Re: DV 3 Region 9 Final Jackson Vs Zanesville

Post by Raider6309 »

"they were disappointed because they wanted to play (Columbus) DeSales."
Not the brightest thing to say by the Jackson coach

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:^Why do you care about my opinion? I try to use stats with predictions since Jackson plays out west. Jackson barely beat Chillicothe and Desales was up 42-7 at half on. Jackson just beat Logan. Desales blew them off the field. Athens and Logan are pretty close. Zanesville beat Athens 55-0. Jackson is a lot better since they lost to Wheelersburg. Jackson is by far the most improved team in our area after week 1. The computers had Jackson and Zanesville losing last week. I will admit my predictions are way off this year

That was my post after week 2
RAIDER6309 wrote:Looks like Zanesville is the team to beat in region 9. They looked like a completely different team than last year
Here is some stats for you
Hartley beat Watterson 10-0
Hartley also beat Toledo central catholic
You know who TCC is
TCC is in d3 region 8 final
Watterson beat beachcroft 31-20
Zanesville beat beachcroft 13-7
Jackson beat Watterson 14-0

All that doesn't mean a darn thing but on paper Jackson is right there with em

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:"they were disappointed because they wanted to play (Columbus) DeSales."
Jackson doesn't care who they play. No bulletin board material needed at this point

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hall told Adams that Athens doesn't deserve tape and payed the fine

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What are you talking about man?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Before the 2013 game

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote:Before the 2013 game
Lol
What does that have to do with anything?
This thread is about Jackson and z ville

If Athens wants Jackson then let us in TVc or schedule up
I won't hold breath on either one

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For my Jackson pick last week

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear, you should be happy I picked against you. Means you have a very high chance of winning lol

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Gonna be a few more eating CROW !!!! Ironmen by 7 over Zanesville.....,

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Raider6309 wrote:"they were disappointed because they wanted to play (Columbus) DeSales."
Because DeSales is the team that eliminated them last year. Nothing more, nothing less.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Someone get this back to the topic lol for is all. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Zanesville people on here so chat about the Ironmen.

I have a question, from some of the posts above it seems like the Ironmen have been on a roll lately. What changed? Can someone provide some insight on what happened between struggling with Chillicothe, losing to Burg (which everyone has done) and upsetting Bishop Watterson?

Is just the normal getting better and team gelling and peaking at the right time?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Abe Froman wrote:Someone get this back to the topic lol for is all. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Zanesville people on here so chat about the Ironmen.

I have a question, from some of the posts above it seems like the Ironmen have been on a roll lately. What changed? Can someone provide some insight on what happened between struggling with Chillicothe, losing to Burg (which everyone has done) and upsetting Bishop Watterson?

Is just the normal getting better and team gelling and peaking at the right time?
Agreed, what was the big change?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Abe Froman wrote:Someone get this back to the topic lol for is all. Doesn't seem to be a lot of Zanesville people on here so chat about the Ironmen.

About that time they had some personnel changes and a few of the players really stepped it up from there on....and natural improvements you expect with hard work and good coaches

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

The change happened after the Burg game.They flipped guards and tackles and revamped the defense.Some good ole hard hard hard nosed coaching.A very good message on ''If you want it you gotta take it!!! Also I believe some cockiness at the beginning of the year.A majority of these kids hav'nt lost since 4-5 grade

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Another major point is these kids and community have bought into both coach Hall's

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson lost three 3-year starters on the offensive line from last season, and also 4-year starter Reagan Williams at TE. It took a while for the offensive line to get going. After the Wheelersburg loss, I believe Jackson flipped their tackles to guard (Woolum and Roseberry), which strengthened the interior. The offense seems to have been VERY good ever since.

Wheelersburg was the most physical team that Jackson faced this year. They basically did the same thing that Jackson did to them the year before...controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They caught Jackson off guard with an onside kick, a fake punt, they made a goal line stand when the game was in doubt, and they also had a pick-six. They simply made all the key plays that Jackson made the year before, and got the job done. After that loss, people began to doubt Jackson, and the team has played with a chip on its shoulder the rest of the season. Wheelersburg is now 12-0 and a state title contender in D5, so people were wrong to write Jackson off after that loss.

Right now, Jackson is playing GREAT defense and they're taking care of the football on offense. Zanesville is another big, physical football team, but Watterson was pretty physical as well. If the Ironmen continue to play solid D, and they don't turn the ball over, I think they'll be right there in the 4thQ with a great chance to win this game. This group has won 25 of its last 27 games. Several of them have started for three years. They laid the foundation for this run in 2013 with a solid season. They have won two SEOAL championships, they went 10-0 last regular season and earned the coveted white jacket, and most importantly, they're 3-1 in playoff football the last two seasons. They know how to win, they play for each other, and they play hard on every down.
Last edited by ironman02 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Good stuff fellas this is the stuff I like to read about.

Good coaching and players willing to listen, make changes and buy-in are good combinations no matter what the sport is. Sometimes finding puzzle pieces that fit together takes time, especially when key players from previous teams graduate. Good stuff.

Best of luck to the Ironmen Friday night.

Pirate Baller
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Baller »

Pirate country rooting for Jackson and the Halls Friday night

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ironman92 wrote:Great program win for the Ironmen!

The 4th JHS sports team to make it to the regional finals.

Great team defense and enough solid offense. Must be even better next week. Hoping for Logan, if not put it in Columbus somewhere.

Week 13
I92, Are we counting the 1980's lol and is tennis (doubles) considered a "team" per your definition above lol?

Return to “Football”