Jackson 34 Wellston 13

boilermaker
SE

Jackson 34 Wellston 13

Post by boilermaker »

78 days until the rubber match, Coach Hutchinson's third year. 2010 a dominating performance by his Rockets from start to finish 33-13 Rockets.
2011 jackson wins 35-0 ,but there (in my mind) always be a * by this score because of "transfer" 14-0 at half time and jackson pulled away in the fourth to win with the * performance.
This years game will be a battle I cant speak for the ironmen ,but the Rockets are working hard in the weightroom, and getting ready to go into the summer schedule full go! The Rockets will be ready to go come 8-25-12. Wellston will win this game and have a great season.
Go Rockets! :mrgreen:

Ironmen44
JV Team

Re: Jackson @ Wellston 2012

Post by Ironmen44 »

Good Luck to the Jackson Ironmen !!!!!!

They will be loaded for bear for this one. :122249 :122249 :122249

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jackson by 10 or more...

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Same old same old for these two teams . . . Wellston will underacheive and be 4-6 or 5-5 at best and Jackson will be overrated and win a lot of games in an SEOAL that is as down as I have ever seen it.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Da Bears wrote:Same old same old for these two teams . . . Wellston will underacheive and be 4-6 or 5-5 at best and Jackson will be overrated and win a lot of games in an SEOAL that is as down as I have ever seen it.
Please explain the basis for the statement that the "SEOAL is as down as I have ever seen it."

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
Da Bears wrote:Same old same old for these two teams . . . Wellston will underacheive and be 4-6 or 5-5 at best and Jackson will be overrated and win a lot of games in an SEOAL that is as down as I have ever seen it.
Please explain the basis for the statement that the "SEOAL is as down as I have ever seen it."

Yea, I'd like to hear this!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Having had 27 years of coaching experience in the S.E.O.A.L . Im no longer coaching in that league but remember a lot of past seasons and talent in that league. I think I can say that the league was down last year. I can remember some very tough Jackson, Gallia Academy, Logan and Warren teams all competing in the same year. Several times there were years the league would have multiple teams in the play offs Maybe things will improve but if you look at the records of the league teams last year Logan 1-9 Warren 5-5 Gallia Academy 6-4 Chillicothe 3-7 Portsmouth 3-7 even non league Ironton did not have the typical Ironton season 6-4. So yes it was down.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Guess I don't have to provide much info for my statement . . . someone that has actually coached in the league provided the info needed. However, let's just go back to the 2003 or 2004 seasons . . . Jackson/playoffs, Logan/playoffs, Gallia Academy/playoffs, Athens had a very solid team in 2003. Since the basis of this thread is Jackson/Wellston, in 2004 for example . . . Jackson played 5 teams with winning records (beat 4 of them), 3 or 4 of the 5 were playoff teams (not sure about Waverly and Logan), and went to Cincinnati and defeated the number one ranked team in their region. In 2011 Jackson went 10-0 and didn't even host a playoff game. You tell me how weak that schedule was GalliaGrad78?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

This is about the Wellston - jackson game, not the strength of the SEOAL! :shock:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hope TIME WARNER puts this one on,ondemand again.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Da Bears wrote:Guess I don't have to provide much info for my statement . . . someone that has actually coached in the league provided the info needed. However, let's just go back to the 2003 or 2004 seasons . . . Jackson/playoffs, Logan/playoffs, Gallia Academy/playoffs, Athens had a very solid team in 2003. Since the basis of this thread is Jackson/Wellston, in 2004 for example . . . Jackson played 5 teams with winning records (beat 4 of them), 3 or 4 of the 5 were playoff teams (not sure about Waverly and Logan), and went to Cincinnati and defeated the number one ranked team in their region. In 2011 Jackson went 10-0 and didn't even host a playoff game. You tell me how weak that schedule was GalliaGrad78?
I can't argue with what has happened in the past but;

50% of Jackson's wins came against non-SEOAL teams with a combined record of 20-32.
50% came against SEOAL teams with combined records of 18-32.

I am not sure if that means anything accept that Jackson was unfortunate that their non-league opponents didn't have very good records.

Yes, the SEOAL teams didn't fare well against non-league opponents last year.

Down last year? Yes
This year? Who knows?

I seriously doubt that Jackson will run roughshod over the SEOAL this year.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

This is just an opinion from an old lady who doesn't go by stats, leagues, or records, just an Ironman fan. You never really know if a team or a league, for that matter is down, until after the season is played. Wellston has kicked our butts in the past and could do it again. This is one of my favorite games of the year. The team that will win will be the one best prepared both physically and mentally. I'm hoping for a Jackson win, but won't count my chicks till the eggs are hatched. Hoping for all of southeast Ohio leagues and teams to have a good year, and to be able to represent our part of the state in the playoffs.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Not trying to argue GalliaGrad78 . . . I like the SEOAL. I think it is/was a very good league. However, I feel that the last 3 years or so it has been way down in the quality of teams and players. As for staying on subject . . . sorry Boilermaker . . . battle of 2 not very good teams . . . Jackson by 2-3 touchdowns. I have been at the game the last 3 years. Wellston had a great gameplan in 2010 and completely outcoached and outplayed Jackson. They played to win. Last year it looked like they were playing very conservative and playing not to lose. I am also sure there were some very difficult emotions going on with the Rockets because of the defection. I might even try and make it 4 years in a row to this game. The atmosphere is always great. It makes me miss coaching very much. Good luck to both teams.

2-Gun
Waterboy

Post by 2-Gun »

Boilermaker without that transfer that went to Jackson you would not have won in 2010

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

2-gun,,without that "transfer " Jackson would have been lucky to go .500 last year! :oops:

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

JACKSON>>

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

WELLSTON>> :razz:

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

48 days , The Rockets will be ready!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

boilermaker still crying.......rockets will lose agian... somethings never change....lol

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

:lol:

Return to “Football”