Week 2 Southern (0-1) vs. South Gallia (1-0)

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Week 2 Southern (0-1) vs. South Gallia (1-0)

Post by Tornado Fan »

Southern played with a lot of heart against Symmes Valley n wk 1 after losing a teammate/friend to a tragic accident en route to a 34-21 loss while South Gallia pounded East 37-18.....thoughts on this one....

bluedevil
JV Team

Re: Week 2 Southern (0-1) vs. South Gallia (1-0)

Post by bluedevil »

south gallia 40 to 12

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Terrible tragety for the Southern football family. As for this weeks game I feel like South Gallia will win but I struggle with the margin. I am going to say 35-12. If SG offense puts the ball on the ground the game could get a little to close for comfort. HAVE A GREAT WEEK OF PRACTICE. GO REBELS!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

S.G. 34-7

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

South Gallia moves to 2-0 fairly comfortably.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Wow I didn't realize South Gallia was such a great team. If I remember last years game could have went either way.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Had weather cooperated this would have been the first game in the new athletic complex. I walked through the field house yesterday. It really starting to take shape. The concrete brims for the track is also being poured. It's going to look great when completed!

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

This will be a good game but south gallia will pull away.. Southern always plays us tight... In our two playoff years they were good games... 22-16 in 06 and 24-6 in 05..... So I'll go 27-13

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Southern will win this game. Danny Ramthun will get atleast 100 yards passing with a score and 65 yards rushing with a score and Tyler Barton will rush for 50 yards and two scores, the boys in purple will get us a 27-21 W. GO SHS!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

if southern has a chance in this one they will needs at least 200 passing and force south gallia turnovers, sg wont give up much on the ground

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

probably gonna check this team out alot of chatter for sure.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

From the sounds of it the Rebels better sure up that pass defense a little more before Friday night. If they can do that and play the run like they did at East I see no reason why SG can't win this game. They can't overlook Southern, or anyone for that matter.

SG fan
Waterboy

Post by SG fan »

I think the rebels walk away with a win. Best defence in years. The offence is pretty good to. We will match up pretty good with speed. Someone said last week that we werent that fast. This is the fastest team we have had in years. I wouldnt say we are not as fast as our 06 team. If u really know our players we have a good bit runnin 4.8 and 4.9. We r a pretty fast team. We will match up with speed good on our schedule. Wahama might be a little faster than us.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

SG fan wrote:I think the rebels walk away with a win. Best defence in years. The offence is pretty good to. We will match up pretty good with speed. Someone said last week that we werent that fast. This is the fastest team we have had in years. I wouldnt say we are not as fast as our 06 team. If u really know our players we have a good bit runnin 4.8 and 4.9. We r a pretty fast team. We will match up with speed good on our schedule. Wahama might be a little faster than us.
That was me that said SG didn't have much speed. 4.8 or 4.9 is decent in this part of the state. Columbus and above that is considered average.

SG fan
Waterboy

Post by SG fan »

I see wat ur sayin. I thought u were comparing us to our schedule.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

SG fan wrote:I see wat ur sayin. I thought u were comparing us to our schedule.
Should be alright against the schedule. Just looking at the playoffs IF the Rebels make it.

SG fan
Waterboy

Post by SG fan »

So mercerville monster. Tell me wat u think of the team this year and wat u think the playoff chances r. Know its a little early to tell but wat u got figured so far?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I'm not gonna say playoffs after week 1 but they did surprise me going to East and winning that convincingly. The thing is, they should have scored 50+. It was a good win but we will see how good of a win it turns out to be after East gets a few games under their belt. Gotta limit the turnovers and penalties or they will come back to bite them as well. Also they gotta tighten up the pass D a little more. The TD pass East had seemed like it was in the air for 5 minutes. If they were in a zone the safety has to be back there to atleast knock it down but preferably pick it off. If in man, the corner should have been there because they had plenty of time to run underneath it.

The things I was impressed with was their execution. They had a few slip ups which is expected in week 1 but overall they executed very well. Also the special teams was good. Nice kickoffs, average punts, and it is nice to be able to send in a kicker for a PAT finally and feel pretty confident about him making it.

Thing I worry about is the schedule. TVC seems to be a bit weak this year outside of Wahama and Trimble and the non conference schedule with Symmes Valley. The way I see it the Rebels are gonna have to beat one, if not two of those teams to get into the playoffs with most of the TVC appearing to be a bit down. Just ask Trimble who went 10-0 one year and didn't make the playoffs.

SG fan
Waterboy

Post by SG fan »

I agree with every thing u said. I think we have a shot at beatin any of those three teams u were talkin about. They have a great d and i know that east shouldnt have scored but i think that was a lot of week 1 mistakes. They do need to protect the ball better cause i think that could lose them a close game againt a good team.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

The one run play they scored on was just a fast back that picked up a couple blocks and was all he needed, nothing wrong with that score. The passing TD should have been defended. I think the guy got behind the secondary and nobody seen him. From what I hear Southern can throw the ball so I am sure Coach Peck has them working on their pass D this week cause I will be the first to tell you that he didn't like the results of that pass play at all. Coach Peck gets a bit intense and that is why he is a players coach. Players seen to flock to him, even when I played and he was an assistant.

Return to “Football”