What's Giing on with Wahama and the TVC?

BlizzardMan
S

What's Giing on with Wahama and the TVC?

Post by BlizzardMan »

Can somebody explain this? How can a team be removed?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: What's Giing on with Wahama and the TVC?

Post by hsfbfan »

Could be because of scheduling conflicts which have resulted in possible violations of league rules and bylaws. Besides, from what i've reading on here the split seems to be mutual.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I wouldn't think Wahama would want out this soon if ever, seems to be a good fit for them

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

According to a coach at Wahama, the tvc has been looking to kick the falcons out for about a year. The issues the tVC had with WHS were rectified by WHS but it still wasn't enough. So the TVC used a bylaw about being a member of the ohsaa to justify kicking wahama to the curb. This after they asked the ADs to revise the bylaws so that wahama could stay.

What nobody in the league seems to want to admit is that wahama was better in all sports than the league anticipated. Says a lot for the hocking schools that they want to kick out wahama. The Ohio has been over ran by athens but you don't hear those schools whining.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wahama has been dominate in one sport ... Football.

There are quite a few other sports than just the one in the fall.

I like the Falcons - and the folks in Mason - but I havn't seen a boys basketball title, girls basketball title or a volleyball title won by the red and white yet.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Leagues are formed and reformed because of Football and Boys Basketball. This is not meant to demean the other sports but it's the truth. Again, I'm not saying it's right or I'm not saying I support it but it's a cold hard fact.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

What will seem funny to a lot of people is that the Hocking teams will continue to play Wahama---they just don't want to play them for League titles. They'll play the schools down by the river in almost every sport.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

My question is how the heck did they get in to begin with if this was a problem?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Fortdawg wrote:Leagues are formed and reformed because of Football and Boys Basketball. This is not meant to demean the other sports but it's the truth. Again, I'm not saying it's right or I'm not saying I support it but it's a cold hard fact.
Everything I was hearing from my friends, who are youth football coaches around the area, is that Wahama was probably going to be way down for the next 3 or 4 years ... Winning back-to-back titles in any sport - over a two year span - should not have been used as the 'measuring stick' for a teams potential dominance. I mean, how many back-to-back titles had Trimble won? Probably a ton - yet there was no talk of Trimble ever leaving the TVC.

I have no clue what the intention was - but I have a hard time believing that just because Wahama was good at football for a couple of years they are being asked to leave.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

So is it a done deal that Wahama is gone? If so starting when?

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Wahama will choose to leave the TVC when they realize they can't dominate football. They joined when they were up and the rest of league was down. I was told by alot of people as soon as they get done with the first two years they will look to get out. Looks like they may have found the perfect scapegoat. I was told by Trimble people that awhile ago Wahama had a four year contract with them, but then backed out when the kittycats took them to the woodshed on their own field. Trimble will still win this match up 7 out of 10 years. Wahama knows this and so does Trimble. With that being said the kitties also know NY will beat them 9 out of 10 years. :lol: so Wahama fans don't run your mouths about the bucks. I remember that smackdown that was laid down on you at Boston field last year. By the way, are you scrimmaging NY again this year? or did you stick your feathers between your legs (like you have already proven you do) and find a better match up? :oops:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This ol' boy has been sitting on the sidelines watching this crap unravel. First - there is one squawking head on here telling this unconfirmed tale that the league is booting the white falcons out. Now, I know that there are plenty of you who have direct ties to AD's and coaches in the league that with one phone call or email, you could dispel this bullsh*t. Come on now, do you really believe this garbage? Until someone from the league issues a statement about ousting Wahama from the league, this is nothing but sheer conjecture. I'd ignore all the pot-stirring that has been going on and just let the squawking continue, until the league confirms it, and no longer respond. Let it go.

If official word comes out that Wahama is leaving the league at their own volition, well, then you guys can tee off on Henery Hawk and let him have it. Until then, I'd ignore this crap if I were you.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

It's a done deal. If not why hasn't an AD, Principal, or Super dispelled it as a rumor. This is one of the reasons I have been against expansion---The bigger you get the more you travel and the more teams you take in along the geographical edges. This means more long rides and the cost and aggravation that goes with it.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

"It's a done deal". You speak with such certainty and conviction. Are you an AD or part of one of the TVC school's administration? If so, then you dispel this rumor, or confirm it. Now, I've been on here a good while, and I've seen a coach or two come on here to dispel something about themselves, but never an AD, Principal, or Super. Really? Why in the Hell would any one of them give two kicks in the wind about one person from Wahama getting on here and stirring crap and finger pointing at all the other schools? I don't buy it.

May very well come to fruition, but like I said earlier, fruition might just be that Wahama is leaving at their own prerogative, not at the demands of the other TVC schools. Time will tell. I sure as Hell don't take one person's "opinion" (which is what it is, until confirmed by league officials) as gospel. SD out.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I have to agree with Steely Dan. I just don't see Wahama being forced out of the TVC because they have won 2 titles in football in their first 2 years but nothing else in other sports that I'm aware of.

The TVC did violate their own bylaws by voting Wahama into the TVC because all TVC members are required to be OHSAA members. I would imagine that the bylaws will be updated to correct that oversight.

