOBCATS PULL THE UPSET.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I don't say this often about any team, but, Green doesn't have a prayer. This one gets ugly by the end of the 1st quarter. Green's three wins are against opponents that are a combined 1-14. I see Green going 0-5 the second half of the season.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

MAYBE GREEN SHOULD JUST TAKE IN A MOVIE OR SOMETHING INSTEAD OF PLAYING FRIDAY NIGHT?

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

badboy
thats what it sounds like to me....well actually they may as well just turn in the pads and helmets after practice tonite since they obviously are going to go 0-5 the rest of the way!
late,
sweetpea

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Wouldn't be a bad idea this week. May help you not go without a win the remainder of the year. Let me say this, you've not played a team yet that hits like Symmes Valley does, they will take your hat off. But, let's be realistic here as well, the remainder of your schedule has a combined record of 16-9 going into Friday nights contest. The competition in the first five games vs. the last five games is night and day.

That being said, I hope that both teams come out of this game injury free. Good luck.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

symmes valley big in this one. Good luck vikings rooting for ya the rest of the season

s.v.h.s.71
Waterboy

Post by s.v.h.s.71 »

vikings win .if they hold on to the ball.

blockcharge
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge »

And Steely, Greens two losses are againest teams whose record is 9-1. so whats your point. seem to remember that one of those teams beat Ports ND by almost the same point margin. I don't think any of the "Furnace Boys" care about your predictions.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

GO VIKINGS!!!

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

steely, whats nd,s record with teams they beat or is it the the same teams.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I don't make my predictions for the "furnace boys", so could really care less what they think. They shouldn't be on here reading anyway, they ought to be preparing to play.

bilco2 - ND may be the one game where Green may come away with a win in the second half of the season. To date, Green and ND have two common opponents, Fayetteville, which ND beat 33-0, and Green defeated 33-12, and FCA. FCA beat both Green and ND by similar scores (35-12 and 28-7, respectively). ND beat Northwestern handliy, who Green doesn't play. The ND/Green game should be a competitive contest, however, advantage goes to ND, as the game will be played in Portsmouth.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think this game will be closer than the experts think, but Symmes gets the win...Green has some talent there just have to eliminate mistakes and win the turnover margin

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

i'll take symmes valley in this one.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

SV should win big...... but I'll be cheering for the "Cats." and my granddaughter, who is senior homecoming attendant.. and I'm sure the "furnace boys" couldn't care less what SD says.. lol

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Focused wrote:SV should win big...... but I'll be cheering for the "Cats." and my granddaughter, who is senior homecoming attendant.. and I'm sure the "furnace boys" couldn't care less what SD says.. lol
I agree. Now, if your kids are on here reading what I have to say, this is what they should read, take to heart, and play with this every down. This is for all kids, not just the kids from Green.

I wish there were no winners in football, it is such a courageous sport, that takes a ton of dedication and work to be successful. It teaches life lessons, and how to work together with others, as a team, to accomplish a common goal.

For those of you who take the initiative to play HS football, you have 40 opportunities at a high school level to play a great game (America's game, IMHO), and you need to look at each opportunity as your last. Play every down like it was the game ending play. Leave it all out there. Your communities will support you, and leaving your heart out on the field every Friday night, well, no one will question your heart, and you will be remembered (and in some cases, revered forever) for the mark you have left on your community.

Whether your team ends up 0-10, 10-0, or somewhere in between, your heart and dedication to the best sport America ever invented won't be forgotten, not 10 years, or 40 years, from now.

My predictions are not meant to belittle or discredit the effort of any child. They are real, and how I feel about the games, and the remainder of the season. They are not meant to insult, or disparage any program or player. I love HS football, there's nothing better. That is why I've traveled all over SE Ohio this fall to watch different teams play.

All you kids keep playing hard, and ignore what us silly adults have to say about anything. We don't know a damned thing (or at least that's how I felt about adults when I was 17!) :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”