SEOPS Mr. Ohio

River (2-0) @ Monroe Central (1-1) Week 3

Post by EasternDspy »

Is this the league title game?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: River (2-0) @ Monroe Central (1-1) Week 3

Post by Steely Dan »

I'd have to say, yes, it is. And being played in Monroe Memorial Park, I like the Noles, especially after the arse whuppin' they experienced tonight. I'm guessing there is gonna be a whole lot of pissed off seniors for MC come Friday, after tonight's poor showing. Just my guess.........

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River is the better team but can they get over the MC HUMP

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, I guess we will know next week. I'm sure that the coaches will have the Noles ready, the boys need to get themselves ready for this one.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I'm tryin' to remember what the overall series is between the two schools but it's pretty lopsided I'm sure in MC's favor. Something like 10-2 in Seminoles' favor? I know MC and River didn't play the first couple years after Skyvue-Woodsfield consolidation. anyone know for sure what series is?

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Coach Flannery is 3-6 vs. Monroe.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River held Monroe to one of thier lowest point totals of the season last year, they let one player beat them. And he did that to alot of teams, including Shadyside. Having only scored two offensive TDs in the first two games of the year, Monroe better find some identity or they may be in trouble. River has only had one TD scored on the first team D so far, and that was on a short field after a long kick return given up by mostly subs. Home field will be Monroes biggest advantage but I think River will be ready for some revenge in this one.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

The real season begins this week. 2012 will be defined by what happens in the next four games (monroe, Magnolia, Caldwell, Rosecrans).

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

Definately dont want to come out of that 3-3.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

River moves to #2 in region 23 according to Joe Eitel. Could use another Div5 win this week. Monroes only challenge after this week is Magnolia.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Giving Monroe way more credit then they have earned.Sure they beat Waterloo but Shadyside smacked them.Think the offense is struggling and the loss of Nixon hurts more then people think. River 28 MC 14....

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

Is George's Pizza open on Fridays? Last time we were out there for a game it was not. Typically closed during games?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

EasternDspy wrote:Giving Monroe way more credit then they have earned.Sure they beat Waterloo but Shadyside smacked them.Think the offense is struggling and the loss of Nixon hurts more then people think. River 28 MC 14....
Sorry, if the offense continues to struggle FF may give them a game also. Monroe typically improves alot as the season progresses. This week is a HUGE game for both teams.

GhostOfHomer
Freshman Team

Post by GhostOfHomer »

monroe struggle with FF? Getting a little carried away now.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

GhostOfHomer wrote:monroe struggle with FF? Getting a little carried away now.
Had to give EasternD a little stroke there!!

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Should be the PVC's game of the year. MC probably puts DB Levi Brown covering wr Kam Brown of River, but can MC stop the Pilot 1-2 punch of Asturi and Sapp?
QB Lafferre has to make things happen and IF he does I see MC pulling this one out in its home opener. But that's a big IF. Shadyside looked like world beaters vs the Seminoles.
If QB Caldwell is on target with his passes like he's been first 2 games I think he leads River to 3-0 start. Only test on either team's schedule the rest of the way is Magnolia.

One final thought - remember the name Colton Wright.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

surfsider wrote:If QB Caldwell is on target with his passes like he's been first 2 games I think he leads River to 3-0 start.

9 of 20 in week 1...a better 9 of 16 in week 2. I'm not sure I'd call 50% completions for the season being on target.
Those completions have resulted in good yardage and some TD's so that might be all they need with the soild running game they have.

Good Luck to both teams (a little more to MC if thats what it takes..lol)and have a safe game.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

GhostOfHomer wrote:Is George's Pizza open on Fridays? Last time we were out there for a game it was not. Typically closed during games?

Usually open before games but not after...they sell out.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

The more I think of this game the more I feel special teams will be the difference. Flannery has won only once as a head coach at Woodsfield so he'll want to play it close to the vest, as will Circosta, waiting to pounce on the other team's mistakes. River has to feel it has the talent edge with MC's Curtis Nixon out for the season and the leg of Colton Wright will play a huge part in this one. Just a hunch, River 17-14.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Last I heard it was MC 36 River 20 late

Return to “Football”