Week Five: Oak Hill (4-0) at Minford (4-0)

mglight88
SE

Week Five: Oak Hill (4-0) at Minford (4-0)

Post by mglight88 »

I see the Falcons ground out this one and give Oak Hill their first loss of the season.
Other thoughts?

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: Week Five: Oak Hill (4-0) at Minford (4-0)

Post by ACCBiggz »

Oak Hill has nothing for Minford. Falcons by more than one score.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill is obviously a good team to be undefeated going into week 5.

The key will be can Oak Hill stop Minford's offense? If they try to take one thing away will Minford capitalize on their other weapons?

Minford needs to eliminate some silly penalties and mistakes. I think Minford wins the war in the trenches and wins the game. The Falcons havent forgotten about the sting of the playoff game 2 years ago against the Oaks.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This will be 1 of 2 Oak Hill loses. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

If the Oaks load the box to take away the run, it will be a good opportunity for the Falcons to try and get the ball to Berry, Farrar (sp?) & company in space on the perimeter and make some things happen early, forcing the Oaks to spread out just enough for the rest of that stable of backs (and Stapleton) to go to work. I think the Oaks are capable of putting a score (maybe two) on the board, but I just don't think they have enough weapons to win in a shoot-out, and I just don't see the Oak Hill D getting enough stops to keep it close.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Minford big..

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I think the falcons are way too strong for the Oaks. The Cream will rise to the top in this one. I'll take Minford by 14

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Having seen both Oak Hill and Minford, if Oak Hill plays with the discipline they played with against Wellston, I will pick Oak Hill. Minford has an explosive offense and so does Oak Hill, but the Oaks have the edge on defense. It will be a good game to watch.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Rocket Proud wrote:Having seen both Oak Hill and Minford, if Oak Hill plays with the discipline they played with against Wellston, I will pick Oak Hill. Minford has an explosive offense and so does Oak Hill, but the Oaks have the edge on defense. It will be a good game to watch.

Its alot easier to stay disciplined on defense against Wellston's offense than Minford's Wing T. When Minford played Wellston, they looked sluggish on offense and their defense struggled at times. Minford really only ran 2 backs against Wellston. Now they are consistently running 4. Minford has also made a few adjustments on defense which has really solidified their defensive unit.

Not taking away from Oak Hill's defense, but they always struggle defending the Wing T, especially when so many kids can get fed the ball with the misdirection going on in the backfield. If certain kids at Oak Hill dont stay at home and fight off blocks it will be a long night for the Oak's defense.

Oak Hill will prepare to take one or two things away from Minford's wing t. I think the other 2-3 things will haunt the Oaks.

Not seeing the Oaks yet this year, what kind of speed and physicality do they play with?

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Playing both team I will take the home team here .

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Minford IMO

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

I'm taking Oak Hill 26-14. Let's go black, keep playing with that chip on your shoulder.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Bleeding Red. I am sure Minford is better than when I saw them. I am guessing on the games I have seen, Minford has more speed and Oaks are more physical.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THIS SHOULD BE A DANDY GAME, BUT AS FAR AS POINTS GO -----------GO OAKS.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will be rooting on the Hill but predict Minford 27-13.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Keep counting Oak Hill out. It's extremely enjoyable to see people counting their losses already. Some of you should play the lottery. Oak Hill's Defense giving up 27, or losing by two scores? Highly doubtful. If this game ends 10-7 or 7-0, it wouldn't come as no surprise to me.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford will be ready. I assure you that nobody at Minford will take the Oaks lightly. This team is looking at one game at a time.

What offense and defense are the Oaks running this year? I havent got to see them play this year and I really havent read much on here about how they play or what they do.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Minford by 2 scores...The constant pounding from their line and backs will wear the Oaks down.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Last season was Minford (4-6) defeating Oak Hill (2-8) 41-12 at Oak Hill.
Both teams have improved over the course of the year, but I still think the Falcons O'line will wear down the Oaks D and pick up the win in the second half. Should be a good crowd on hand in Minford for Pee Wee Night.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Come on Jesco White, Nutronron and Bleeding Red quit telling scary stories and frightening the children its not even Halloween yet. Heres what it comes down to Oaks, are you going to buy into this stuff or are you going to get p***** at the lack of respect and how they are already saying they are going to walk all over you. Play smart football read your keys, swarm and put helmets on them. Have a great week of practice and be focused. Your Fan Up North

Return to “Football”