Time for the annual poll...

Heavy D
All Conference

Time for the annual poll...

Post by Heavy D »

Well I suppose it is time for the annual poll on what you would rather hear on a high school football post game talk show. Would you rather hear about a great sponge cake recipe and who makes a mean pot of chili, or hear about football games and get score updates when they are available? Should the host ramble on, and on, and on, and on about how great he thought he was when he stood on the bench and waved a towel over his head to cheer the real players on 20 years ago, or stick to players and teams who are playing this season? Let's hear it guys... :mrgreen:

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: Time for the annual poll...

Post by Heavy D »

Must not be much interest in the football post game show? :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

For talking bad about the show - you sure seem to know a lot about it ... If you don't like it, don't listen.

A radio call in show is only as good as its callers ... dial up the number, offer some insightful information and talk football ... if more people did that, the show would be better, IMO.

The host does a fine job - he's doing the best he can - he just needs more 'football savy' people calling in and less 'cheerleaders'.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It would also help if all who called in could pronounce words with the letter "R". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

93Bulldog wrote:For talking bad about the show - you sure seem to know a lot about it ... If you don't like it, don't listen.

A radio call in show is only as good as its callers ... dial up the number, offer some insightful information and talk football ... if more people did that, the show would be better, IMO.

The host does a fine job - he's doing the best he can - he just needs more 'football savy' people calling in and less 'cheerleaders'.
I simply offered possible scenarios for the show, and asked which ones people prefer. If you think any of the things I said are me "talking bad about the show" then I assume that first, you think those things are "bad," and second you think those thinks happen on the show.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Heavy D wrote:Should the host ramble on, and on, and on, and on about how great he thought he was when he stood on the bench and waved a towel over his head to cheer the real players on 20 years ago, or stick to players and teams who are playing this season? Let's hear it guys... :mrgreen:
Maybe I'm just an idiot and took it the wrong way.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

93Bulldog wrote:
Heavy D wrote:Should the host ramble on, and on, and on, and on about how great he thought he was when he stood on the bench and waved a towel over his head to cheer the real players on 20 years ago, or stick to players and teams who are playing this season? Let's hear it guys... :mrgreen:
Maybe I'm just an idiot and took it the wrong way.
I take you are voting for this type of format? So then should we bring back the Guru? :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I loved the Guru!

lol

But I also like Rusty ... the show will be fine - it just needs tweaked a little ... and again, its only going to be as good as its callers.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Stop with the food and talk the entire area from Lancaster to Zanesville along the Ohio River and to Chillicothe, To much TVC and Glouster and Butchel!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I think rusty does a pretty good job , but like Bulldog said
It's only a good a it's callers . If more people from the surrounding areas would call in
Then I think there would be more discussion about those teams.
He is going to talk about local teams because that's where he is from
And that's what he hears the most of Athens , NY , Alex and the rest of the TVC teams

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

Personally, I like all the recipes. Being from racine, we don't have much in the way of football news to share anyway. I would just as well have an idea for cole slaw as to hear how we got beat by waterford again or how we just barely beat hanna. By the way, can anyone tell me how to make jello salad?

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

The last two years have left little for Trimble fans to discuss once the first two games were over. However, I forecast the Tomcats to be 10-0. I certainly dont see how our boys can beat them three times in a row. I am guessing the show will be quite a bit more exciting.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Heavy D instead of bitching about the show you should be glad you have it. It could be like your football preview and not be there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LHS 72 wrote:Stop with the food and talk the entire area from Lancaster to Zanesville along the Ohio River and to Chillicothe, To much TVC and Glouster and Butchel!
But most of the listeners are in Athens county....

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Orange and Brown wrote:
LHS 72 wrote:Stop with the food and talk the entire area from Lancaster to Zanesville along the Ohio River and to Chillicothe, To much TVC and Glouster and Butchel!
Please clear this up, to my understanding the radio station covers all of Southeast Ohio. Or am I wrong?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It probably covers how far the radio waves (107.7) reach ... but they do give out scores from all over southeastern Ohio - and I have heard Logan callers call in a few times ... if they called in every week - I'm sure Logan would be discussed more.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

cg 22 wrote:Heavy D instead of bitching about the show you should be glad you have it. It could be like your football preview and not be there.
Again, if you see my generic statements as "bitching about the show" that tells me that you think what I wrote has been happening on the show. So in essence you are the one "bitching about the show" the way I see it. :mrgreen: Thank you for your input, but to clarify which part are you bitching about? Just so we can get an idea what direction the show should head in.

As an aside, I have the ear of one local post game show host, so what you folks suggest and how you vote will be relayed to him. :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

moonshine wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Please clear this up, to my understanding the radio station covers all of Southeast Ohio. Or am I wrong?
You are correct, but that doesn't mean people are listening..........
Most of the listeners and 90% of the callers are from Athens county. If some of those listeners from outside Athens county would call in and have a real conversation about Football then more people from outside Athens County would listen.

when people from outside the county call in and complain that Rusty doesn't talk about there team he replies with "well lets talk about your team, tell me about them ect............."
Then the caller says 'There good" and that's it.They hang up and they are still mad that there team isn't getting any love when in fact they had a great chance to talk about there team and the kids on it.

Like I always say,If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

^^^ Let's face it O&B some people tune in and listen just so they can complain about the show. You, 93 and myself are on here trying to get some insight about what people want to hear, and yet they continue to complain without any input. Come people you are better than that aren't you? :mrgreen:

Broad Street
Riding the Bench

Post by Broad Street »

It should also be noted that many of the non-football items on the show are used as a fund-raising platform. The sultan has helped to raise alot of money for scholarships, stadium renovations, weight room renovations, christmas toys for needy kids, etc.

Return to “Football”