SVC

littleabner
Riding the Bench

SVC

Post by littleabner »

SVC WHO wins this week ,some big games starting the league play, and why do they come out on top,
Trace @ P.V
SE @ UNIOTO
Adena @ Huntington
and prob the biggest game of the week
Westfall @ Piketon

littleabner
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC

Post by littleabner »

No love out there for the SVC ? anyway here is my thoughts::
Z.T. over P.V.
close game but I feel trace will dominate the trenches against what seems to be a young Def. line for the Bearcats . P.V will put up points with there rushing attack but I just dont think it will be enough. 20 to 13 Z.T.
S.E. over U.
This one is a tough one for me , S.E should take advantage of the corners and running a spread type mocking Uniotos and running strait at them seems to me would be very problem some For the big U Def. on the other side of the ball who knows from what I heard S.E. had a really good Def Against Northwest and only gave up three big plays and only 2 first downs the whole game, and the other two teams that lost to are very strong programs that seemed to put up endless points so who knows but as far as the unioto off. you know what there plan is and they are daring some one to stop it (which Mclain had no problem doing, who i might add S.E seem to play very well against in scrimmage.) late field goal wins it 24 to 21 S.E. Adena over Huntington
Adena is down from last year without Ried but will still get the job done against Huntington who are starting to win again yet this will prove to be a hard game they just dont match up well to Adena's def. and will have trouble getting the ball moving at all Imo 28 to 0 Adena and it doesn't get any better next week when they go to Piketon.
Westfall over Piketon
This could really go either way I feel the team with the least mistakes ( turnovers ) will win and I know it is early but more than likely this will be for the gold ball. Both teams are very skilled and can score from any where and both play good D both have had some early nail bighters. Westfall came out on top of circleville and logan elm in close games where Piketon lost to Minford a game they where winning at the half. 20 to 14 Wf

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I've seen some of the SVC this year, so ill make some predictions.

Zane Trace should beat Paint Valley. I think ZT will be right up there in the mix for the title.

Southeastern is down from last year. They have a good qb but I think Unioto will take it.

Huntington and their high powered offense will give Adena everything they want and more. Ill pick Huntington in an upset.

I don't know much about Westfall, but I have seen Piketons offense. If they are rolling, they'll be tough for anyone to beat. Ill take Piketon by 6.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Is Southeastern still having the 6 am morning practice?
That's some dedication from those young men.

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

Piketon should have beat minford. They have a great quarterback, great recievers and the best backs. Use them to win! Don't be afraid to score big.
Last edited by CoolPiketonDude on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

And to add, piketon has the best defence and the best line!! I see a win against westfall !!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good luck to Piketon on stopping that Westfall offense, but at the same time, Westfall's defense has been abysmal. I see it as a very high scoring contest and I'll take the defending champions, 34-28.

Other matchups:
PV over ZT in a close game
Unioto big over SE...but Coach Coy will have that ship righted pretty darn soon.
Adena over Huntington, but I also think this will be a good ball game. Huntington has so many athletes that they will get some points, but will their D be able get off the field against Adena's grinding style?

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

We talk football including Week 4 predictions on SVC Sports Talk...here is the link...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk091012

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Good question today in the inbox. Who is the best kicker in the SVC? Who is your pick?

piketondad73
Waterboy

Post by piketondad73 »

piketon will beat west fall high scoring game but pike ton as the edge
unioto will beat southeastern bad. They don't have much talent at all. They barely beat northwest and northwest couldn't score on huntingtons varsity
adena will beat huntington but it will be a close game. vickers will make it interesting
Zanetrace will beat paint valley. Paint valley is to young

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

warningtrackpower wrote:Good question today in the inbox. Who is the best kicker in the SVC? Who is your pick?
Miles from Southeastern

littleabner
Riding the Bench

Post by littleabner »

piketondad73
Wow have you seen any team out of the svc other than piketon ??
Southeastern gave up three plays to NW 3 thats it they (NW) only had 2 first downs the whole game and had kids out for different reasons), greenfield beat UHS and barely could move the ball against SE in a scrimmage and S.E has talent but very low numbers and that does take its toll on them, if Piketon does pull off a win this week it will shock me but I will say they should be the best two teams in the league.and it is at Piketon so they do have that going for them,but huntington is huntington (Got beat by ND bad) and Adena is still adena , I don't beleave it will be close.

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

the best kicker in the svc?for sure not the miles kid from southeastern.the smith boy from zane trace has been on fire here lately and was great last season.

jm1919
Freshman Team

Post by jm1919 »

Miles 7-7 PATs, 4-5 FGs made: 33,34,37,42. missed: 49 in the rain, back up holder & snapper. Definitely one of the best kickers, havent seen the Smith boy kick so cant really compare the two.
Last edited by jm1919 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Southeastern vs. Unioto

Southeastern's defense can't match with the offense, giving up too many points. Unioto's defense is pretty solid creating constant turnovers. Unioto 35-14

Zane Trace vs. Paint Valley

This is a tough game, I believe Trace's running game will be too much for the young defense of Paint Valley. Zane Trace 23-14

Adena vs. Huntington

Huntington is on track where they need to be. Gaining confidence and W's. Adena is still Adena, hard nose running game. I don't think Adena can defend the passing attack and scrambling of Vickers, with some injuries returning helps the Huntsmen D a lot. Huntington 35-31

Westfall vs. Piketon

Would LOVE to be at this one. Westfall returns alot, as well as Piketon. Williamson turns the heat up and gives Piketon's D problems. Westfall 34-21

TheManWithThePlan
Waterboy

Post by TheManWithThePlan »

Unioto over southeastern

Zane Trace over Paint Valley but it will be close

I think that Huntington will pull through against Adena. Close game.

Piketon will beat Westfall.. Piketon has a number of key players.. Westfall, well they only have one. Piketon will tire him out

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Finals

Westfall-42
Piketon- 14

Huntington-46
Adena-31

Zane Trace-14
Paint Valley-7

Unioto-42
Southeastern-7

CoolPiketonDude
Waterboy

Watched piketon play since they were in 3rd grade. They can move the ball so its time to get busy! Good try streaks!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Westfall 42 Piketon 14...Greek didn't see the coming! Come on guys...let's go to work.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huge game in the Village on this coming Friday night. Huntington's offense puts up a ton of points, but I think Piketon will be the toughest D they've faced. If Piketon wins out, they'll still have a shot at the playoffs and an SVC title, a loss and there will be no Week 11.

Another very big game has Unioto going to Westfall. Unioto has a bad loss at McClain, but made some personnel changes and have looked improved, while Westfall scores a lot every week. Can Unioto slow down the Mustangs offense? They'll need to force a lot of TO's to get a W.

Return to “Football”