SEOAL: Logan (1-5) at Warren (4-2)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

loganlocos
SEOP

SEOAL: Logan (1-5) at Warren (4-2)

Post by loganlocos »

Logan looks to get things on track and Warren is looking to get their 1st SEOAL victory. The Warriors got a big win last week while Logan faded down the stretch to lose to Gallipolis.

Warren played Logan tough last season in Vincent.

Let's hear it!

NYFan54
Varsity

Re: Week 7: Logan (1-5) at Warren (4-2)

Post by NYFan54 »

I think the Warriors will take this one. I hope the Cheifs can prove me wrong though.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 7: Logan (1-5) at Warren (4-2)

Post by noreply66 »

Logan in a close one

GAHS83
JV Team

Re: SEOAL: Logan (1-5) at Warren (4-2)

Post by GAHS83 »

People might think I'm crazy, but I'll take Logan big.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Should be a rely good game will be decided by one touchdown or less
Hopefully Warren gets there first SEOAL win

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

Warren!!! Don't matter by how many 1 or 100 wins are wins! Warren at home they take it.

SSReaper
Waterboy

Post by SSReaper »

Wow..Never thought I'd have to say or think this..but..Warren by at least 7, maybe 14. I'm hoping I'm wrong but warren played pretty good last year and Logan still has no identity and they always seem to fade away down the stretch. BUT, IF Logan wins any more games this year I could see it being against Chilli and maybe warren..if the chips fall in Logan's favor and they don't fade. Get out there..hit em hard and don't stop fighting till the last second ticks off the clock!! Go Logan.
Last edited by SSReaper on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Logan

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Looking at stats from the last few games, a few things stick out to me.

And the main thing is that this team needs to get better at FINISHING.

Whether that is finishing a series, finishing a half, or finishing a game, the Chiefs are NOT getting it done.

Last Friday was the perfect example:
On GAHS's first possession, Logan jumped offside on a 4th and 1 when GAHS was going to pooch punt with their QB. On a 2nd 4th and 2 on the same drive, they let Moore run for 30+ yards to make it 1st and goal.

Then, to end the half, Logan let the Blue Devils execute a 2-minute offense to make it a 2-score game. Logan needed to finish the half and didn't get the job done.

Finally, the 4th quarter was just a mess. Between turnovers (1 fumble, 1 INT) and bad penalties (long pass to Long called back) it was ugly. And GAHS's last score came on a 4th down play where they allowed Wilson to run for a 31-yard touchdown. Not good.

Gallipolis converted 4 of 6 times on 4th down and 6 of 15 times on 3rd down. The defense needs to get off the field.

By the same token, the offense was a poor 1-7 on 3rd down and only 1-3 on 4th down.

These numbers help explain the HUGE discrepancy in time of possession and total offensive plays.

It was just the Gallipolis game. This team has struggled on 3rd down all season on both sides of the ball.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's lets' not rush to judgement on the coaching staff. Just look at Gallia, Jackson and even Zanesville as examples, It will take at least one and a half years for the program to adjust. By the 2nd year Logan better be in a postion to to win the championship and finish around 7-3 tp 8-2 or then we need to look at the coaching staff and make changes!

By the way Warren by 28

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm giving the program three years to establish an identity. That's just me. Of concern to me is how the system will be taught in the lower grades. If we maintain a good program in the lower grades, the varsity program will be alright. I still put in a pitch for Tomahawks. I'd like to see the HS coaches encourage this program. Let those players be recognized at a High School game like the little cheerleaders. Teach the fundamentals there so when they get to JR High, they are ready to take on more complex tasks. I've seen that work. That was what produced the core of the last three years teams.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

D&C -

I agree the Tomahawks program is a great resource for the football program - and if the coaching staff remains at odds with the Tomahawks, I would like to see the program get involved with starting a "youth" program" of some sort.

I still stand by the idea of an "intramural" as opposed to "intermural" league - instead of having 60 kids on the Tomahawks, give me 4 teams of 15 kids and let them play amongst each other. Gets a chance for AT LEAST 44 kids to get significant playing time instead of the 20 or so that do now. (Or at least did when I was last around the Tomahawks).

