Logan To The OCC

moonshine
SEO

Logan To The OCC

Post by moonshine »

Per this morning Columbus Dispatch Watkins Memorial is leaving the OCC! Will Logan apply for membership? Logan supporters what do you think!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Logan To The OCC

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think a big school division of the Mid State League would be the ideal league for Logan. I'm not sure the OCC would be interested in Logan due to location. The OCC already thinks Lancaster is "way out there".

I guess, ultimately, it will depend on how many schools the OCC adds if Logan does apply. If only one school is added, I doubt Logan would be considered if a fast-growing Canal Winchester were to apply.

Otherwise, I think Logan would be a good fit in the OCC. I just think a big school division of the Mid State League would be the best place for Logan.

Late 70s Logan grad
Freshman Team

Post by Late 70s Logan grad »

This is how stupid rumors get started. Logan is not -- repeat, NOT -- going to the OCC!!!!!!

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

I agree!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logangrad wrote:Wow. Let it go. Logan will never be in the OCC. The Mid State League would be the only viable league to go to if all the schools agreed on a good division. Unless all the stars align and a special league is formed with area schools on 33 and around the area, which in my lifetime I see not happening; Logan will NEVER join the OCC. It makes ZERO sense and once again I feel like youre bored and have nothing better to do. But here again, I and a few others responded, so it must be working; which I feel dumber now because of it. :122248
You have made my day! But it is the only divison of the OCC which Logan would fit! Do not be surprised! It makes sense from the cost contaiment standpoint. NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN! per James Bond.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

we don't to jion the OCC. the MSL is a better fit. drive wise and school size.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote:we don't to jion the OCC. the MSL is a better fit. drive wise and school size.
Did you check out the Capital divison of the OCC before your comment, yes but we could be playing down if we would join the MSL. Play big and play tough!

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Watkins has been rumored to be leaving the OCC for quite some time. What I hear is that pending the new enrollment data at the OHSAA, there will simply be re-alignment in several OCC divisions. I don't see the OCC as gung ho to drive to Logan.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

It would be a terrible decision for Logan to apply for the OCC. They would get dominated in every sport. Mark it down. Of course they would have some years in some sports but by in large they would get dominated. Furthermore, the OCC would NEVER take them so it is a moot point. Any new schools in the OCC will come from new schools opening within districts that are already in the OCC. No outside schools will get into the OCC ever again unless there are extreme circumstances that dictate it.

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

Agreed with many above. The most logical choices to go to the OCC (if they do look outside) are probably the following:
Canal Winchester (MSL-B)
Teays Valley (MSL-B)
Hamilton Township (MSL-B)
Jonathan Alder (independent)

All of these schools are in the Columbus metro area, and the first three would be in close proximity to the other schools in the OCC-Capital div. The first 3 are division II schools in football, while Alder is a growing area and will be division III. They are all MUCH quicker drives for the OCC than Logan, which is key. As an A-C alum, I would hate to see them go, but CW would fit best as far as competition across sports and location.
The thing is, if one of the MSL-B schools leave, there would be an opening there, and if Logan were to go to the MSL, it would be the best fit of the present division alignments (currently 3 Div.II, 3 Div III, 2 Div. IV football schools, all in Fairfield, Pickaway, and southern Franklin County). More likely, the MSL will go through some form of realignment, which Logan might fit also.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Just a hunch, but I think the administrators at Logan love the SEOAL,they're not going anywhere IMO unless the league totally collapses and then it might take awhile to get accepted in another league so it could be a scheduling headache if that would happen,,I personally would love to see them in the OCC but not likely to happen, they don't like coming down here and the powers that be at Logan probably won't budge unless forced to...

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Take it to the bank.... Logan is NOT leaving the SEOAL. This is all just a rumor for all of the preppies to get stirred up.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Logan wants no part of the OCC in all sports year in, year out, period. The MSL Buckeye would be the closest fit around here but with only Hamilton Township, Teays Valley and Canal Winchester anywhere near Logan's size I don't think that would work either and as "Moonschein" stated earlier, Logan would be playing down most of the time. They started in the SEOAL and won't leave unless it disbands IMO.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Actually, Logan likes to compete with the OCC and does fairly well against bigger competition ( D-I). Should Logan ever get admitted into an OCC D-II division, they might do even better. But don't expect that to happen. In a D-II OCC division, Logan would compete well in most sports most of the time. And certainly from a football viewpoint, they would get a regular shot at the playoffs with the bigger school schedule than the current SEOAL. Marietta was of no help. Warren was usually the same. Portsmouth offered few points some of the time. And the other schools offered points but never a guarantee.

I expect they will stay until or unless the SEOAL folds. Many of the D-II OCC teams wouldn't want the drive nor the competition. Most wouldn't want to play Logan's non-league schedule of D-I Lancaster, Pick North, etc. and often some of those schools aren't any better than some good SEOAL teams . The OCC in D-II isn't all that.

NewarkBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by NewarkBuckeye »

Logangrad wrote:And FWIW, I think Watkins Memorial is joining the Licking County League that is forming. Here's how it would shake out in football season:

Newark (DI)
Watkins Memorial (DII)
Licking Valley, Granville, Licking Heights, Lakewood (DIII)
Heath, Johnstown, Utica (DIV)
Northridge (DV)
Newark Catholic (DIV)
FWI: Newark is NOT joining the Licking County League. They are entrenched in the OCC. Also, Licking Heights is now DII and Northridge DIV.

As far as Logan, I think it would be a good fit to join the OCC. One of the toughest leagues in the state. Not only football, but others sports as well.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Don't see them going to OCC but with high gas prices I can definetly see them going to Mid States League. All the schools would be closer than what they are driving now and the rival games within the league I would think could draw some hugh crowds which in turn brings in big bucks!

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

Paladin_II wrote:Watkins has been rumored to be leaving the OCC for quite some time. What I hear is that pending the new enrollment data at the OHSAA, there will simply be re-alignment in several OCC divisions. I don't see the OCC as gung ho to drive to Logan.
I agree with this post. Logan is in a good situation where it is now. With the exception of driving to portsmouth. The SEOAL provides Logan with enough points to qualify for post season in football and it allows them to play 4 or 5 non league games. i cant see Logan wanting to be Mount Vernon in football. that is what they would be in the OCC

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Boy, you missed the mark on this one, Eccedo . Logan would kick butt in an OCC D-II division. In D-II the only school in the OCC that MAY have Logan's number is Big Walnut. Mt Vernon would get killed against the Chiefs. Logan would challenge for a title annually in the OCC D-II division. In fact, the MSL has to be having second thoughts about inviting Logan to that league. Logan would dominate there also. Check out the OCC D-II schools. Not exactly a who's who of Ohio football.

Return to “Football”