New South Gallia Ahletics Complex

Rebelcat
All Conference

New South Gallia Ahletics Complex

Post by Rebelcat »

http://Www.southgalliarebels.org will link you to the official school website.

Click on photos. Visiting bleachers have not been installed yet but that does look like it will happen prior hosting RV in the Jamboree game.

It looks great!

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: New South Gallia Ahletics Complex

Post by fortdawg »

Looks really nice---Congrats.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

No visiting bleachers for quite some time.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Board has allocated $$$ for visiting bleachers so hopefully it won't be that long

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

RebelCat wrote:Board has allocated $$$ for visiting bleachers so hopefully it won't be that long
at least you have a place to put your visiting bleachers,i heard a contractor donated the black top and labor for the visiting bleachers at SG, well i thought all donations had to be split 50/50 between RV and SG? or does that get waived because the whole school board lives in the 256? Rv always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to money per child allocated. i also heard Sg has air conditioning in their gym?
I think several parents should show up at the next board meeting and ask about the bleachers at RV!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

if south gallia has air in their gym they sure dont use it cause its very hot in there :lol:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

No air in the gym.

Contractor did it on his own because they took ownership of the project since they are a part of the community! That community is what make South Gallia what it is. Without that community there would not even be a South Gallia! The men that worked on the project look at the field and stadium as theirs because it is a part of their community!

Just another example of the community pulling together for the kids just like the community pep rally at the firehouse the Thursday night before the football playoff game last season!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

mtswngrvsg wrote:No air in the gym.

Contractor did it on his own because they took ownership of the project since they are a part of the community! That community is what make South Gallia what it is. Without that community there would not even be a South Gallia! The men that worked on the project look at the field and stadium as theirs because it is a part of their community!

Just another example of the community pulling together for the kids just like the community pep rally at the firehouse the Thursday night before the football playoff game last season!
no matter where it comes from it is still a donation! everyone lives in gallia county and pays the same taxes both schools are part of gallia county local schools,SG is not it's own district! i know people from rv in the past have tried to donate items or work the board told them no donations unless they had the same for both schools!! is it a double standard because the board has predominantly sg members? is this fair?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

There have been attempts to donate also to SG that were turned down because they would not give the same for the north too.

Yea the contractor did it on his own! The board members or the administration did not have anything in this!

Honestly I do not see why they did not prepare the visitors side at RV for bleachers in the future because now things will have to be torn down and re-done when they do put bleachers in there some day. You could actually take portable bleachers like what is at the majority of baseball and soft ball fields in Gallia County and put there doing football and then move them out.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

I do know the board meets tonight,they have been given quotes on new bleachers. Whether they go forward with this is a mystery,but i can tell you there are not enough seats in the new home side bleachers as they are. The Meigs game will be standing room only as will many others. One thing about River Valley even though they have been losers in football they still bring pretty good crowds at least until the weather is bad. Why would you create an atmosphere where you have fans from 2 opposing teams sitting side by side?
I have never in my life seen a less efficient school board and Supt. This is one reason why we are a laughing stock! The design was there to put up fences and a pad for visitor bleachers,blows my mind why you don't do before material and labor costs go up?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Rvbballdude wrote:I do know the board meets tonight,they have been given quotes on new bleachers. Whether they go forward with this is a mystery,but i can tell you there are not enough seats in the new home side bleachers as they are. The Meigs game will be standing room only as will many others. One thing about River Valley even though they have been losers in football they still bring pretty good crowds at least until the weather is bad. Why would you create an atmosphere where you have fans from 2 opposing teams sitting side by side?
I have never in my life seen a less efficient school board and Supt. This is one reason why we are a laughing stock! The design was there to put up fences and a pad for visitor bleachers,blows my mind why you don't do before material and labor costs go up?
I was told that the concrete pad has already been put in place and the new visiting bleachers will start going in on Friday. Apparently it's over 300 seats and will be in prior to jamboree game. I am so happy Crown Escavating was SG's contractor. They went above and beyond in everything. They donated the walkway and space for the visiting seats just because that's who they are. The love our community and their efforts back that up. Unfortunately they were notbthe contractor on RV's job or I am sure they would have done same thing. Inam actually surprised Trimat did not do it since they are local. Looking forward to jamboree game at new field. I have a feeling RV will get it's first win this year.

bballfool
Freshman Team

Post by bballfool »

When is the jamboree game ?