The fact is our coaching staff doesn't have ANY influence over any development of football players - whether it is through the recreation flag football league OR the Tomahawks.

The Tomahawks were started when I was growing up sometime between 1990-1995 - I remember my schoolmates playing for the THawks while I was in the flag league (at that point a lot of kids did both too).

It could be a coincidence that as those kids got to High School (around 1997-1998) Logan went on a 12 year run that saw them win 10 SEOAL titles and make 7 playoff appearances.

But I think the Tomahawks program has helped earlier development of players. I know when I was in 7th grade a ton of our kids were still learning how to put their pads on by the 2nd or 3rd game, LOL. I think there is a lot less of that now.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thats what I've been saying all along Locos,,,,,got to get the kids started as early as possible,,,,,I bet if you look at all the strong programs around the state they got some kind of pee wee football program instituted at the grade school level.I'm pretty sure all the big cities have youth football although inner city Columbus doesn't have middle school football I believe, which has to hurt them schools... I think it makes perfect sense Logan started getting consistently better when them kids got older....Back when I played and before when there was no program real good teams at Logan didn't come around too often about every ten years or so you would have one and in between there would be average to poor teams.....

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU. the T-hawk coaches do the best with what they know but, alittle help from the HS isn't going to kill them. they don't have a full practice on mondays, T-hawks do. there is a day a coach or 2 could come over and help out and advise the T-hawks on things to do. also T-hawks practice doesn't start until 6pm. i think HS and middle school practices are over by then. so there time there.
my boy has played T-hawk for 4 yrs now and every coach and parent i have talked to can't believe that our hs or hs coaches don't help out there feeder program. there is older equipment (sleds, tackling dumbies) that is not use by the hs, they could donate it to the program.
sorry, this is a sore spot for me. b/c i like our ppl can't believe noone from the logan football program i willing to help mentor the kids and coach that are coming up through the grade schools. it like the red haired step child. :roll:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

This is the one area I will get on the program about if the feeder program is being totally ignored by the school. Do that at your own peril. I like the idea of competing with area youth squads but I DO agree there is room for multiple teams in Logan. Work with the Lancaster league towards getting our squads to compete up there.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

If the Warriors do not remedy the tackling woes. Went from the tackling the head to the shoelaces. Sometimes they could have plowed the south forty they were so far down. Need to do some blocking drills this week as well. But at home the Warriors are/should be a solid favorite (WOW when was the last time Warren was a favorite over Logan????) Fight and desire is still there just do some fine tuning and get the "W". Warriors by 10, just maybe we will try a field goal this week. Seems we have passed up a few opportunities to put points on the board, by going for the 1st down, even though we have made to 1st the majority of the time. Miller is in the record books for one of the longest field goals in school history.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

I credit the Warren coaches with not standing pat with our weakness and making some changes on both sides of the ball in an effort to improve productivity. We showed some improvement in the ability to run the football against South but mistakes and penalties continued to put us in must pass situations. Actually we looked very solid in the first half then the mistakes, holding calls, etc. started biting us. We flat out won this game by the skin of our teeth because we did not turn the ball over and South did (6 fumbles, 3 lost, 2 in Red Zone). We found a way to win and we needed it desparately. Still I'm very concerned about Logan, we will not run away from anyone on our schedule, it will be a dog fight every game, and maybe we can take advantage of Logans down year. Let's face it our record is tilted due to poor competition (Belpre and Morgan). It would be great to get another game or two in the win column this year. Maybe even once we can put 4 good quarters together, we haven't done that yet. I know Coach Schob wants to run the ball, but let's not abandon the pass as we have great skill in that area. Putting the ball in our play makers hands the best we can. We have faith our coaches know what they are doing and will continue to focus on the right areas in practice. I hope Logan has one more bad game this year and then wins the last three. Folks lets have a competitive and safe ball game this Friday night. GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

While Logan seems to be making strides in the right direction Warren seems to have found a bump or two in the road here lately, I'll take Warren but look for this to be pretty close.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

The thing I see that could make the biggest difference on offense, is winning on first down. Warren is facing too many 2nd and 10's and 3rd and medium's.

Return to “Football”