OVC: Fairland (3-4; 2-0) @ Chesapeake (2-5; 2-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fuzzhead
SEOP

OVC: Fairland (3-4; 2-0) @ Chesapeake (2-5; 2-0)

Post by fuzzhead »

Arguably the biggest rivalry in the OVC - always unpredictable.

earp
S

Re: Week 8: Fairland (3-4; 2-0) @ Chesapeake (2-5; 2-0)

Post by earp »

Should be a good one it was last year!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

This game will probably decide who plays CG for the OVC title. If everybody is healthy and no injuries, this one could go into 6 overtimes and be decided by the two point conversion.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

ovc fan wrote:This game will probably decide who plays CG for the OVC title. If everybody is healthy and no injuries, this one could go into 6 overtimes and be decided by the two point conversion.
actually Fairland is pretty common Fisher is a nice player,RV moved the ball on them all night,Rv also held them a few times on downs. Not impressed with their lines at all.
The whole OVC is just common IMHO. Coal Grove may win it don't expect them to do much in the playoffs.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

i love this game, being that i played and grad from the peake and well my wife is a grad from fairland always a fun week in my house, and this really is the only game i go to anymore.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
ovc fan wrote:This game will probably decide who plays CG for the OVC title. If everybody is healthy and no injuries, this one could go into 6 overtimes and be decided by the two point conversion.
actually Fairland is pretty common Fisher is a nice player,RV moved the ball on them all night,Rv also held them a few times on downs. Not impressed with their lines at all.
The whole OVC is just common IMHO. Coal Grove may win it don't expect them to do much in the playoffs.
So...being so common, who is going to win this game? Just asking your opinion. I watched the peake vs RV game and the only time they held them was right before half when peake was just trying to run out the time.....I honestly think this game is so close even the bookies in vegas couldnt give a point spread.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd say fairland is a slight favorite here.... And that's why I'd be tempted to pick against them. The favorite has struggled in this game recently.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

fuzzhead wrote:I'd say fairland is a slight favorite here.... And that's why I'd be tempted to pick against them. The favorite has struggled in this game recently.
Just curious why would Fairland be the slight favorite.... Interested in hearing your thoughts on this one.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Honestly, I'm mostly just going with my gut instinct. I should have gone up and watched the Dragons play Friday and I didn't. That being said, I know what Chesapeake brings to the table and I know that Fairland has a pretty good QB and it sounds like they have a decent line. I think this one could be a shootout.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

GO DRAGONS!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'll take Chesapeake

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good matchup here

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

lets get to the bottom of this. i personally think that this is the biggest rivalry in the ovc. They always both come out ready to play, and they play hard. these kids will battle it out till the last seconds wind down in the fourth quarter. Both lines are big and physical. backs are decent and there is no doubt the tension will be WILD. gonna take my panthers in this one

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

[[i]b]Fairland’s Lee plays big role in shutout victory[/b][/i] Sholten Singer/The Herald-Dispatch

October 09, 2010 @ 12:55 AM

ANDREW RAMSPACHER

Herald-Dispatch.com

In a game when, initially, offensive stardom was hard to spot, you had to squint closely to find the difference makers.

Well, not that closely.

Fairland defensive tackle Adam Lee, all 6-foot-6, 350 pounds of him, was the spark that plugged the South

Point offensive attack all Friday night in a 27-0 Dragons win.

“He and I had a little talk last week,” Fairland coach Dave Carroll said of Lee. “And he sat down for a little bit last game and I think that little bit of pine time got my point across and he came out and played a lot better.”

Lee was everywhere, stuffing the Pointers’ Will Hill and Curtis Jackson, among others, numerous times at the line of scrimmage and even tracking down Tevin Mitchell several yards down the field.

On a third-and-13 from the South Point 36-yard line midway through the second quarter, Mitchell, the Pointers’ shifty quarterback, escaped a flurry in the backfield and alertly plodded his way toward the first down marker.

The coast seemed clear. ... until big No. 79 sniffed it out.

