DV 3 Region 9 Final Jackson Vs Zanesville

doubleplay643
S

Re: DV 3 Region 9 Final Jackson Vs Zanesville

Post by doubleplay643 »

moonshine wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:The number of pre-sale tickets sold for the Bishop Watterson game at Chillicothe was around 600 as of last Thursday evening.

I think Athens home side will accommodate us fine.
Who is the higher seed. Won't that determine who sets where?
Bishop Watterson beat the #1 seed HT and took over the #1 spot; they were the "home" team last week in Chillicothe but we were awarded the "home" side due to pre-sale tickets sold. They were "home" on the scoreboard though.

This week I "assume" since we won last week we would take over the higher seed and be home...but I don't know that for certain and am too lazy to wade through the OHSAA website to find out how the brackets are indeed set.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

grndma1 wrote:
TRENCHFOOT wrote:I know there is a lot of people that would rather stand than set. So everyone isn't worried about a seat. I'm one of them. :D I'm a track/fence stander. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can I have your seat then? These old bones won't let me stand that long. Lol GO RED !!!!!!
You sure can grandma1. Give my seat to an ole long time SEOAL buddy anytime. :D Go Jackson!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The "Top" of the bracket is the home team. In this case, that is Jackson.

Should be a great game - another defensive slugfest.

Zanesville has scored 22 points in their first two playoff games against two very strong defenses.

Jackson has scored 63, but they put up 49 on Bexley, who along with Chilli, were by far the worst teams in the region.

Two really good offensive lines and defenses in this one. Jackson can spread the ball out amongst a number of backs, while Zanesville is more of a "single back" offense.

Passing edge goes to Zanesville. Grandstaff has a nice arm and they have some talented receivers. But they have been inconsistent through the air from what I've seen.

Zanesville may have a slight edge when it comes to athletes on the edge, but Jackson's defensive line is going to be a problem for anyone with their quickness.

Will be a heck of a game I think.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

IRONMENFAN wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
IRONMENFAN wrote:Athens has a nice stadium but definitely to small for IRONMEN NATION. GO BIG RED!!!
I call bull on that.
You guys will have enough room to sit.....
Jackson sold over 5,000 pre sale tickets for week 12 I can imagine as many or more will be sold this week.
Yea......... Right?
No need to make stuff up. lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

5,000 tickets. Now that's hilarious lol

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

I don't know how many the stands held ,but I know it wasn't that many. However,our band took up one whole section lol And they don't buy tickets.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson filled up the Chillicothe home side last week. However, there were not 5,000 Jackson fans there, nor did they sell 5,000 pre-sale tickets. Are we done now?

People complain about game venues all the time. Not really sure why everyone is so shocked. I'm sure Athens will be a great host.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jackson wins in a close one!! This should be a defensive battle!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think this may be a really really close game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

It might come down to who has the best FG kicker,I seen Jacksons kicker smack a 43 yard er with room to spare this year!!!

bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Does anyone have links to film or highlights? i know Jackson is a power run team. Watched zanesville in the state semis in 2013, their throw game could cause Jackson problems, but hopefully Jackson can control the tempo and grind it out.

Ironman73
Waterboy

Post by Ironman73 »

Rumor has it that Zville qb broke his ankle in Friday nights game, anyone heard anything?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman73 wrote:Rumor has it that Zville qb broke his ankle in Friday nights game, anyone heard anything?
Reading some news articles from the Zanesville coach discussing heading back to Athens and he mentioned the health of his team. Said they were just beat up a bit but overall healthy, so don't believe this one to be true.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO MY FRIENDS IN THE BIG APPLE CITY OF JACKSON AND YOUR IRONMEN.
OLE ANDY HAS YOU GUYS HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS AND HAS BUILT A FINE PROGRAM.
STAY FOCUSED, AND TAKE IT ONE PLAY AT A TIME IRONMEN. AND TAKE CARE OF MY LIL BUDDY GMA1.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Jackson's over all team speed will be the difference.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bcltcr wrote:Does anyone have links to film or highlights? i know Jackson is a power run team. Watched zanesville in the state semis in 2013, their throw game could cause Jackson problems, but hopefully Jackson can control the tempo and grind it out.
Zanesville vs Sheridan
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbAnx8WqVzI

Zanesville runs a spread but their strength is their big kids. Zanesville line is very big. One lineman was 6'6 330 and was quick. They mostly run the ball with quick passes

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I feel like Jackson has a fair shot in this particular contest. They seem to be playing some great football at the correct time of year. I'm sure Andy Hall and the rest of the coaches will have a pretty good plan going into Friday night's game. They all remember what happened whenever we traveled to Zanesville in 09 and had to make the long return home after getting spanked(42-14). I think this game will be a good one between two pretty good teams.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Size is nice,but overall speed is better if Jackson can smother their QB like they did Watterson I think they will win.By no means will this game be a runaway.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Is there going to be away to listen to this game on the internet?

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:
Zanesville runs a spread but their strength is their big kids. Zanesville line is very big. One lineman was 6'6 330 and was quick. They mostly run the ball with quick passes
My guess in all 12 games Jackson has not once had the biggest line (O or D) in any game. They have managed to always do well is seems, although it sounds like against Burg this may have been a problem, but seems like they fixed it soon after.

Wish the county neighbor the best of luck.

Return to “Football”