SEOAL Expansion??

warrior90
Varsity

SEOAL Expansion??

Post by warrior90 »

With Chillicothe leaving who should move into SEOAL? My thoughts would be Athens and Vinton County by location. Thoughts??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL Expansion??

Post by noreply66 »

I would add Nelson/York too

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Maybe Warren should look to leave also. They are on an island and if Portsmouth leaves then Jackson and/or Gallia would be the next to go. Warren needs to looks at TVC or forming a new league since they can't get in the MVL.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

No way Vinton Co. would want in. They cant compete in the TVC now. Athens would be a great fit and so would Nelsonville, dont know if Nelsonville would be able to handle not being able to dominate the conference every year though

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Who says the SEOAL will expand? Maybe they merge with another league?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Like I said b-4 after Nelsonville-York and Trimble consoldate and along with Athens That's the two schools!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If Vinton County ever leaves the TVC, it will be for the SVC.. not the SEOAL.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Who says the SEOAL will expand? Maybe they merge with another league?

Only merger possibility would be with the TVC for locality. If that happens I think Logan would be hard pressed to want to be with more smaller schools. It would make for a fairly good TVC Hocking conference though if Logan, Warren, Gallia and Jackson, and Portmouth joined. I think if that merger was going to happen though Portmouth and Logan would stay south and North respectively with closer conferences and Warren Gallia and Jackson would join the TVC to make the TVC Hocking have 9 members as the TVC Ohio has 9 members.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

warrior90 wrote:Only merger possibility would be with the TVC for locality. If that happens I think Logan would be hard pressed to want to be with more smaller schools. It would make for a fairly good TVC Hocking conference though if Logan, Warren, Gallia and Jackson, and Portmouth joined. I think if that merger was going to happen though Portmouth and Logan would stay south and North respectively with closer conferences and Warren Gallia and Jackson would join the TVC to make the TVC Hocking have 9 members as the TVC Ohio has 9 members.

The TVC becomes a 3 division conference in the Fall of 2014, with the addition of River Valley:

2014: River Valley joins the TVC as the 16th league member and will become a part of the TVC HOCKING. The TVC HOCKING splits into two different divisions. In the Fall of 2014, the TVC will look like this:

TVC OHIO
Alexander Spartans
Athens Bulldogs
Meigs Marauders
Nelsonville-York Buckeyes
Vinton County Vikings
Wellston Golden Rockets

TVC HOCKING NORTH
Belpre Golden Eagles
Federal Hocking Lancers
River Valley Raiders
Trimble Tomcats
Wahama White Falcons

TVC HOCKING SOUTH
Eastern Eagles
Miller Falcons
South Gallia Rebels
Southern Tornadoes
Waterford Wildcats

The Hocking Division names could change, but as of now they are called North and South even though they are not geographically matched up, but more so matched up in terms of enrollment/competativeness.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think the SEOAL and TVC should merge and then have divisions based on a combination of school size and competativeness.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Logangrad wrote:There are already feelers out there for Marietta and Ironton to come back to the SEOAL and Athens could be a school that the league goes after down the road. I dont think youll see a TVC team other than Athens being approached by the SEOAL.
Don't look for Marietta to make a quick return. ECOL is a very nice league with no travel problems.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Logangrad wrote:And the ECOL is rumored to be looking to expand further North. If that happens, nobody will want to drive further south than Cambridge.
Have not heard about anyone getting kicked out of a league, heck the SEOAL even let Logan stay even with them being out of the way for everyone else. By the way are you kicking Portsmouth out since no one likes going there I hear?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Warren could join Marietta in the ECOL.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

The three division format for 2014 in the TVC is on hold. Because, Superintendents from some of the schools were not very happy with the idea. This comes from an AD in the league.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ill bet one of those "two" is Athens.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

HSFBFAN wrote:The three division format for 2014 in the TVC is on hold. Because, Superintendents from some of the schools were not very happy with the idea. This comes from an AD in the league.
The 3 division format should be based on numbers an nothing else. Also, it should be the Ohio, Muskingum, and Hocking. None of this north and south bull.

Return to “Football”