Wellston 1-2 @ Oak Hill 3-0

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Wellston 1-2 @ Oak Hill 3-0

Post by swamprat »

It looks like the Oak will go 4-0 . Wellston will play us tough but in the end it will be all Oaks . Looking like the Oaks will be hard to beat this year!Good luck and a safe game .
Go jackson county ,except jackson!

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: Wellston 1-2 @ Oak Hill 3-0

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I wouldn't count Wellston out just yet. Both Minford and Jackson, the teams they lost to, are very solid football clubs. I believe Oak Hill will win the game, but I'm not saying it will be "all Oak Hill."

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Should be a close game. Even though Oak Hill is 3-0, they haven't played anyone decent. While Wellston has looked bad at times they've at least played quality teams. Oak Hill should have a slight advantage being that it's a home game for them, but it'll actually be a close contest. Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes wins this one.

BeastInTheSouthEast
Waterboy

Post by BeastInTheSouthEast »

Saying Oak Hill by 10

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Wellston will win..better than Alexander. Which the oaks struggled with..

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

I think the Rockets will win in a close game.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If Oak Hill plays as sloppily as they did against Rock Hill, Wellston will win. The Oaks have the talent to go 8-2 this year but have to get sharper.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Fuzzhead your from Coal Grove right? When is the last time you saw Wellston play? Rock Hill did not score until under 2 minutes to go against Oak Hill when they had their second team in. Here is what I like about all this, at the beginning of the year no one would give Oak Hill a dogs chance in **** and now they have not played anyone decent and they play sloppy they are not the caliber of Minford or whoever. Hey last year Minford was not even Minford they went 4-6. Oaks play like you have been playing keep playing hard and putting the helmet on people. Dont let anyone convince you the Big Bad Boogie Man is out there and you will do fine. From your fan up north.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Looking for a close game here, I give the edge to Oak Hill though.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Charles Farquar wrote:Fuzzhead your from Coal Grove right? When is the last time you saw Wellston play? Rock Hill did not score until under 2 minutes to go against Oak Hill when they had their second team in. Here is what I like about all this, at the beginning of the year no one would give Oak Hill a dogs chance in **** and now they have not played anyone decent and they play sloppy they are not the caliber of Minford or whoever. Hey last year Minford was not even Minford they went 4-6. Oaks play like you have been playing keep playing hard and putting the helmet on people. Dont let anyone convince you the Big Bad Boogie Man is out there and you will do fine. From your fan up north.
Charles, you're from "up north". I wonder, have you even watched Oak Hill this year? Yes, Oak Hill beat Rock Hill convincingly. Rock Hill is a bad team - one of the worst teams Oak Hill will play this year. Just because Oak Hill won by multiple scores doesn't mean it was all champaign and caviar. The Oaks had several miscues early on and took advantage of Rock Hill's young mistakes. Oak Hill won't always be lucky enough to convert 4th and 17 for a touchdown pass against better teams, or be able to fumble while running down the sidelines after zero contact and have the ball conveniently bounce back to the RB, who takes it in for a TD. Against better teams and in closer games, fumbling the ball away at the opponent's 2 yard line might be the difference between a win and a loss.
Yes, Oak Hill is talented. No, they are not good enough to compete with the tops in the SOCII and they will get spanked by Ironton. They can, however, go 8-2 with losses to Minford and Ironton, win the SOCI, and maybe even sneak into the playoffs if the things outside of their control go their way. You can accept that and enjoy the turnaround the Oaks are having, or you can let a couple of losses make you defensive and bitter.
Wellston is usually always decent. They beat South Point by 4 scores and South Point might be 2 or 3 touchdowns better than Rock Hill at this point.
So, I confess that I have not seen Wellston play. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that they are a much more talented team than Rock Hill is and the margin for error will be slimmer.

