Week 4: Athens (2-1) @ Jackson (2-1)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 4: Athens (2-1) @ Jackson (2-1)

Post by 93Bulldog »

I remember the jjhuddle and Gregory vs Humphreys days - this thread would have been on page 6 by now ...

Must just be the 'calm before the storm' ... :)

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

After all the hype last year. Game did not live up to it ,hope Friday night will be closer match up but so far this year 7th and 8th grades ran away with games. Freshman play tonight and Varsity Friday night if all follow suit this should remind Athens why they went to tvc.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Delusion of Grandeur

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Freshman game tonight. Jackson defeated Athens, 50-20. Ironmen led 44-0 at the half. Jackson's Freshmen have now beaten Wheelersburg 36-0, Nelsonville-York 60-6, and Athens tonight. Very talented group.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

93Bulldog wrote:I remember the jjhuddle and Gregory vs Humphreys days - this thread would have been on page 6 by now ...

Must just be the 'calm before the storm' ... :)
Ah, the glory days. :12223

Still wanna make that dinner wager, bulldog? We can figure out the details later on, but BW3's or something like that sounds good to me. It'll probably have to be around playoff time or maybe during basketball season, I would think.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BW3's it is ... during hoops at the Convo is perfect ... maybe the Ironmen can get back their this year.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Jackson has a nice freshmen team.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

I feel like Jackson can beat any team that's on their schedule. I even felt like they could've beat Granville, however they shot themselves in the foot multiple times. Granted Granville had a solid team, If Jackson could've eliminated the mistakes and made the correct adjustments it'd been a darn close game. Anyhow, the past is the past, I'll give it to Athens they have a young, talented, and gifted team. However I know first hand that Coach Hall will be correcting all of their flaws this week in practice. They have to hold on to the ball, play solid defense (this includes the secondary), and the offensive line HAS to improve. If they fix these things Jackson will be a team to be reckoned with. Last of all, if something bad happens they have to put it aside and not dwell on it, play smart football, play as a team and win this game, end of story..IMO

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

As for the freshman team, they look good. This is what you gain by playing key players on the freshman team 8 quarters a week (JV and Freshmen games). 2 weeks in a row now I heard. The limit per season is 50, hope they keep an eye on this.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I didn't see the JV game this week, but I do know that most of Jackson's best freshmen only played 2 quarters last night.

In the middle school games tonight, Jackson 7th grade beat Wellston 32-0 and the Jackson 8th grade also beat Wellston 46-12.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

JacksonI wrote:I feel like Jackson can beat any team that's on their schedule. I even felt like they could've beat Granville, however they shot themselves in the foot multiple times. Granted Granville had a solid team, If Jackson could've eliminated the mistakes and made the correct adjustments it'd been a darn close game. Anyhow, the past is the past, I'll give it to Athens they have a young, talented, and gifted team. However I know first hand that Coach Hall will be correcting all of their flaws this week in practice. They have to hold on to the ball, play solid defense (this includes the secondary), and the offensive line HAS to improve. If they fix these things Jackson will be a team to be reckoned with. Last of all, if something bad happens they have to put it aside and not dwell on it, play smart football, play as a team and win this game, end of story..IMO

I think this is a good post. Jackson was right there, 14-14 against Granville with 5 minutes to go, but a few costly mistakes ended up being the difference. Jackson certainly played well, but to beat a team as good as Granville, you have to be good for 48 minutes. I know the kids have taken that loss very hard. They're not used to losing, and I think they will use that as motivation tomorrow night. I was proud of the way Jackson fought back against Granville, and really the way they played overall. They just have to be able to avoid the costly turnover, or make plays in crunch time when it's needed most. This team is very young at a lot of key positions, and as the season progresses and experience is gained, I think you'll see a difference. In fact, I think you'll see a difference even this week. I'm sure that Coach Hall, his staff, and the team have worked extremely hard this week to correct their mistakes, while preparing for what is a very good Athens team.