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

I haven't seen RV's facility just yet, but I have been to the SG site twice already. And honestly, wow.

For a D-6, unless you are a parochial, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything better. It is in no way fancy or elaborate, just a basic working package. It also includes things that the Rebels have never been afforded in the school's history - not even at the old school or the NEW school.

I also hear that RV got basically the same package, only slightly bigger due to the size of the school. If that's the case, things will be okay.

I think the big picture here - for both schools - is that everything is set up for the future, and that future begins now. Rome wasn't built in a day, and these facilities can be improved on as needed down the road. They are gonna be around for a while.

It may not be perfect, yet, but isn't it better?

I will have a feature story this weekend about SG's new place and RV's new place will come out next weekend.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Been reading the thread and would just like to comment on a few things. I visited the SG website to view the stadium and would like to compliment the person in charge of this website... More schools should follow suit, whomever did this did one fine job... Maybe the county should look into the donations policy and make some changes. Why should an individual who say lives in the SG school district and graduated from the school not be allowed to make a donation specifically to a project at that school? And people that live in the RV district could do the same.... If a business such as AEP would donate, I could see the justification of splitting the money.. And with all the trouble a certain construction company has been in why would anyone hire said company to build your football stadium??? Bottom line is both schools should be proud of what they have and quit all the bickering over minor details.. At least you have new stadiums, look at the city schools football field and be thankful for what you have... One more question, both schools have athletic boosters clubs, say a person wants to donate money to say SG boosters club, does the money have to be shared with RV????

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Visiting bleachers are going up. The group installing the seating will then move to River Valley to do the same there. The people of Gallia County should be proud of both stadiums.

Go Rebels and Go Raiders-except on August 18 at 7:30 PM!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Visiting bleachers are going up. The group installing the seating will then move to River Valley to do the same there. The people of Gallia County should be proud of both stadiums.

Go Rebels and Go Raiders-except on August 18 at 7:30 PM!

So RV is getting vistor bleachers THIS season mtswngrvsg??

By the way...Thank you for always being so dedicated to Gallia County Local schools. I always enjoy hearing from you!

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Yes, I talked with the crew today. Was down at SG and saw where they had been working and were on break because of the heat. I asked if they were headed to RV next and they said yes.

Thank you for the comment, it is good to hear something positive. Just remember as Woody Hayes said, "We can not pay back but we can always pay forward!" The two new stadiums is an example of a community doing that!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Yes, I talked with the crew today. Was down at SG and saw where they had been working and were on break because of the heat. I asked if they were headed to RV next and they said yes.

Thank you for the comment, it is good to hear something positive. Just remember as Woody Hayes said, "We can not pay back but we can always pay forward!" The two new stadiums is an example of a community doing that!

You are welcome! I love that Woody quote! By the way, my dad is an old Southwestern guy, so it must be something about those Southwestern-ers! :)

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

I don't have exacts, and I may be completely wrong, but I'll try to answer your question superblue.

The County school board, I believe, wanted to set up an even-working format that would benefit both schools, so they set up one big pot for both and put all donations in it.

I think they tried to avoid specific donations, because RV would have an obvious advantage both in size and citizenship. It would have been much harder for SG to get this project done with less people to work with. Again, one school is a D-4 and the other is a D-6.

So, in trying to split things as close to even as possible, they basically made sure that whatever one school received - the other got the same. And it was - in all likelihood - the only way that both schools would get what they needed.

There may be some slight variations between the facilities - I know RV has more seating - but the basic package laid out at each place is very similar.

I would guess booster clubs are different. This even-split was meant for the stadium projects, and now they are completed.

I'm handling the facility aspects in story, but I can tell you that there will be a financial look at all three new places (RV, SG and Meigs) in the area right around the start of the season. Somebody else will be handling that story, because that is more of a news story - not sports.

But, and I must admit as a Jackson grad, I'm awfully glad to see that all three communities went and built what they needed - not what they wanted. I think it's fantastic that the track kids were not forgotten in this process.

RV and Meigs had old 6-lane asphalt tracks, similar to what Jackson still uses - because they didn't add an updated track to their new facility. SG, which has never had a track of any kind, can now say that - at least in the spring - we have better working facilities than some of the big boys in the area.

I hope this helps. More importantly, I hope most of what I've said is accurate.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

mtswngrvsg wrote:No air in the gym.

the place looks great ole buddy. you are to be commended highly.

Return to “Football”