Launching his full impressive frame, Lee lunged and nabbed Mitchell six yards short of the sticks.

“I saw him go by and I was like, ‘I’m going to get him, I’m going to get him,’” Lee said. “I just went as hard as I could and I laid him out. It was just nuts.”

He finished with 13 tackles, many for loss, and a whole lot of split double teams.

“I wanted more linemen to try me,” Lee said. “I was showing off. I was going nuts. I was taking five people, 10 people, I didn’t care who it was.”

His fellow defensive teammates certainly cared, and appreciated, that Lee was taking on extra chunks of the South Point line.

It allowed them a free pass to get to the backfield — a big reason why the Pointers had all of 154 yards of total offense.

“Our middle linebacker (Nathaniel Brewer) played well tonight, our defensive line played well tonight and our defensive coordinator did a great job, along with the entire staff,” Carroll said. “Defense wins you games and we worked really hard on defense the last two weeks and it shows.”

The first half was defined by Lee and company on defense. The second half added the touch of Chad Fisher and the Fairland offense.

Used in the first 24 minutes at running back and receiver, Fisher was exclusively a quarterback in the final 24.

A quarterback with those running back tendencies.

Getting around defenders with his speed and plowing through them with his strength, Fisher racked up 158 yards on 24 carries and two touchdowns.

He also completed all three of his passes for 118 yards, including a 25-yard scoring toss to Alec Warner to seal things, 21-0, in the fourth.

He later added more insurance with a 16-yard touchdown run.

“I want to be multidimensional,” Carroll said. “I want people to prepare for (Fisher) at quarterback or anywhere else I put him.

“And, tonight, we did what we wanted to do in the first half and come back in the second half and made that move, that we were going to make, and it worked out well for us.”

Fairland (3-4 overall, 2-0 Ohio Valley Conference) rushed 36 times for 174 yards. South Point (1-6, 0-2) rushed 39 times for 153 yards.

WOW!! What a Crock! Who lets their players do this? How cocky and un-called for. Good for this kid, but be humble! He is the biggest kid i have ever seen and could help a university out but i saw him play chesapeake last year he got shoved around! And to say he did this against this years south point team. Take that how you want to! I know Chesapeakes line is much bigger and stronger this will be a totally different game for the one man d-line show! I hope the chesapeake players have read this and seen the lack of respect this team has for other teams. Be happy and humble about a win not so over confident when you are 3-4.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is why you don't interview players...

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

WOW! Me and Fuzz agree! A fella could get used to this!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Dime, me and you probably agree on a lot of things. The only thing I can think of that we don't agree on seems to be OVC parody this year. You say it's there, I say otherwise. No big deal - we will find out in the last two weeks of the season if Peake or Fairland can hang with the Hornets. After CG's consecutive romps of South Point and Rock Hill (who Chessy beat with two seconds left) and another blowout looming against woeful River Valley, I feel very secure with my argument especially having seen the Panthers in action this year.
I might just head down to this one and watch them again...

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

On a third-and-13 from the South Point 36-yard line midway through the second quarter, Mitchell, the Pointers’ shifty quarterback, escaped a flurry in the backfield and alertly plodded his way toward the first down marker.

The coast seemed clear. ... until big No. 79 sniffed it out.

Launching his full impressive frame, Lee lunged and nabbed Mitchell six yards short of the sticks.

“I saw him go by and I was like, ‘I’m going to get him, I’m going to get him,’” Lee said. “I just went as hard as I could and I laid him out. It was just nuts.”

So why is the big lineman 7 yards behind his own line trying to make a tackle????? Cause he got blown off the line? Just wondering. Wow, shame on the paper for ever printing something like that. And no matter what the expert..or so called...Fuzz says...the winner of this game could very well be the winner of the OVC.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

And really...nobody wants you there Fuzz to offer your expert opinioin. Keep your comments and yourself past the Ashland bridge.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

^^^^All because I said pretty much I think CG will win the OVC outright? And stop with the "expert" nonsense. All I do is watch the games on Friday.

Return to “Football”