SEOPS HO

(0-1) Portsmouth @ (0-1) West

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Who gets there first win of the season?

SPAMONY
Varsity

Re: Week 2 Portsmouth At WEST

Post by SPAMONY »

Can't imagine this weeks practice will be fun on west side after getting thumped by Fairland. I see a lot of anger taken out on ptown this week. All west can do is run and ptown can't stop it. Makes for some bad MOJO!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I agree that this is a bad match-up for Portsmouth. They can't defend the inside run, and trust me West will exploit that. However, I don't think that is the best match-up for West either. Portsmouth has a lot of speed at skill, which is West biggest weakness. If Portsmouth can some of that in space, then West will give up points. I don't see Portsmouth's offensive line and inexperience at quarterback giving them enough time get the ball to their playmakers.

If it becomes a shootout, the game favors Portsmouth. West's offense has looked stagnant at best through the Scrimmages and Week 1. If West can hold on to the football, then West wins by a few scores. I look to see Austin Bricker have a big game. Portsmouth has struggled recently on containing a running quarterback.

Prediction:
West 27
Portsmouth 18

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

sider wrote:I agree that this is a bad match-up for Portsmouth. They can't defend the inside run, and trust me West will exploit that. However, I don't think that is the best match-up for West either. Portsmouth has a lot of speed at skill, which is West biggest weakness. If Portsmouth can some of that in space, then West will give up points. I don't see Portsmouth's offensive line and inexperience at quarterback giving them enough time get the ball to their playmakers.

If it becomes a shootout, the game favors Portsmouth. West's offense has looked stagnant at best through the Scrimmages and Week 1. If West can hold on to the football, then West wins by a few scores. I look to see Austin Bricker have a big game. Portsmouth has struggled recently on containing a running quarterback.

Prediction:
West 27
Portsmouth 18
Watching the game last night. Portsmouths QB didnt really look all that inexperienced. He threw a good ball all night (most of the time on the run) and he has a quick release. Last night night he didnt hold on to the ball long enough to get sacked. I think if West keeps Ptown from getting passing game going and limit penalties and mistakes, this game will get out of hand fast. Last night against Valley it should have got out of hand but Valley shot their self in the foot everytime they had the chance to put Portsmouth away.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: (0-1) Portsmouth @ (0-1) West

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Stop the name calling and Bashing. This is the final warning.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Portsmouth can win, but we have to get the ball to the playmakers, have to take care of the ball and at the same time we have to be able to get stops!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I think this is an interesting contest. As has already been stated, West is going to run the ball all night and Portsmouth had a very tough time stopping the run in their opener. But, with Portsmouth's ability to move the ball with their playmakers, I think this game is going to say a lot about wether or not the opener for West was a hiccup or not. I'm still in a little disbelief that the Senators lost to Fairland, as I had them pegged as the front-runner in the SOC 2 going into the start of the season, and I wasn't impressed with what little I had read about the Dragons via the Ironton Tribune's football preview. At this point, I doubt much could happen in this contest that would surprise me after the way the first week of the season went.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Trojans get this one IMO

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

West if they want to.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

If West defends the pass, this get ugly quick. If West cant stop the pass, this will most likely be a shootout and very exciting to watch.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

I believe that in order for west to win they will need to improve on the outside containment of the defensive tackles, ends, and blitzing linebackers. Bricker could hardly even roll out because of the outside rushers. If west plays as a team and plays their game then I don't see this one being close. However, I did watch Portsmouth play last week and they have a lot of speed. I'm sure this is going to be a great game and hope for an injury free game!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

nutronron2012 wrote:If West defends the pass, this get ugly quick. If West cant stop the pass, this will most likely be a shootout and very exciting to watch.
heck that's what i thought last week!!! fairland should be one of the worst teams in the area!! and they THUMPED west

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

West will redeem their season with a narrow win over the Trojans.

bcoach90
Waterboy

Post by bcoach90 »

Over the last 4 years I believe that PHS record is 13-25 while West is 35-10 (going from memory, sorry if wrong). With that being said I, don't think that PHS could be realistically picked to win this game. West wins 35-14.
Last edited by bcoach90 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

IM taking portsmouth

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

This game is pretty unpredictable IMO....

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I will take an angry West team.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

UPNYA4 wrote:If losing to a team that I don't think they have ever lost to doesn't fire them up and make them mad....I don't think anything
Can...? Not to mention it's P-town week!
We have lost to Fairland a few times but that is water under the bridge. I sure would think they would be fired up no matter who they were playing, but that was not the case last week.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

UPNYA4 wrote:I think the last time West lost to Fairland was 15 yrs ago, but like you said must move on...Really hoping for a "Balanced" attack from West this week and the rest of the season, if not it's going to really hard for me to watch.
The loss last week was West's 4th loss to Fairland since the series began in 1981, from what I've been able to find.

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

UPNYA4 wrote:I think the last time West lost to Fairland was 15 yrs ago, but like you said must move on...Really hoping for a "Balanced" attack from West this week and the rest of the season, if not it's going to really hard for me to watch.
Then don't watch, last time I checked your attendance at the games is not required :122245

Return to “Football”