Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

The underclassmen coming up will brang talent & speed
but not much size?? But will compete..
Finding an O-LINE & D-LINE will be key.

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2011

Post by fbnut »

they will struggle unless some of the kids that chose not to play this yr come out.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fbnut wrote:they will struggle unless some of the kids that chose not to play this yr come out.

Exactly! I see 6 wins tops next season, but I hope they prove me wrong.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

BURG wins another SOC championship; just like the energizer bunny keeps going,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,goinggoing,going,going,going

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

The Burg will definately struggle next year. It might be the year teams get to exact some revenge on the Burg. Effort and exacution are expected at the Burg every year no matter what the personnel though. I predict one big upset sometime during the year but no playoffs or SOC title. 6 wins sounds about right.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

it will be a tough year for the burg next season. heard some coaches might not be coaching next year--- does anyone know if this is true?

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Dont know but i do know this
the kids from burg will play anybody anywhere anytime
and will not give up untill the last tic of the clock.
You can count on that.....

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Now, it would be nice to see the Indians break the ice! I wiil say this if not this year , then it may well be fourty more ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FIDO wrote:Boys and girls.........I've heard this for years/decades.....Heck, some of the folks from the Burg were saying the same thing last year at this time......The Burg reloads.....Kids produce.......The system/tradition carries the day.....Teams like Ironton and the Burg reload every year! I didn't buy it last year and I'm certainly not buying it this year either.....Now, it would be nice to see the Indians break the ice! I'm sure the Pirates will be right in the thick of things in the SOC!
Fido, I know what you're saying but unless some of the kids that didn't play as sophs this year come back out and play the talent just isn't going to be there. They lose almost the entire offensive and defensive lines, the best RB to come through Burg in a long time, and a tall athletic receiver. Those will be hard to replace. Add that to the fact that last years freshman class never got the ball past the 50 yard line and never scored a point all year and it could be lean for a couple of years. I hear the 7th and 8th grade teams did really well though so it will be back in a few years.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FIDO wrote:Boys and girls.........I've heard this for years/decades.....Heck, some of the folks from the Burg were saying the same thing last year at this time......The Burg reloads.....Kids produce.......The system/tradition carries the day.....Teams like Ironton and the Burg reload every year! I didn't buy it last year and I'm certainly not buying it this year either.....Now, it would be nice to see the Indians break the ice! I'm sure the Pirates will be right in the thick of things in the SOC!
Fido, I know what you're saying but unless some of the kids that didn't play as sophs this year come back out and play the talent just isn't going to be there. They lose almost the entire offensive and defensive lines, the best RB to come through Burg in a long time, and a tall athletic receiver. Those will be hard to replace. Add that to the fact that last years freshman class never got the ball past the 50 yard line and never scored a point all year and it could be lean for a couple of years. I hear the 7th and 8th grade teams did really well though so it will be back in a few years.
are you talking about the 2010 freshman? They have some pretty talented skilled guys. I think they only lost to ashland and in 3 ot's to a very talented portsmouth team. Some of them will see some varsity time next yr. They look like they could be a pretty solid class.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fbnut wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
are you talking about the 2010 freshman? They have some pretty talented skilled guys. I think they only lost to ashland and in 3 ot's to a very talented portsmouth team. Some of them will see some varsity time next yr. They look like they could be a pretty solid class.

No, that would be '09 freshman team. I was told they never got past the 50 on any offensive possesion and never scored a point.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I agree with you. I watched the 09 freshman, not much there. I was once told by a very successful coach that you can live with 1 bad class but 2 bad classes back to back does not get you very many wins. The seniors and juniors in 2011 fall into the back to back down classes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

anybody have a schedule to post.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

tradition will continue at burg

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:anybody have a schedule to post.
Well, they beat Ironton week one at the tank,,and go from there :-D :lol: ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i hear ya. i better get my boots.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Burg will field a decent team but will have a hard time holding on to the SOC crown. They will probably abandon the running game and open it up passing. They will have no experience. There is some talent there but Soph. will have to contribute. If they can get some of the guys out that quit it would make them a lot better but that's a big if.

SOC looks about like this IMO

West
Valley
Burg = overall record 6-4 or 7-3
Waverly
Minford
Northwest

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:anybody have a schedule to post.
Should be close too last year not sure on week two. Oak Hill was a one year deal . I think ;-)

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

schedule is the same as last year. oak hill is a two yr deal.
Itown -A
oakhill
Ptown -A
fairland
rock hill -A
minford -A
waverly
NW -A
valley
west

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think it will be a tough year next year, but it really depends who can step up and what sophomores can contribute. I remember in 2008 with a mostly sophomore line, Lang got hurt against Ironton in week 1 and a sophomore QB came in to take his place and led them to a 9-1 season. I know there is only a player like Schankweiler once in a great while, but don't count them out just yet.

Return to “Football”