2011 Jackson ironmen

Ironmannut07
Varsity

2011 Jackson ironmen

Post by Ironmannut07 »

What's everybody's opinions on them this year I'm hoping there going to repeat.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Re: 2011 Jackson ironmen

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Jackson looks as if it's going to have an extra weapon next year in Austin osbourn who has recently transferred from wellston. So that gives us Morgan landrum,Tyson mcnelly,drew ervin,Alec Osborne, austin osbourn on the produce side of the ball I'm liking the talent for next year.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

and a whole lot more to go with that.........roll red roll....

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

My only worry is our o and d line. Anybody know who we got coming in at those positions?

footballfanatic1
All Conference

don't worry about those positions i think they will be very strong....

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Alright that just made my day.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I almost forgot about Cortez slaughter can you say fast???

footballfanatic1
All Conference

makes the 1 st game of the season interesting doesnt it......lol

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Yes very interesting. My guess is alumni stadium/Holzer field is gonna be a mad house. Now if we can just fill our student section that would be electric

footballfanatic1
All Conference

i don't think the sprocket side will be full.....i mean rocket side

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

The rockets??? Don't you mean bottle rockets?

footballfanatic1
All Conference

i dont want to say to much about the bottle rockets ... you know they will still be great....15 and 0....just one player leaving will not matter......

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Oh I forgot. But you can't have bread and butter without the butter and A.O is the butter jaylen is the bread but he might join the W (win) train and make the 7 mile transfer and get into some real colors. Aka. Red and white.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

i would rather see one of the players from further south come....

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Like oak hill or rock hill?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Well if you can get Prater to come over, both he and Osbourne will be good additions to the Ironmen team which should win the SEOAL again.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

The fact of the matter is, is that Osborne has been speed training and working out at the jackson high school facilities for 3 months now. Now he transfers there. This is a violation by itself even if the coaches from jackson did not recruit him. Im sure that coach Hall isn't stupid enough to recruit, but I cannot see him taking a chance on letting Osborne play and risks consequences such as forfeiting games. Jackson don't need osborne, come on, the kid had 650 yds rushing with probably 250 carries. I dont see Coach Hall taking a chance on him. Open enrollement is over after beginning your freshman year. He'll have to have a physical address already in jackson since hes already enrolled in school there. This will definetly get investigated and it should. Remember when Coach Derrow had a boy at open gym over the summer from another school and when he transfered to wellston the program got investigated and into trouble? This is the same situation.

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Blue Duck wrote:The fact of the matter is, is that Osborne has been speed training and working out at the jackson high school facilities for 3 months now. Now he transfers there. This is a violation by itself even if the coaches from jackson did not recruit him. Im sure that coach Hall isn't stupid enough to recruit, but I cannot see him taking a chance on letting Osborne play and risks consequences such as forfeiting games. Jackson don't need osborne, come on, the kid had 650 yds rushing with probably 250 carries. I dont see Coach Hall taking a chance on him. Open enrollement is over after beginning your freshman year. He'll have to have a physical address already in jackson since hes already enrolled in school there. This will definetly get investigated and it should. Remember when Coach Derrow had a boy at open gym over the summer from another school and when he transfered to wellston the program got investigated and into trouble? This is the same situation.
I agree that if it happens it should be investigated. And I'd like to see the OHSAA crack down on these widely done practices.

The one thing I chuckle about sitting here is Jackson fans gloating about a) beating Wellston b) stealing Wellston player(s). For A: Come on, you SHOULD beat Wellston. You are, for some years, two divisions higher and have a roster with more depth and more playmakers. I've always maintained that this is a rather pathetic rivalry for Jackson to have. For Wellston it makes sense, you beat them and you celebrate because it is a great accomplishment to defeat such a great program... for Jackson it's just beating up a rather mediocre division four team, congrats? And as for B: I just find that sad to be quite honest.

I've always found myself riding the fence on the "recruiting" issue in the first place. However, there are rules in place and that's why I would like to see the OHSAA start enforcing them with an iron fist almost. But the reason I always ride the fence is that some of these talented players want to go to a school that will give them the proper platform for a chance at the next level. Furthermore, no one bats an eye when a kid transfer to another school for a better education. And while that doesn't play a role in the majority it is an added benefit, including a transfer from Wellston->Jackson. If nothing else it's helping him receive better exposure for interested colleges and academically to still pursue a degree regardless of recruitment to the next level and I can't fault a kid and his family making that decision.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Just caught work that jaylen prater is waiting for clearance from ohsaa to make the transfer to Jackson also.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Actually he has been working out at the local YMCA in Jackson, he never trained at Jackson High school.

Return to “Football”