RIVER VALLEY RAIDERS 2011

RVRaiderFan
All State

RIVER VALLEY RAIDERS 2011

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thoughts on the upcoming 2011 season for the Raiders? What do we expect from the Raiders under their new coach? Can he turn this program back to where it was heading from 02-04? Will they be playing at the new field in Bidwell, or still playing in Cheshire? I have heard a lot of good things about the new coaching staff and new head coach. Let's hear everyone's thoughts!

GO RAIDERS!!!

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Re: RIVER VALLEY RAIDERS 2011

Post by Titletown TVC »

Best wishes as you enter the TVC.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Things at RV will change if the kids and parents change and buy into letting the coaches decude what is best for the teams! Such as show up for workouts and open gyms stop trying to tell the coaches what is best for the teams. Push the kids to be the best they can be and not make excuses when they stub their toes.
Good Luck Raiders in 2011-2012 start a new tradition hard work not excuses!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What do they return?Will the team be better this season.They come to Beverly in Week 4 and will be wanting to revenge the 43-0 beat down from a season ago.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:Things at RV will change if the kids and parents change and buy into letting the coaches decude what is best for the teams! Such as show up for workouts and open gyms stop trying to tell the coaches what is best for the teams. Push the kids to be the best they can be and not make excuses when they stub their toes.
Good Luck Raiders in 2011-2012 start a new tradition hard work not excuses!
Most accurate post concerning RV I have read in a longgggg time! Especially in terms of the parents being parents and not trying to side against the coaches or coach their kids from home or the stands. Let the coaches coach, let the kids play, and just be a parent and encourage the kids to work harder to get better and take responsibility for their own shortcomings. When team A loses it is usually because team B worked harder in practice or the off season and when a losing trend continues it is easier for kids to play XBox than get out and work hard to become better. Parents tell the kids to get out and work harder and quit blaming everyone else for losing (refs, coaches, administrators, bus drivers, other team for cheating, etc...)

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Revenge will be sweet.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Any progress on the new field?

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Raiderball wrote:Any progress on the new field?
From what I heard the field will not be ready. The sod hasn't been laid down yet. Three options I heard was a) Play at the old field, b) Play the games on the road, c) Play at SG. I hope they play at the old field if the new one isn't done in time. I can't figure out how with only a few guys working on it if it will ever be done. The construction crew they hired is a joke.

Good luck RV!

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Incredible...

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

My brother was telling me about the field difficulties the other day. Yet another obstacle for Coach Sparling to fight.

Kids at RV can't buy a break.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

As mentioned in the past, given the circumstances, there are few players more dedicated than an RV player. I sincerely hope that the new coach can harvest that dedication and use it to turn around the program.

In today's entertainment enviroment, it is amazing that these young men continue to show up despite the road blocks that are always in their way. Despite their records, I salute them.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

sandman wrote:As mentioned in the past, given the circumstances, there are few players more dedicated than an RV player. I sincerely hope that the new coach can harvest that dedication and use it to turn around the program.

In today's entertainment enviroment, it is amazing that these young men continue to show up despite the road blocks that are always in their way. Despite their records, I salute them.
Some are, maybe 6-8 on the football team 3-4 on the bball team most of the talented athletes are not dedicated i talk to them every day and challenge them, you get the im gonna play any how i dont need open gym or lifting. It takes everyone being dedicated not a few to be be a winner!what obsticals they have a weight room and gym what else you need?
I blame the parents! Excuses instead of pep talks that is their motto.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:
From what I heard the field will not be ready. The sod hasn't been laid down yet. Three options I heard was a) Play at the old field, b) Play the games on the road, c) Play at SG. I hope they play at the old field if the new one isn't done in time. I can't figure out how with only a few guys working on it if it will ever be done. The construction crew they hired is a joke.

Good luck RV!
Thanks Dr evans for giving the contract to a neighbor and Rat contractor!
Maybe as soon as they stop screwing up rt7 north they will get on the fields in like 2015.
Evidence of you get what you pay for!

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Great posts bobcat!!!

Although I am sure they charged way more than they are actually worth. Apparently you have seen rt 7. lol I like the keep it local idea but hate the result of that mindset sometimes.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
sandman wrote:As mentioned in the past, given the circumstances, there are few players more dedicated than an RV player. I sincerely hope that the new coach can harvest that dedication and use it to turn around the program.

Some are, maybe 6-8 on the football team 3-4 on the bball team most of the talented athletes are not dedicated i talk to them every day and challenge them, you get the im gonna play any how i dont need open gym or lifting. It takes everyone being dedicated not a few to be be a winner!what obsticals they have a weight room and gym what else you need?

Too true!!!!!! Change is coming on the side of the school with the new facilities and coaches but now the parents need to keep up their end of the deal and with that, the results are possibly going to change as well. RV should be able to compete in the TVC but they should have been able to compete better in the OVC and we saw how that turned out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

When is someone going to talk actually talk football?

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

the bobcat sounds bitter that the doctor is not doing a good job. the expert says give her time. she will have the field ready or they can go to rio grande and rent one of the soccer fields.

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
GalliaGrad89 wrote:

Good luck RV!
Thanks Dr evans for giving the contract to a neighbor and Rat contractor!
Maybe as soon as they stop screwing up rt7 north they will get on the fields in like 2015.
Evidence of you get what you pay for!

I didn't know SG had sod down as of yet. Interesting.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

I think you guys should quit making excuses and come play jackson.

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

ole_Bobcat wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. This is the coach's problem. The number one motivator of kids that age is right in your post. "I'm gonna play anyway, I don't need open gym or lifting" Playing time is the only thing that motivates kids in some cases. If those kids aren't motivated enough to come to the extra workouts, then don't start/play them regardless of how athletic they are. Play the kids that come and let the others sit the bench and they'll get the message sooner or later. If they quit, you were probably better off without them anyway. It may hurt you short term, but it will be best for your program in the long run.

Return to “Football”