Cavalier Football 2012

buckcraze
JV Team

Cavalier Football 2012

Post by buckcraze »

A big thanks to Coach Kellough and the basketball boys for a great run, but it is over (a week is long enough to wait, right?), in my world that means it is football season! Weightroom, conditioning, putting schemes and summer schedules together-the whole nine yards. I have been told the weightroom numbers have been above average, but young all winter. Senior class is only going to have five to seven members in it. I did hear that the work ethic is really improving in the weightroom though. Starting a lot of juniors and sophmores, TOUGH schedule, could mean for a bumpy ride this year. In my opinion, if the CAVS can win one to three of those incredibly tough non-league games, grow as a team, keep from becoming discouraged and injured, they could go 5-5 to 7-3. 7-3 would almost guarantee an improbable playoff spot for this young team.

buckcraze
JV Team

Re: Cavalier Football 2012

Post by buckcraze »

I talked to a few people this weekend at the Fair Weather Relays and it sounds like Chilli has some hungry young kids that have been working very hard this winter. I also heard some bad news that the Johnson boy was not going to play this coming year. Point in case from the schedule blog, there is your DI talent that may not play. He is a DI safety if I have ever seen one. He is a much better football player than the Lunde boy that went to Indiana in the mid-80's ( no offense to Greg, he was a really good athlete). Johnson plays, I will make march prediction of 7-3, battling for a league title, and hosting a playoff game. Johnson does not play, 4-6 and still making noise in the league.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Heard from a family member whos kids are in the system that the Johnson boy as of now is difinitely not playing. What a waste. He is a good basketball player, but could be a great football player. Whoever is advising this boy is making a major mistake. I also was told he is exhibiting some poor judgements about his off court, off field, and off campus actions. I was also told he does not possess the grades to qualify as a freshman and still has not taken the ACT. The rumors of him being officially offered college basketball scholarships are false.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

May prediction, 6-4, league title (first one since joining the league), eighth spot in the playoffs. I keep hearing some nice things coming out of the weight room. GO CAVS!!!! That is my May prediction assuming the Johnson boy does not play.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Bad news in Cavalier land? I hear that three returning starters, 2 seniors and a junior will not be with the football team this year due to never showing up for and refusing to participate in any off season team functions. I hear another returning starter, a senior may be close to being told his services will not be needed due to lack of participation in off season activities. SAD!!!!

Listen Chillicothe, and I am talking to the people who keep undermining the reconstruction of this program-and you know who you are-ANY football program that even wants to consistently sniff 7-3 seasons must have 100 percent commitment from its players during the off season. Championships are won or lost during the off season, not starting August! One senior is a legit DI recruit, the other senior could play small college db, the third senior could play small college safety, but I hate to tell everyone where all three will be next year, but you Chillicothe people have let this happen to the young people of that community for decades and decades, again SAD!!!! Starts at home folks! Parents, I do not care who you are, you do not know more than a staff with nearly 140 years of coaching experience combined with connections to major DI football programs such as OSU, Notre Dame, Texas A. & M., Georgia Tech, and many others!!!! Stop circumventing what this staff is trying to do! Let the coaches be the bosses, not your kids, and not you parents and you will be pleased with the quality of football you get to watch on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays-and you will be proud of the young men your children will become.

I do understand that by OHSAA rules nothing can be deemed mandatory until I believe July 27 or 28 ( I cannot remember the exact date), but that rule is is for losing programs. Chillicothe will remain a losing program until the parents and kids stop accepting this rule as an excuse to be LAZY!!!! Get to the weight room, and camp and conditioning, and get to work winning, or understand you will always be consistent losers! Losing is easy, winning is hard- but which is more fun?

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Garin Veris resigns as AD

Chillicothe High School Athletic Director Garin Veris has resigned his position. Veris provided a press release, which stated as follows.

"I have decided to resign my position as Athletic Director at Chillicothe High School. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as the Athletic Director at CHS over the past year. The City of Chillicothe and Chillicothe High School have been an integral part of who I am as a person. To have the opportunity to lead the CHS Athletics program and our outstanding coaches and student athletes, was very rewarding. Watching the kids improve their grades over the year and striving to compete at maximum effort in athletic competition is what made my time at CHS so enjoyable. A quote from legendary UCLA basketball coach John Wooden said it best, "Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there". More than anything, I wanted our kids at CHS to play and compete with character and passion.

Superintendent Jon Saxton and CHS Principal Jeff Fisher are outstanding leaders and I cannot say enough great things about their strong belief in the benefits of high academic performance and participating in athletic endeavors. I am thankful to the Chillicothe City Schools Board of Education for allowing me to come back home and become a member of administrative team cares about the children of Chillicothe. My decision rests simply and entirely on the fact that at this time in my life, I want to pursue other opportunities that are ahead. I will continue to work with CHS Athletics until a new Athletic Director has been chosen.

Chillicothe High School will continue to produce many of the very best students in Ross County and across the state. I will always continue to carry "Cavalier Pride" with me wherever I go. Go Cavs !"

Read more: http://www.wbex.com/cc-common/news/sect ... z1yLa1Oeir

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

buckcraze wrote:Bad news in Cavalier land? I hear that three returning starters, 2 seniors and a junior will not be with the football team this year due to never showing up for and refusing to participate in any off season team functions. I hear another returning starter, a senior may be close to being told his services will not be needed due to lack of participation in off season activities. SAD!!!!

Listen Chillicothe, and I am talking to the people who keep undermining the reconstruction of this program-and you know who you are-ANY football program that even wants to consistently sniff 7-3 seasons must have 100 percent commitment from its players during the off season. Championships are won or lost during the off season, not starting August! One senior is a legit DI recruit, the other senior could play small college db, the third senior could play small college safety, but I hate to tell everyone where all three will be next year, but you Chillicothe people have let this happen to the young people of that community for decades and decades, again SAD!!!! Starts at home folks! Parents, I do not care who you are, you do not know more than a staff with nearly 140 years of coaching experience combined with connections to major DI football programs such as OSU, Notre Dame, Texas A. & M., Georgia Tech, and many others!!!! Stop circumventing what this staff is trying to do! Let the coaches be the bosses, not your kids, and not you parents and you will be pleased with the quality of football you get to watch on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays-and you will be proud of the young men your children will become.

I do understand that by OHSAA rules nothing can be deemed mandatory until I believe July 27 or 28 ( I cannot remember the exact date), but that rule is is for losing programs. Chillicothe will remain a losing program until the parents and kids stop accepting this rule as an excuse to be LAZY!!!! Get to the weight room, and camp and conditioning, and get to work winning, or understand you will always be consistent losers! Losing is easy, winning is hard- but which is more fun?

Perfect.

Sucks to hear about good kids leaving the team but as for the overall message, I couldn't say it any better.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

This has been the case in Chillicothe for years. Hot headed kids who dont want to put the work in and swallow their pride for the better good of the program and team. The coaches are more worried about teaching these kids life lessons than winning, and thats the way it should be. Worry about a teams off the field success and the W's will pile up. This is just a clear relfection on the parenting of these young men...plain and simple.

Return to “Football”