Tri-Valley Conference History

Tornado Fan
JV Team

Tri-Valley Conference History

Post by Tornado Fan »

1969 - the league was formed and consisted of 4 teams. Belpre Golden Eagles, Federal Hocking Lancers, Vinton County Vikings, and Warren Warriors.
1970 - Nelsonville York Buckeyes left SEOAL; joined TVC
1974 - Alexander Spartans joined TVC as the 6th team
1978 - Trimble Tomcats joined TVC; 7th team
1982 - Wellston Rockets left SEOAL; joined TVC; 8th team
1983 - Meigs Marauders left SEOAL; joined TVC, Miller Falcons joined as well as the 9th & 10th teams
1986 - Warren left TVC; joined SEOAL.....TVC back to 9 teams
1993 - TVC was divided into 2 divisions (OHIO-larger schools, HOCKING-smaller schools) Eastern Eagles and Southern Tornadoes joins TVC as 10th & 11th teams
TVC OHIO - Belpre, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, Vinton County, Wellston TVC HOCKING - Alexander, Eastern, Federal Hocking, Miller, Southern, Trimble
1997 - Waterford Wildcats joins TVC; became 12th team, goes to Hocking division moving Alexander up to the Ohio division
2008 - After no league changes for 11 years; Athens Bulldogs left SEOAL joins TVC OHIO as 13th team
2010 - South Gallia Rebels & Wahama White Falcons join TVC HOCKING as 14th & 15th teams; Belpre moved down to TVC HOCKING
2014 - River Valley Raiders will join TVC to make 16 teams; Fall 2014 the HOCKING DIVISION will split up into 2 divisions (North and South)
NORTH - Belpre, Fed Hock, River Valley, Trimble, Wahama SOUTH - Eastern, Miller, South Gallia, Southern, Waterford

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Tri-Valley Conference History

Post by fortdawg »

Is the North--South split a done deal? I thought it was killed.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Valley_Conference

Here is a great history of the TVC done by 96.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I'm telling you people---the North South split may happen---It's up to the Super's---but that is not a done deal---I think it is just as likely that River Valley ends up in the Ohio. If the North South split of the Hocking does occur---it won't be long till people are on here again talking big Fish Little Pond. :)

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Personally, I don't want River Valley in the Ohio until they have turned their football program around. They compete at a Hocking level, so they should be in the Hocking.

Run Bubba Run
Freshman Team

Post by Run Bubba Run »

In reference to the Wikipedia article authored by 96, there is one significant error. 1970 was not the first year for football in the TVC to recognize a conference champion. The 1969 team of Warren went 3-0-0 in the TVC and were crowned champions. They beat Vinton County 33-0, Fed Hock 44-0 and Belpre 13-12. The Warriors were the first TVC football champion and it all happened in the 1969 season. Hopefully, 96 will correct his wiki article to show as much.

Other than that, the article was very complete. However, I don't think the Hocking becoming North and South is set in concrete as yet.

Return to “Football”