Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 10

Chieftain
Varsity

Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 10

Post by Chieftain »

The final regular season game still has the SEOAL title up for grabs as Jackson owns a piece but Gallia can get a share. Everyone else is playing for respect. The games --

Marietta @ Warren -- the local rivalry game has been one either team can win any year. The Tigers have been awful and the Warriors only average. The problem is Marietta can't stop anyone and Warren has a good O. That should be the game line as the Warriors beat the Tigers-- WARREN

Ironton @ Portsmouth -- The Trojans have faded, partly from injuries & partly from no D. But the facts are they just aren't very good this year, vastly over-rated. The tiggers are also over-rated, but at least they have been able to win some games and while they make the play-offs, the season for them will be a failure ( according to their standards) as there is no state championship in the picture. In an easy win --IRONTON

Jackson @ Gallia -- Jackson has at least part of the title and Gallia can get a share with a win. I thought pre-season that Jackson could lose this game with injuries racked up, but only one player may not play. That makes it tough on the Blue Devils , who may keep it close. As weak as the SEOAL is this season, it won't produce Co -Champs. Jackson is going to the playoffs and Gallia is sitting home -- JACKSON

Chilli @ Logan -- disappointing season for both. However, Chilli missed out on a possible title last week with its loss to Jackson. Their players will be down. The Chiefs have been winning with subs for injured players and look to finish the season strong. Also, an emotional game for Logan as they bid farewell to a large senior class on Senior Nite, so the Cavs will face a fired up Logan team while they still mourn the loss at a possible title--LOGAN

BONUS GAME -- Zanesville @ Western Brown -- The Blue Devils should make the playoffs with a win and Western Brown (6-3) brings lot of computer points. This will help tune ZHS up for the post-season, but it will be a short stay for them -- ZANESVILLE

BONUS GAME #2 -- Warren Harding @ Cleveland Hts -- the Raiders should make the D-I playoffs with a win but may match up with top ranked Cleveland Glenville next week. However, they will be after an 8-2 record and should handle the Hts. at a hostile stadium-- WARREN HARDING

My picks now stand at 33-14 after getting all correct last week. The SEOAL looks to only get Jackson into the playoffs this year as I project it. Bad year in a down SEOAL which will be one team less next year with Marietta's departure. That will, however, allow the league members to schedule other better teams than Marietta has been to increase computer points and improve the chances to make the playoffs as well as get better if they play challenging teams. If they add wimps, not much will change.

fightingtigers45
S

Re: Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 10

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Ironton @ Portsmouth -- The Trojans have faded, partly from injuries & partly from no D. But the facts are they just aren't very good this year, vastly over-rated. The tiggers are also over-rated, but at least they have been able to win some games and while they make the play-offs, the season for them will be a failure ( according to their standards) as there is no state championship in the picture. In an easy win --IRONTON
I disagree that the season will be a failure without a state championship. I will be disappointed if we don't win the region. The season will only be a failure if we lose in the first round, IMO.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

According to tigger gurus over the years, no season is a success in tiggertown unless it includes a state title and no title is any good unless its the state title. Just repeating what the boasting windbags have said over the years. Now since, the tiggers couldn't win the SEOAL again this season even if they were in the league and a state title isn't looking anywhere near available, I'm just repeating the mantras of the second worst sportsmen in the state( Massillon has that title-- the only one they have won). And winning the weak region isn't much to talk about in the lower division (minor league football).That doesn't satisfy the overblown egos of the gurus either. Just saying the obvious.

Its going to be difficult being has beens. But, someone has to do it..................lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

your right paladin, but logan will be back in the saddle. some years down the line.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thatwas just too freakin easy , you're slipping ole man.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

I hate to say it but, well, this is hard, i like what Paladin_II is saying here.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

All I was saying was if you have to pick between two ugly girls, pick the one with bigger boobs, ww !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:your right paladin, but logan will be back in the saddle. some years down the line.

Logan will be ---" I'm back in the saddle again" next year.

Won't be 10/0 but we will be riding upright

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Only obstacle I can see in Ironton's path to the semi-finals might be Heath. I can see the Tigers playing in a State Title game this year. Didn't say they'd win. Just said they could play for it. Only a handful of teams in this area that have even played in the title game, let alone won.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Paladin_II wrote:All I was saying was if you have to pick between two ugly girls, pick the one with bigger boobs, ww !
Very interesting that you can call the Portsmouth Trojans and Fighting Tigers boobs.........someday, somewhere you will find out who the real boob is on this site .....take that one to the bank.......and that is all I have to say about you or your comments about the Tiger fans.....

