Week 4: Athens (2-1) @ Jackson (2-1)

maniac66
All State

Re: Week 4: Athens (2-1) @ Jackson (2-1)

Post by maniac66 »

Jackson controls the tempo they win period. They lose composure they will lose. The clock will be the factor here and if Jackson runs the clock they will win

Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

This is sure to be a great contest. I still can't get used to Athens not being an SEOAL team and quite frankly will never forgive them for leaving. Come on guys; you will always be one of us! haha! Athens is very talented; however Jackson could not have possibly wished for a better live look at the bulldog offense then what they received on this past Saturday night. That loss was a blessing in disguise; our game plan was effective on the offensive side of the ball and our D played well minus a few big plays........what I am saying is that we got better. I believe that the Athens offense is better than the Granville offense; however; I do not believe that the Bulldogs have the same defensive team speed, pursuit and overall quality as the defensive team as we saw against Granville Saturday. What I am saying is I believe that we may be capable of keeping the Athens O on the sideline with an effective smash mouth running game. I am taking nothing away from Athens; I just believe that the Granville game gave us a great look for this game. Good Luck to both teams.......glad to see this game back on the schedule!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Jackson wins a close one IMO should be a good contest

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Should be a slobber knocker. Jackson D vs. Athens O. Team making fewest mistakes will win.Should be "Game of the Week" in southern Ohio.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If Jackson can control the clock then they can slow Athens down. Jackson has a very good running game. Athens can't score 60 points if Jackson dominates Time of Possession. I don't see Athens blowing the Ironmen out in this one.

I say that Athens is the favorite, but I would not be surprised at all if Jackson won this game.

If Jacksons O-line does it's job, this will be a 31-28 game, now as far as who scores 31???????????????????????????????????

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

this could be a good game,jackson it seems is not nearly as good as predicted early. athens is a team that will prob improve all year since they are so young.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Bevo wrote:this could be a good game,jackson it seems is not nearly as good as predicted early. athens is a team that will prob improve all year since they are so young.
Where do you get that? They lose one game and all the sudden they are not as good. Jackson got beat by a very solid team and will be a tough test for everyone else on their schedule. This should be a great game.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

92 leave my name out of this . I dont post on Jackson threads because 02 cries too much then deletes my post :roll:
Good luck..............not really :razz:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Apollo Creed wrote:Athens is very talented; however Jackson could not have possibly wished for a better live look at the bulldog offense then what they received on this past Saturday night. That loss was a blessing in disguise; our game plan was effective on the offensive side of the ball and our D played well minus a few big plays. I just believe that the Granville game gave us a great look for this game.
That works both ways my friend ... as opposed to Athens going into the game blind - and not knowing what defense Jackson would throw at them ... I think they got a pretty good look Saturday night at what the Ironmen like to do in order to stop the spread offense.

That Granville game might help Athens more than it did Jackson actually ... and having it on Saturday, when all our coaches could go and watch, didn't hurt either ... :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

boilermaker wrote:92 leave my name out of this . I dont post on Jackson threads because 02 cries too much then deletes my post :roll:
Good luck..............not really :razz:
Yeah, you never post on Jackson threads do you? I've only deleted your posts when you've broken the rules of the forum. You know, when you single out a player by name and bash him repeatedly.

How about you get your Rockets to win some games for us for a change. We need all the computer points we can get.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tough to win games when two of your best players jump ship to Nelsonville-York ...

Oh yea ...

and when your starting QB moves to Jackson (last year ...)

:mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:Tough to win games when two of your best players jump ship to Nelsonville-York ...

Oh yea ...

Makes one wonder about the state of Wellston Athletics.......

There must be some serious issues with the AD and coaches, They have a lot of kids transfer and Wellston isn't a Mecca for top athletes in the area, so it's not like there are to many horses and not enough stables.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Tough to win games when two of your best players jump ship to Nelsonville-York ...

Oh yea ...

Makes one wonder about the state of Wellston Athletics.......

There must be some serious issues with the AD and coaches, They have a lot of kids transfer and Wellston isn't a Mecca for top athletes in the area, so it's not like there are to many horses and not enough stables.

They still manage to lure a few Vikings over the hill from time to time.

As for the game. This should be a great one. Athens hasn't forgotten about last years loss and a win would put them in a great spot for a playoff run. It'll be interesting to see how Jackson reacts to a loss. That's something they haven't had to do for a long time. I think this game will be full of points easily in the 30s. With Jackson's SEOAL schedule coning up, it'll put them in a tough spot entering with 2 losses. On the other hand, Athens won't get many points from the TVC this year, so it could be a must win for them depending on how their region turns out. Good luck to the bulldogs. Represent your league. Go TVC

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

02 :cry: :cry: 02 :cry: 02 :cry:

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

this is not a typical jackson team.but still well coached i think if athens can stop landrum the can run away with it.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

If Jackson. Has any kind of defense. They win..

Alderson_B-Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Alderson_B-Fan »

This ought to be a great game. Athens looking for revenge for the playoff last year and Jackson clinging to a playoff hope. The bulldogs are gonna score with their potent offense the question is can the Ironmen pound it out and take huge chunks of time off the clock while still capitalizing on each drive. I have no doubt that the loser of this game does not make the playoffs this year so look out southern ohio, you're about to see one heck of a game friday night. :122245
I think you flip a coin but I'll take the Ironmen in a nail biter!!!! GO BIG RED!! :aaaaa26

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

JACKSON FANS ... IF YOU WANNA TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT ATHENS ... STATS, PHOTOS, ETC ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Athens.html

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

I have seen both teams play this year Athens has a high powered O and a lackluster D. Jackson has a high powered D and a good running game. With that said it will be the clash of opposites but I believe if the IRONMEN play soundly as they did against Granville they will sneak out with the win!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

This game is not rocket science!!! Jackson wins, but ONLY IF:
---Def. Backs stay between the WR and the goalline and make the one-on-one tackle. Live for another play, not allowing 40+ yard TD plays.
---ON OFFENSE, keep lines splits down and give a heavy dose of Landrum(35 carries) straight ahead, NO TRAP blocks with slow o-lineman. When we block downhill, yards come in big chunks. McCorkle and Rafferty a few timely carries for big gains when Bulldog defense don't resprect of other runners in our attack. Liked the shallow crossing routes and maybe a few more slants off play-action. Keep working hard IRONMEN, GOOD LUCK THE REST OFF THE WAY!!!

BE THERE CHEERING YOU TO A VICTORY!!!

Return to “Football”