Portsmouth West Football 2011

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Portsmouth West Football 2011

Post by D_Journey9 »

Any words on how good the senators will be this year?.....

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth West Football 2011

Post by BigBlueNation »

With alot of three year starters and what we have to fill the spots we need to fill I think the sky is the limits I think we are loaded it should be a very successfull 2011.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

How are things shaping up down at West? I hope things are going well and the team is the weight room daily.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Things look pretty good, buy have alot of skilled position kids on vacation, then on vacation with their girl friends, then vacation with grandparents and so on. Would like to see them all together for once, but, thats summer and it's not
manditory.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Is West attending any 7 on 7 camps?

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

When does the OHSAA allow mandatory practices to start? I know Notre Dame's start soon but not sure about the exact date.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

OSU 77 wrote:Is West attending any 7 on 7 camps?
They went to Parkersburgs a few weeks back I do believe. Not sure how
it all turned out.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

blue53 wrote:
it all turned out.
I think it was Point Pleasant and I was told they did really well against some of the bigger schools in WVA.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

siderman wrote:
blue53 wrote:
it all turned out.
I think it was Point Pleasant and I was told they did really well against some of the bigger schools in WVA.
Yeah, I got my town wrong. One of the Howe twins was telling me they were heading out the next day. Whatever one I was talking to. I can't tell them apart :oops:

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What is going on with 7 on 7 and WEST. I would like to see some dates and times for 7 on 7 camps they plan on attending.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

West won the 7 on 7 at raceland beating ashland in the championship.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Good Job West!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

West was unstoppable yesterday. They was only keep out of the endzone once yesterday, with Ratliff at QB. He threw the ball very well yesterday. He has so many weapons in the passing game. Bricker catches anything thrown to him. Bricker and Frye are very dangerous on the deep ball. Auger and Summers also have very good hands, and will give you yards after the catch. I look for West's offense to be more balanced this year, and very dangerous. I heard people in the stands yesterday saying, "I can't believe this is a West team", and "I thought they just ran the ball". We have some holes to fill on defense. But I look for this team to be very hard to stop on offense. it could be a very good year.

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

Black@Orange wrote:West was unstoppable yesterday. They was only keep out of the endzone once yesterday, with Ratliff at QB. He threw the ball very well yesterday. He has so many weapons in the passing game. Bricker catches anything thrown to him. Bricker and Frye are very dangerous on the deep ball. Auger and Summers also have very good hands, and will give you yards after the catch. I look for West's offense to be more balanced this year, and very dangerous. I heard people in the stands yesterday saying, "I can't believe this is a West team", and "I thought they just ran the ball". We have some holes to fill on defense. But I look for this team to be very hard to stop on offense. it could be a very good year.
until west removes Ratliff from QB and passes the ball more, they will not fair well in the playoffs. last year in the highland game Levi looked like a scared little chicken running backwards on passes and then couldnt hang on to the ball. yea they may have looked good in the 7 on 7s but wait till the pads are put on. if west wants to have any chance of doing anything come playoff time, they must be more balanced offensively by passing the ball more. the ol "3 yards and a cloud of dust" doesnt work anymore when the playoffs come and you must have a QB that isnt scared to stand in the pocket step up and throw, and Levi isnt that QB. I hope West does well but those are my points that i seen from last year that must be imporved or looked for the same thing to happen again this year. maybe this new coach can bring in a passing game into an area still fond of the running game. ive always said it, when a team starts to be more balanced in this area, they will unstoppable (if the D can remain strong)

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Not sure but I think Ratliff passed for over 1000yds last year.Don't down any kid on these forums.That's low.
West should go 9-1 or 10-0 this year with all the varsity experience returning and huge line.
Last edited by playa_44 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sadie74 wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:West was unstoppable yesterday. They was only keep out of the endzone once yesterday, with Ratliff at QB. He threw the ball very well yesterday. He has so many weapons in the passing game. Bricker catches anything thrown to him. Bricker and Frye are very dangerous on the deep ball. Auger and Summers also have very good hands, and will give you yards after the catch. I look for West's offense to be more balanced this year, and very dangerous. I heard people in the stands yesterday saying, "I can't believe this is a West team", and "I thought they just ran the ball". We have some holes to fill on defense. But I look for this team to be very hard to stop on offense. it could be a very good year.
until west removes Ratliff from QB and passes the ball more, they will not fair well in the playoffs. last year in the highland game Levi looked like a scared little chicken running backwards on passes and then couldnt hang on to the ball. yea they may have looked good in the 7 on 7s but wait till the pads are put on. if west wants to have any chance of doing anything come playoff time, they must be more balanced offensively by passing the ball more. the ol "3 yards and a cloud of dust" doesnt work anymore when the playoffs come and you must have a QB that isnt scared to stand in the pocket step up and throw, and Levi isnt that QB. I hope West does well but those are my points that i seen from last year that must be imporved or looked for the same thing to happen again this year. maybe this new coach can bring in a passing game into an area still fond of the running game. ive always said it, when a team starts to be more balanced in this area, they will unstoppable (if the D can remain strong)
2 things-

1.) Not cool to call a kid a "scared little chicken".
2.) Bob Shaffer isnt going to put the ball in the air 20 times a game. I will promise you that. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that unless you can have success running the ball, your passing game will suck. I agree that teams have to be balanced, but they have to be able to run the ball first and foremost.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Sadie you sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend. If Levi dumped you I'm sorry. But this is not the place to get your revenge. Grow up and move on! West will have a very good year this year. And a big reason why is because of Levi. A 3 yr. starter on offense and defense. Along with many of his teammates. This class has the size, strength, experience, and the will to win!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Isn't a post like that supposed to be against the rules on this forum?

Besides Levi is a good QB. He threw for around a thousand yards in a run offense. Without his passing, we wouldn't have been in the game with burg and valley, much less almost beat them. If they pass more this year, and I think they will, he could be around the 1500 yard mark.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

What time does PW PRACTICE?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

6pm I think. Most go earlier.

Return to “Football”