Week 1 - Wellston at Jackson

ironman02
SEOP

Week 1 - Wellston at Jackson

Post by ironman02 »

There was a request, as I expected there would be, to remove the last thread. Here are the rules of the forum. Follow them!

1.Use common sense and be considerate and respectful toward all users.

2. Southeasternohiopreps.com is not responsible for any material or content posted by our users. Our staff will remove any inappropriate material from the public view as quickly as possible. Questionable content posted will be moved to a private area, only accessible by SEOP staff.

3.You agree not to post off-topic. This rule will mainly be enforced on Sport topics only, such as Football, Baseball, Basketball, etc…

4.You may not post content or links to content that is offensive, obscene, racist, abusive, or anything else that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law. Violating this rule will result in an immediate ban of user account.

5. Please be respectful of the site, fellow posters, and the staff of this site. If you have complaints, then please contact an Administrator or Moderator and inform them of the problem. Using the open forum for such complaints is not acceptable.

6. Threats or vulgar language sent to staff or other members in private messages will not be allowed period. This will result in a suspension or possibly being banned from SEOP.

7. Any attempt to reveal or hint at a person's identity in an open forum is grounds for immediate removal from this site. All users on this board have the right to remain anonymous if they do so choose.

8. Bashing kids and coaches on SEOP will not be tolerated.

Failure to consent to these rules will result in an immediate suspension, or permanent ban from SEOP.

SEOP reserves the right to expand or revise these rules at any time.

huthuthike
Waterboy

Re: Week 1 - Wellston at Jackson

Post by huthuthike »

Wellston wins this one.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Look for the Ironmen to be focused and ready to play this year. Go Ironmen !!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I look for the ironmen to win but as usual to predict any scores in this game would be tough. This is a rivalry and anything can happen in these types of games. The crowd should be electric with one of the best high school football games atmosphere in the area. Lets pack the stadium in both colors and set an attendance record!
GO IRONMEN!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

GO BIG REDDDDDD!!!!

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

go blue have a great season.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Rockets make Wellston proud

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I mentioned this on the Wellston thread, but did anyone know that there was a traveling trophy that was awarded to the winner of the Jackson-Wellston game each year? Somehow I didn't know this, but apparently it's called The Four Quarter Brawl Trophy.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

ironman02.....This Four Quarter Brawl trophy was part of ESPN RISE UP project. It's new.

It's a pretty cool trophy. Glass trophy — half Jackson, half Wellston.
Last edited by Keyser_sozeThrice on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Saw your post on the other thread, keyser_soze78. Thanks again!

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

How has prater(sp?) looked so far? and I was told osborne plays for the Ironmen now? might just be a rumor I'm from the Minford area so I don't really have a solid source. Back this game though like said up top this is a huge rivalry and the winner of this game is whoever comes out first an hits the other right in the mouth like last year.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Yes it is true Osborne transfered to Jackson at the end of last school year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Even ran track last spring at Jackson

ji81grad
Riding the Bench

Post by ji81grad »

Coach Hall found out the depth and nature of the rivalry last year. Its one thing to come in from the outside and hear the talk and all that, but it is another to experience it first hand. Having said that, I expect the focus of the off season switched from the intense (yet friendly) rivalry with Gallia to the bitter (in some circles) one with Wellston.

Even a 9-1 season, SEOAL Championship and playoff berth could not completely eradicate the bitter taste in the mouths of the Ironmen faithful following last years loss.

When he felt the wrath of this rivalry I think he was taken aback. I don't think he'll get caught unprepared again. He's a smart guy and a very good coach, I look for a fully focused Jackson Team Week One. If Wellston is to begin their own streak, they will have to bring their very best.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

THE new trophy is awesome looking. with that being said wellston better play a heckuva game this year if they wanna beat the ironman..

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I gotta think Jackson will be more than motivated to put the hammer down on Wellston this year. I'll take Jackson by multiple scores at home.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ji81grad,

That's a great post. I think it's hard for someone who didn't grow up around the rivalry to realize its magnitude. I believe Coach Hall even said that himself last year in a radio interview. He knew it was a big game because that's what people told him, but now, after what happened last season, he truly realizes its importance.

After winning 19 times in a row, it has to be easy to become complacent. Wellston had a great gameplan and executed it very well, but I think Jackson honestly believed that at some point in that game, things would just fall into place and they'd come through with the win. Obviously that didn't happen. This time around, the focus, intensity, and urgency should be there for four quarters. Last season was great, winning 9 games and bringing the SEOAL title back to Jackson, but you're exactly right. Week 1 still hurts. I have to believe that this year's Ironmen will be very hungry to right that wrong.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I was told that ESPN was coming down to film the game for that ESPN Rise program. Wellston winning last year probably may have been the best thing to happen to this rivalry. I feel that this game could be the biggest gate that both teams have seen in a long time!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I don't see why they would come down the game is at Jackson this year.
Only 10 days until kick off.

Return to “Football”