Week 4 Rock Hill at West

Westfan
SEOP

Week 4 Rock Hill at West

Post by Westfan »

Hope to keep seeing improvement and get a win.

Loved the passing and from hearing Triplett on the radio, I think he did also.

They had Chillicothe so off balance that they had no idea what we were doing. Runs out of that double wing went from 1 yard to 10-15.

Maybe even go "wildcat" with Bricker some when we spread them out.

Also after a rough start last week the young defense really stepped up

mglight88
SE

Re: Week 4 Rock Hill at West

Post by mglight88 »

I feel West can be able to put things together this week and get their first win

swamprat
Riding the Bench

Post by swamprat »

This is going to be like shaking a hornets nest from a tree for the Redmen!

proudparentrh
Waterboy

Post by proudparentrh »

Rock Hill need to get away from that spread and play calling from the sidelines from coach Knipp and go back to smash mouth football like in the late 80's and early 90's team's....and bring there QB under center,They use alot of time standing and waiting on call from Knipp and not even in a huddle , I mean it is not a two minute drill the whole game!!! have there center bring the team in and have your QB call the plays in the huddle!!! they have there lead blocker back in Shane Harper and that freshman Chance Blankenship is showing real skill on both sides of the ball, his brother Brandon will hit the holes hard but they need that little extra push from the line. The line they have is big and strong but could work on there quickness a little.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

COUNT THIS AS ANOTHER LOSS FOR THE REDMEN!!!
REDMEN 7
WEST 36
WE NEED CHANGE IN REDMEN COUNTRY!!
SAME PLAYBOOK THAT BEEN USED FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS!!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

ok....finally west gets their first win! yahhhhhh!!!! probably not by much though
west 21
rock hill 19

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

WEST

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

West gets 1st win and some confidence for their young team.

West 45
RH 7

RHparent2
Waterboy

Post by RHparent2 »

proudparentrh wrote:Rock Hill need to get away from that spread and play calling from the sidelines from coach Knipp and go back to smash mouth football like in the late 80's and early 90's team's....and bring there QB under center,They use alot of time standing and waiting on call from Knipp and not even in a huddle , I mean it is not a two minute drill the whole game!!! have there center bring the team in and have your QB call the plays in the huddle!!! they have there lead blocker back in Shane Harper and that freshman Chance Blankenship is showing real skill on both sides of the ball, his brother Brandon will hit the holes hard but they need that little extra push from the line. The line they have is big and strong but could work on there quickness a little.
What games have you been going to?????? RH has a line with AVERAGE at best size and are hardly what I would define as "strong". They have a young, inexperienced team that is going through some growing pains and playing top notch caliber teams that are a combined 9-0. Their best player just returned from injury and was cleared to play shortly before the game. I look to see more improvement as the year moves on, hopefully this team finds its identity before OVC play begins.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

If we run the offense we did in the second half against Chillicothe I think it gets ugly. If we run the offense we ran in our first two games it will be closer. We need to cut down the mistakes I think we are averaging 5 turnovers and about 13 penalties a game right know. This will be the week we get back on track.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

If you can't beat Rock Hill you might as wel pack it in.and get the basketballs out.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West finally gets their first win of the season.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

In all honesty we can probably run any offense and win the next two weeks. Coach said something Saturday on the radio about this is what our talent is dictating and he's right. I hope we keep letting the kid throw. We have some skilled guys. Just not alot of big backs or the size on the line to play strictly smashmouth. Honestly I'm surprised we went to that offense because we no how coach likes to run the ball. Could we be seeing a little of the"Urban Meyer" effect?

Seen some of the film. If not for the phantom holding call on the Frye run down to the 20 early in the 4th we could've cut that lead to 21-14 and come back Friday.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

siderman wrote:Could we be seeing a little of the"Urban Meyer" effect?
I really hope so. The Pass will compliment the Run and vise-versa. Coach has is in him...you seen glimpses of it "08-09". I honestly don’t see West able to run the smash mouth style for the next few years, unless I’m missing something

Like I said, West gets back on track against RH and I think they will be a dangerous team from here on out!

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

RHparent2 wrote:
proudparentrh wrote:Rock Hill need to get away from that spread and play calling from the sidelines from coach Knipp and go back to smash mouth football like in the late 80's and early 90's team's....and bring there QB under center,They use alot of time standing and waiting on call from Knipp and not even in a huddle , I mean it is not a two minute drill the whole game!!! have there center bring the team in and have your QB call the plays in the huddle!!! they have there lead blocker back in Shane Harper and that freshman Chance Blankenship is showing real skill on both sides of the ball, his brother Brandon will hit the holes hard but they need that little extra push from the line. The line they have is big and strong but could work on there quickness a little.
What games have you been going to?????? RH has a line with AVERAGE at best size and are hardly what I would define as "strong". They have a young, inexperienced team that is going through some growing pains and playing top notch caliber teams that are a combined 9-0. Their best player just returned from injury and was cleared to play shortly before the game. I look to see more improvement as the year moves on, hopefully this team finds its identity before OVC play begins.
Been going through growing pains for sometime now huh!!!!!!!!! I thought they would be huge by now as much as they have been growing over the past 6 or 7 years!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I see West entering SOC play 2-3, which is obviously not what they expected over the summer. At least they are not calling for the coaches head on a platter like what is going on at PHS. I do agree that you have to adjust your play calling to match the talent you have at the time. Wheelersburg is a good example of different talent and changes in play calling. Two years ago, we had a very good line and Schankweiler in the backfield and you knew who was going to get the ball, but they executed very well and won a lot of games. Now we don't have that caliber of a back and the offense today doesn't resemble what we were doing 2 years ago.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think we are gonna end the year on a high note. And if that happens, this could go down as Triplett's best coaching job here.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Still have a rough schedule in front of you but this would be a good game to try new things to see what direction West wants to go. I think this will be an easy win this week but i wouldnt write Cheasapeake off quite yet. They beat a good Symmes Valley team.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

4th n Goal wrote:I see West entering SOC play 2-3, which is obviously not what they expected over the summer. At least they are not calling for the coaches head on a platter like what is going on at PHS. I do agree that you have to adjust your play calling to match the talent you have at the time. Wheelersburg is a good example of different talent and changes in play calling. Two years ago, we had a very good line and Schankweiler in the backfield and you knew who was going to get the ball, but they executed very well and won a lot of games. Now we don't have that caliber of a back and the offense today doesn't resemble what we were doing 2 years ago.
Wheelersburg is a great example they seem to make that adjustment every year. Coach Woodward and his staff does a great job making the adjustments to match the talent they have. Wheelersburg always has quality kids and a geat tradition. With that being said and the willingness of their coaches to make the adjustments, equals their success.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

luvbigcats...MOVE!lol. Except you are comparing apples to oranges in your remarks. Triplett had to leave for a year for family issues. If the Burg staff was disrupted also then you can start making your fantastic comparisons! By the way, Fairland is not the best team West has faced this year either. By and large, the West staff has done as well a job as any other school adjusting over the years. They are a fine coaching staff now. I will say I hope the backs start holding onto the ball better. They have a great group of kids at West too. I had the pleasure of meeting some of them this summer. Good Luck the rest of the year West! Hope you win out and learn some valuable life lessons while you are at it.

Return to “Football”