If Wahama leaves the TVC it will be soley based on scheduling concerns. One only has to look at the problems the SEOAL had with scheduling when Point Pleasant, WV was a SEOAL member. The TVC had to get a special exemption from the OHSAA (and the OHSAA said don't ever ask for another one, fix the problem yourselves next time) so a TVC Hocking school could play Wahama in a baseball DH after the Hocking school had played their state tourney game and thus allow the TVC Hocking to crown an outright champ. In Ohio, your season is over when you are knocked out of the state tourney. Scheduling is and will continue to be a headache for the Hocking schools because WV has different starting and ending times to their sports seasons.

My biggest question is, will RV become a member of the TVC in 2014 or not? And if so, which division will they be in, Hocking (as per the original plan) or the Ohio. From what I gather, their Super will not let RV and SG compete against each other and this throws a huge monkey wrench into them going into the Hocking under the current system. Personally, I think their Super is making a HUGE mistake in not letting RV and SG play each other. This would be by far their largest gate in any sport as the local fans will want to see these 2 schools play, regardless of the sport.

So, does RV come into the Hocking thus allowing RV and SG play each other? My guess is no.

If not, then does RV go to the Ohio and thereby forcing another Hocking school to switch from the Hocking to the Ohio so that both divisions have an even number of teams and make scheduling games so much easier? If so, which school? Is it based on enrollment size only or will there be a volunteer? If the enrollment changes after 2 years does the school that moved up then go down if their numbers drop and another Hocking school enrollment increases? A couple of schools have very similar numbers and these schools do flip flop in terms of who is larger but both are still very small in terms of numbers vs Athen's size. My guess is no, a school from the Hocking doesn't move up if RV goes to the Ohio instead of the Hocking.

Will a new, but unknown school, join the Ohio with RV or very shortly thereafter? Nope. With both Warren and Jackson being turned down by at least 25% of the overall TVC membership, I don't see another larger school being admitted to the Ohio (which is the right answer in my opinion and if the TVC had a commissioneer and I was it that would be my recommendation). 8)

Does the TVC split the Hocking into 2 seperate divisions with RV in 1 division and SG in another but never will the 2 play each other? Yes. I think that is where the TVC is head AT THIS TIME. However, this could change as this whole thing (TVC expansion and where to put whom) appears to be very fluid and doesn't appear to want to solidify itself anytime soon.

Just my thoughts guys. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't think an even number of teams in each division matters ... We've had a 6-9 split and it works out fine ... its almost as if the Hocking and Ohio are two completely different leagues - they have no impact what so ever on each other and the teams hardly play each other anymore.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

93Bulldog wrote:I don't think an even number of teams in each division matters ... We've had a 6-9 split and it works out fine ... its almost as if the Hocking and Ohio are two completely different leagues - they have no impact what so ever on each other and the teams hardly play each other anymore.
I disagree. An even number of teams in each division is a BIG scheduling issue. Just ask the ADs from the Hocking on how hard it is to find a late season (from week 4 on), non-conference football game that isn't a long travel and a basically worthless home game gate for either school. Even the Ohio ADs recognize this and they don't want an odd number of teams in the Ohio division. Adding RV to the Ohio sets up the Ohio for an odd number of teams and causes scheduling problems which makes the Ohio ADs cringe. I know I would as an AD, coach or fan.

Also, while the Ohio and Hocking are seperate divisions, they do have a huge impact on each other. If it weren't for a couple of Hocking schools casting no votes along with VC against Warren, Warren would now be a member of the TVC playing in the Ohio as the other Ohio schools had no problem with allowing Warren back into the TVC. The no votes that kept Warren out of the TVC came from the a couple of Hocking schools who would have NEVER played Warren unless they wanted to.

Back when the TVC was formed in 1969 with the 4 charter members (Belpre, Warren, FH and Vinton) 75% of the members (3 of 4) had to agree to pass anything. Even when Trimble was added in 1978, they had to have the approval of 5 out of the then 6 TVC members (Alex, Belpre, NY, FH, Warren and VC) to get in. Maybe the TVC needs to change it bylaws and drop the 75% rule and go to simple majority rules to make any true headway.

The TVC has some internal housekeeping issues to resolve and they really need to get a game plan together concerning membership, expansion and divisional makeup so they can come up with a plan that the majority of schools can support.

Again, just my thoughts guys... :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was looking at your previous comments as saying 'the Ohio and Hocking had to be "even" in terms of 6 and 6 or 7 and 7 or 8 and 8'

They could have just made things simple - if Wahama is in fact to go - then don't add River Valley ... Your left with 6 in the Ohio and 8 in the Hocking. Such an easy solution, IMO.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

93Bulldog wrote:I was looking at your previous comments as saying 'the Ohio and Hocking had to be "even" in terms of 6 and 6 or 7 and 7 or 8 and 8'

They could have just made things simple - if Wahama is in fact to go - then don't add River Valley ... Your left with 6 in the Ohio and 8 in the Hocking. Such an easy solution, IMO.
Ok, now I see your point.

Sadly, the TVC has failed to see and use the big red easy button to find solutions to their problems and I would be surprised to see that change. I would also be surprised to see Wahama go but alot of the things that the TVC has done the past few years has surprised me. I also don't see the TVC not letting RV in.

By the way 93Bulldog, you are doing a first class job on the TVC website. If some of the folks who make the decisions in the TVC had your commitment, the TVC would be thought more highly of, even by some of the fans from TVC members schools who regard the TVC as the WFCIO.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thx Mister B ...

I tell ya, if they ever move to an 'election' format - I'll be sure to throw my hat into the ring for TVC president! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”