As JacksonI said, no turnovers, and tackling in space will be huge keys against the Bulldogs. Pressuring Burrow will also be very important. He can pick a defense apart if he has time to throw. The O-Line was pretty good last week, especially in the second half, but they can play much better. They're gonna really have to step up tomorrow night and take control of the football game right from the start. Winning the time of possession battle will be important for Jackson, but at the same time, they can't give up big plays or quick scores either.

Overall, I think many of us in Jackson, and especially fans around the area, have really been hard on Jackson this week. They did lose to a very good team, and you can't go 10-0 every year. As Coach Hall said after the game last week, the only goal that isn't still intact for the Ironmen is a perfect season. They still have a chance to go to the playoffs and win an SEOAL title. The road to that first piece of the puzzle starts tomorrow night. This is a HUGE game with regard to the playoffs. So, the Ironmen need to come out focused, realize that they have everything to play for, and get on the Bulldogs right from the opening whistle. Play hard on every down, and may the best team win.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

Granville was a good ball team but one Jackson should of beaten. The Ironman are at a crossroads we should be hard on them and they should be hard on themselves for this is why we put these type teams on the schedule. To beat not just play,jacksons program is on fire 80 kids 9 thru 12 and around 70 in 7th and 8th over 100 in the pee wee so when other programs are dropping off ours is growing nows not the time to say its ok to get beat when you could of won. Our program is loaded with talent and
these kids need to push each other to take this program to the next level and not except anything less than every players best . With the talent in our system if your not working your but off and getting it done someone will out work you and take your place. They should expect to go 10-0 every year and go deep in to the playoffs.

Ironman88
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman88 »

I hope the Ironmen take the field tomorrow night a say we let one get away now Athens and Wheelersburg and the teams in the SEOAL will have to pay for it. GO RED

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ironman24,

I didn't say they shouldn't expect to go 10-0. Obviously, you want to win every game. That said, it's hard to have a perfect season, and when it doesn't happen you have to move on. The staff and kids on the team are certainly hard on themselves. My point is that many people seem to think Jackson isn't very good simply because of one loss to a very good football team. I guess they get a shot at redemption tomorrow night.

Completely agree with your second post. That's definitely the attitude that they need to have moving forward, and I think they will.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I hope this game is talked about for years to come! Good luck to both teams.

GO TVC!!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Game day! My heart says the Bulldogs are talented enough to pull off the upset but my head tells me that their youth and inexperience will be to much to overcome against a talented Ironmen squad. Stay healthy and good luck to both schools.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens 48
Jackson 42

For Ironman02: I'll take a big fat cheeseburger, lettuce, no tomato ... some curly fries ... pickle spear ... I don't drink - so go ahead and order me a large Dr. pepper as well ...

:)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

QUESTION:

IF ANYONE (JACKSON OR ATHENS FANS) TAKES SOME GOOD PHOTOS TONIGHT - I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE OR TWO FOR THE trivalleyconference.com WEB SITE!

You can easilly send them to me at trivalleyconference@yahoo.com

THX!!!!

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

As stated earlier, this game will be on 970 WATH and 97.1 FM. Pregame will start at 7:15 and kickoff at 7:30. To listen online, here is the link: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... teURL=true

Make sure to follow us on twitter @WATHSportsFan for scores and updates from this game and all games in the region.

Immediately following the Power 105 Game of the Week between Meigs and Trimble, tune in for the Rusty Martin and Troy Bolin call-in show for all recaps and coverage from the area. Number to call in is 740-592-1055.

If you missed it, last night the guys previewed this game and other TVC games on the Sports Fan. Here is the podcast: http://thesportsfan.bandcamp.com/track/ ... vc-edition

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens 48
Jackson 42

For Ironman02: I'll take a big fat cheeseburger, lettuce, no tomato ... some curly fries ... pickle spear ... I don't drink - so go ahead and order me a large Dr. pepper as well ...

:)
There is just no way it'll get near 90 points.

Jackson 27
Athens 21

Return to “Football”