Tiger envy has eaten you alive and it will continue to eat you alive.......and this is not some kid talking ..........16-8 willl eat you alive for a while....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm sure he already knows he is.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

After reading thru the posts after the Ironton games this year, I believe as Paladin does,
Ironton will win this week, IF they agree with the Refs and the Portsmouth band doesn't
play too loud......

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

javagt wrote:After reading thru the posts after the Ironton games this year, I believe as Paladin does,
Ironton will win this week, IF they agree with the Refs and the Portsmouth band doesn't
play too loud......
another case of Tiger envy....... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

javagt wrote:After reading thru the posts after the Ironton games this year, I believe as Paladin does,
play too loud......

now thats funny

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

noreply66 wrote:
play too loud......

now thats funny
16-8......now that is funnier............

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Leo, you must have flunked school along with the rest of the low GPA crowd. My comment you refered to was a response to warrenwarrior and his remarks about the comments I made about picking his Warriors to win in the Marietta-Warren game. No one cares about your team. You can't even follow a humorous comment about another football game.... you have to try to make it about you...... you people are really pathetic. Let me repeat-- NO ONE CARES about you folks. NO ONE.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:Leo, you must have flunked school along with the rest of the low GPA crowd. My comment you refered to was a response to warrenwarrior and his remarks about the comments I made about picking his Warriors to win in the Marietta-Warren game. No one cares about your team. You can't even follow a humorous comment about another football game.... you have to try to make it about you...... you people are really pathetic. Let me repeat-- NO ONE CARES about you folks. NO ONE.
I do. That makes your statement an outright lie.

16-8. Now that is funny. Ironton has OWNED Logan based on that margin, huh Paladin?

Here are a few questions for you:

1.) When is the last year that Logan won a playoff game?
2.) How many state football titles does Logan have?
3.) How many regional titles?

Please answer, I am dying to find out the answers.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

I have to say paladin you are cracking me up. I have never been told the ugly girl line. It does make sence. I also wanted to make a comment, big first time things for me, I was in agreement with paladin for the first time ever, he made me laugh at a comeback he write to me, now I'm going to help him. Not that he needs it buy I think Logan won a playoff game last year. I could be wrong but I think they did. Can't answer the other 2.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

warrenwarrior55 wrote:I have to say paladin you are cracking me up. I have never been told the ugly girl line. It does make sence. I also wanted to make a comment, big first time things for me, I was in agreement with paladin for the first time ever, he made me laugh at a comeback he write to me, now I'm going to help him. Not that he needs it buy I think Logan won a playoff game last year. I could be wrong but I think they did. Can't answer the other 2.
I'll answere the other two questions, zero and zero.............although they did play in 1 Regional Championship game in 2000, they came up short by losing to the eventual State Champs Upper Arlington 13-45. I believe it's the best season in Logans Football History, correct Me if I'm wrong.

I'll take the Fighting Tigers over the Trojans 35-21

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Paladin_II wrote:Leo, you must have flunked school along with the rest of the low GPA crowd. My comment you refered to was a response to warrenwarrior and his remarks about the comments I made about picking his Warriors to win in the Marietta-Warren game. No one cares about your team. You can't even follow a humorous comment about another football game.... you have to try to make it about you...... you people are really pathetic. Let me repeat-- NO ONE CARES about you folks. NO ONE.
I do. That makes your statement an outright lie.

16-8. Now that is funny. Ironton has OWNED Logan based on that margin, huh Paladin?

Here are a few questions for you:

1.) When is the last year that Logan won a playoff game?
2.) How many state football titles does Logan have?
3.) How many regional titles?

Please answer, I am dying to find out the answers.

1.) Won a playoff game in both 2008 and 2009
2. ) Zero State Titles
3. ) Zero Regional Titles, 1 Regional Final Appearance in 2000 (This was BIG boy D1 football, not minor leagues)

When is the last time Ironton won a championship of ANY KIND? I think the current seniors were in grade school?

For the 6th straight year Ironton has lost to an SEOAL team. The Tigers couldn't win an SEOAL title so they ran away.

Too bad. Ironton might have a chance to halt their FOUR GAME losing streak to Logan. But they still wouldn't have won a championship.

Return to “Football”