Ironton (5-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

Who wins

Total votes: 0

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Ironton (5-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

Post by kantuckyII »

Ok, so The Tigers had an opportunity to learn some things tonight that they need to work on in the next few weeks but now the focus is on Jackson. What's everyone think? Of course, I'm going with the Tigers on this one! ;-)
Last edited by kantuckyII on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Ironton At Jackson

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jackson wins IMO

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

After the loss to Alder i think Ironton bounces back with a win Tigers by 14

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ironton will absolutely roll the Ironmen... Might get real ugly.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

fuzzhead, we didn't get to talk..hmmmm

I like going to Jackson's stadium. It seems it always rains there though, hopefully, it will be pretty next Friday

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

An angry set of Tigers will invade Alumni Stadium on Friday that's for sure, how's this year been for you so far Gov?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm still lovin' it!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If jackson doesn't stay in this game I give the nod to the Cavs to take the league.

Boy--wouldn't the press and coaches be shocked after their pre-season picks

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

That week 1 loss has jackson MAD still.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: Ironton (5-1) At Jackson (5-1)

Post by I-town-90 »

This game will be important for the Tigers. It will be a real measure of what our team is made of. We will do one of two things, we will fold up our tent and go home after getting beat by Alder, or we will come out mad as hell with something to prove. Now, I know a few of the kids on the team, and I am pretty sure they are going to do the later rather than the former. I think they will put the loss behind them and work on improving where we need to improve. Wilkes will be missed but it is time for the younger backs to start getting their feet wet too.

Jackson, unfortunately you have a bad spot in the schedule.

Give me a T.......................................................................

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Week 6: Ironton (5-1) At Jackson (5-1)

Post by ironman02 »

I'm really looking forward to this game. Jackson has been playing very well lately, but this will certainly be their toughest test of the season. Despite the loss to a GREAT Jonathan Alder squad, Ironton is probably still the class of SE Ohio football this season, and I know that those asscoiated with the Tiger program have high expectations for this team.

With both teams at 5-1, a win for either team will be like hitting the computer point jackpot. Ironton is almost a lock for the playoffs already, but Jackson may actually need this win to get in, depending on what happens down the stretch run. This is a "break" from SEOAL play for Jackson, so the Ironmen can take a step back from league play for a moment, and focus solely on getting a win to improve their playoff chances.

Both of these teams LOVE to run the football, but Jackson has proven that they can be multi-dimensional on offense as well. For Jackson to win, I think they'll definitely have to be balanced on offense and try to get the football to their playmakers in space. It will be very difficult to just line up and run the football right at Ironton. On the flip side, Jackson knows what Coach Lutz is going to do when the Tigers have possession of the football...but stopping it is much easier said than done. Jackson will have to play its best defensive game of the season to get the win.

I really like the attitude of this group of Ironmen. They've been working hard, they've been very focused the last five weeks, and they believe in themselves. They know this will be a tough game, but they'll be ready to go. Alumni Stadium should be absolutely rocking for this one. Wish it was Friday already!

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Re: Week 7: Ironton (5-1) At Jackson (5-1)

Post by Roadrunner »

Measuring stick time for the ironmen. Ironton is gonna come out ready to roll after the loss to alder. Ironmen have a big game at home and a chance to shock se ohio with a win. I'm rooting for the ironmen.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I am also looking forward to Friday night. I'm always torn on this game. I always want Jackson, Oak Hill, and Ironton to win because of my family roots. This will be a tough one to predict, so I won't. Looking forward to the great atmosphere at Alumni Stadium and cheering for Jackson and visiting with all my Ironton friends. Hoping for an injury free game and no rain.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Will defently be a good one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well, no doubt. we have something to prove. but thats behind us, we need to get right back in the saddle and play solid fighting tiger football. this is another in a long line of very tough opponents for the fighting tigers this year. i suppose it will rain there again. it always does, lol. and i gets to see one of my favorite buddies gma1. we gotta cowboy up. get right back in the saddle , and git r done. hope to see a big crowd from ironton there.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

^just don't bring your PA announcer. lol Good luck Ironton and win out the rest of the regular season. We'll need the points.

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Jackson wins this one.i will be their to watch this one, this has to be the game of the week.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

If Warner, Hager, and Lawless get healthy this week then give me the Fighting Tigers.

Wilks wont be able to play, but he will be a leader all week in practice and in the locker room.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i have seen the tigers come back from games like this, they'll be looking to correct some problems, and get back on track. i expect they will be extremely fired up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson has to keep up offensively and keep the ball for longer possessions. Ironton's running attack will wear you down. I believe we have the ability to run and pass and also do some things we haven't done yet.

If Jackson can play/execute very well...they'll have a shot.

Return to “Football”