(0-1) Wheelersburg @ (1-0) Coal Grove

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fuzzhead
SEOP

(0-1) Wheelersburg @ (1-0) Coal Grove

Post by fuzzhead »

Wheelersburg lost a tough one at home against Ironton, who they outplayed for a good bit of the game. Coal Grove once again opened up the season with a win over Meigs. Coal Grove will have to defend the pass, a term that has been known to make Coal Grove fans cringe for years, as well as probably pass quite a bit of their own on offense. This was a huge rivalry game for years and very competitive for the most part. Thoughts? Opinions? Trash talk? Banter?

nice guy
Varsity

Re: Week 2: Wheelersburg (0-1) @ Coal Grove (1-0)

Post by nice guy »

This used to be a great game back in the 70's and 80's.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I say Burg wins by 2 scores.

Could be a one sided affair if Burg doesnt get in a hole early. CG will have issues stopping the Burg passing attack but if they keep Miller at bay it could be a close game.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

If Burg plays like they did this past Friday, I'll take them

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Grove can be in this game and even win this game if they play smarter ball than they did against Meigs. We need to open the offense up, I know that Steele has been lost for the year that doesn't mean you abandon what you have worked on for your offense this year. If the Grove throws the ball more and keeps the Burgs D honest then I feel we can keep it close til the fourth and then what happens happens.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Im gonna say if Coal Grove wins some of the Burg fans will find a way to complain.lol

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Wheelersburg leads the all-time series, 15-11-2 and have won the last 6 meetings.
Average score: Wheelersburg 18, Coal Grove 14...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

21-12 Burg

Bender22
Waterboy

Post by Bender22 »

Im glad to see this series return, should be a great game.
The Grove always has a chance to win with Bare at the helm. I really think he will have his breakout game, if given the opportunities.
If CG opens it up I see this game being a close one that could go either way.
Have to go with my boys though CG 22 Burg 21

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I think this one gets ugly pretty quick. Would like to see Burg press the tempo even harder this week. Teams will struggle to defend Burg all year IMO.

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Re: (0-1) Wheelersburg @ (1-0) Coal Grove

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

A lot of people are saying "if CG opens up their offense we might have a chance" Well i think the opposite... if Wheelersburg doesnt get the ball they cany score.... BALL CONTROL is what CG needs to happen... :12222

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

anyone that shuts burgs qb down can beat the burg this year. he's about 90% of their offence . don't contain him, and they can beat anybody they play this year. take away the run back and fumble friday and i thought for the most part they out played ironton. i'm realy thankful for those two plays, keeps us winning.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Burg's offense is fun to watch. They also showed a lot of heart after trailing by two scores in the blink of an eye Friday night to a team that had a huge size advantage and an ability to pound the ball play after play. It would have been very easy for a lot of teams to hang their head after giving up multiple big plays (even after the two 1st quarter plays, there was the long TD pass on the blown coverage), yet the Pirates defense kept battling and the offense kept moving the ball. I think the Pirates will win this game by multiple scores, but, if the Hornets can get a lead early then match the Pirates intensity, they could garner a win that would definitely help their playoff chances down the road.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg bounces back with a W

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Burg easy

buckeyenation8
Waterboy

Post by buckeyenation8 »

Upset special of the week.

Coal Grove 14
Wheelersburg 12

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

bilco2 wrote:anyone that shuts burgs qb down can beat the burg this year. he's about 90% of their offence . don't contain him, and they can beat anybody they play this year. take away the run back and fumble friday and i thought for the most part they out played ironton. i'm realy thankful for those two plays, keeps us winning.
WOW....That sounds like the same recipe for last year and Alex Shears. He was almost all of their Offense last year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I GOTTA A FUNNY FEELIN THIS IS GONNA BE A WAR. AND A VERY CLOSE GAME. GLAD TO SEE THIS SERIES BACK UP N RUNNING.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

nutronron2012 wrote:
bilco2 wrote:anyone that shuts burgs qb down can beat the burg this year. he's about 90% of their offence . don't contain him, and they can beat anybody they play this year. take away the run back and fumble friday and i thought for the most part they out played ironton. i'm realy thankful for those two plays, keeps us winning.
WOW....That sounds like the same recipe for last year and Alex Shears. He was almost all of their Offense last year.
Its the same offense they have been relying on for the past few years. The QB is the key element. Stop the QB and you win. Easier said than done, unfortunately.

Last year Valley and West both did just that and won. But I think Miller throws the ball way better than Shears did. I dont see Coal Grove stopping a very balanced Burg offense.

Unless CG can get some crazy passing yards, I dont see them having much success running the ball either. I heard that Ironton's running game was non-existent for much of the Burg game. And I wouldnt even start to compare Ironton and Coal Grove being equal with their running game.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Im definately going with Da Burg! Go Pirates!!!! when i watched the Pirates play friday night, im thinking were going to have a 9-1 season! Im sure CG will play one heck of a game and this could be a challenging game to win???

Return to “Football”