Good luck to the Oaks the rest of the way.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

swamprat wrote:It looks like the Oak will go 4-0 . Wellston will play us tough but in the end it will be all Oaks . Looking like the Oaks will be hard to beat this year!Good luck and a safe game .
Go jackson county ,except jackson!
I hope you have a better week of being a prognosticator than last week, because quite frankly you sucked!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wellston evens it record at 2 and 2

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

I've seen both teams play this season. Oak Hill defense will be the difference in this game. I'll take the Oaks 21-6.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

This will be a tough game. Wellston will never give up and can score some points. Oak Hill has been impressive on defense.
Oaks have to be the favorite but I think it is a toss up. If Rockets cut down on penalties, turnovers and make good tackles, they will have a good chance to win. It will be a fun game to watch and will go down to the wire. It is going to be within a touchdown either way.

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

Pol-pot I had the Wellston game right The Oaks Game Right the jackson game right (enjoyed this game) the Vikes game right .The only loss was the Poodles game and I didnt realize how bad the Warriors were this year . So put the pipe down and go back to sleep :razz: :lol:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fuzzhead, you seem a little sensitive here. I'm not saying whether either Wellston or Oak Hill win; that's determined on the field by players and coaches, not by us, the "so-called experts." Plus, Charles has probably been around a few games here or there, so make no personal vendetta's or personal attacks, maybe the man actually knows what he's talking about?. I've seen this from Oak Hill year in and year out. It seems as if every time Oak Hill has the slightest success in any sport, someone starts discrediting them for that success, claiming they've played a weak schedule, or they just aren't that good, and yet, they're undefeated. Remember Fuzz, both times Oak Hill has played Coal Grove in recent memory, the combined score was 84-26. So what? Oak Hill may lose to Minford and Ironton, who are two very solid football teams this year. I'm venturing to say and 8-2 season is a heck of a lot better than a 2-8 season, which Oak Hill was last football season.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Jason, no personal attacks here, simply replying to an accusation. This should be a pretty even game and if Oak Hill plays sloppily they could very well lose. That was my only point. Somehow, he seemed to take that as an attack on the Oaks, which it wasn't. Not trying to discredit the Oaks' success, simply stating facts.
Bringing up past successes doesn't do anything for this team. But of course it wasn't meant to. You simply stooped to a childish "Well we beat your team 2 years ago so somehow that makes what you say invalid" argument.
And yes, I said in my post that he should enjoy Oak Hill's turn around, not be bitter over a couple of losses.
Read all of my posts instead of gazing over something you don't like and jumping in with guns blazing.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

I believe this will be a VERY close contest!!! Wellston is very physical, while it sounds as if Oak Hill is very-well-coached, although they have not quite played good enough competiton. But that's why they play the games in football !!

IMO, this game is right now a toss-up.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Fuzzhead, you seem a little sensitive here. I'm not saying whether either Wellston or Oak Hill win; that's determined on the field by players and coaches, not by us, the "so-called experts." Plus, Charles has probably been around a few games here or there, so make no personal vendetta's or personal attacks, maybe the man actually knows what he's talking about?. I've seen this from Oak Hill year in and year out. It seems as if every time Oak Hill has the slightest success in any sport, someone starts discrediting them for that success, claiming they've played a weak schedule, or they just aren't that good, and yet, they're undefeated. Remember Fuzz, both times Oak Hill has played Coal Grove in recent memory, the combined score was 84-26. So what? Oak Hill may lose to Minford and Ironton, who are two very solid football teams this year. I'm venturing to say and 8-2 season is a heck of a lot better than a 2-8 season, which Oak Hill was last football season.
I have to say it looks like Oak Hill has rebounded nicely with the new staff and losing lightning in a bottle a couple years ago. One down year is not terrible considering the success they had in 2009 and 2010.

heisback
Waterboy

Post by heisback »

How is the Mullens boy doing didn't look good Friday night. Is he going to play Friday night ?
He is a good LBer i like watching him play

Return to “Football”