S

Re: Wahama vs Belpre

Post by mhs95_06 »

From WMOA: Wahama 47, Belpre 20

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Wahama is still a very good team with some very good players but some of those good players are dirty players.One in particular is their running back/linebacker who was talked to on 3 or 4 occasions by the refs for late hits but never flagged.Belpre showed much improvement on offense and surprised Wahama by scoring 3 td's on their starters who were left in the game well into the 4th quarter despite the big lead.Not very sportsman like doing a fake punt to pick up a first down when you are leading by 27 points with less than 8 minutes to go in the game.Wahama is the better team but their sportsmanship is not very good and Belpre can look forward to better games against them in the next year or two.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Wahama is still a very good team with some very good players but some of those good players are dirty players.One in particular is their running back/linebacker who was talked to on 3 or 4 occasions by the refs for late hits but never flagged.Belpre showed much improvement on offense and surprised Wahama by scoring 3 td's on their starters who were left in the game well into the 4th quarter despite the big lead.Not very sportsman like doing a fake punt to pick up a first down when you are leading by 27 points with less than 8 minutes to go in the game.Wahama is the better team but their sportsmanship is not very good and Belpre can look forward to better games against them in the next year or two.
well said. not sportsman like at all.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Seems to me there was some dirty play out of a few of the boys in orange and black. I am sure it is hard for you guys. Going from a once proud program to what you guys watch week in week out now. yikes. Its easy to claim other teams lack sportsmanship when you are getting pounded. BTW, your starters were still in late in the game too.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Titletown TVC wrote:Seems to me there was some dirty play out of a few of the boys in orange and black. I am sure it is hard for you guys. Going from a once proud program to what you guys watch week in week out now. yikes. Its easy to claim other teams lack sportsmanship when you are getting pounded. BTW, your starters were still in late in the game too.
Right,our starters are mostly freshman and sophomores,what are we supposed to do when we are still trying to catch up or improve ,put in all of the seniors and juniors?We will see who gets pounded in the next few years since our jr high teams beat your jr high teams by a combined score of 105 - 0 the last two years.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

I do not post as much as before , I attended this game, I promise you this Tavian Miller is going to do crush Wahama in the next few years.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

amazinghocks wrote:I do not post as much as before , I attended this game, I promise you this Tavian Miller is going to do crush Wahama in the next few years.
Thank you,Tavian was the recipiant of a couple of those late hits and being only a freshman I thought he handled it well and he did a great job against Wahama's very good seniors and juniors.All of Belpre's young players performed well against their very good players and this will only help them get better in the future.I give Wahama their due they are a very good team and should go unbeaten this year and go a long way in the WV playoffs but there is no need for dirty play.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Call it whatever you want. The problem in Belpre is that you all have forgotten that football is a tough game. You think being physical is being dirty. Truth is that you guys thought that you would stomp on the hocking becuase you were a big bad Ohio division school. Sorry we took your candy. Stop crying. BTW, congrats on finally being able to beat Southern.

As for the future, we will see. If you want your chance at revenge, you might suggest to your administrators to support our membership in the TVC. Seems they have been very vocal about booting us. Just more sour grapes I guess.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Titletown TVC wrote:Call it whatever you want. The problem in Belpre is that you all have forgotten that football is a tough game. You think being physical is being dirty. Truth is that you guys thought that you would stomp on the hocking becuase you were a big bad Ohio division school. Sorry we took your candy. Stop crying. BTW, congrats on finally being able to beat Southern.

As for the future, we will see. If you want your chance at revenge, you might suggest to your administrators to support our membership in the TVC. Seems they have been very vocal about booting us. Just more sour grapes I guess.
We were never a "big"Ohio school and we have nothing against good hard clean physical football,it is the dirty,cheap shots that we have a problem with.We moved to the Hocking purely because of size and never thought we would dominate the league and we accept the fact that we haven't won very much since we joined.I like most other TVC fans could care less either way whether or not you remain in the league.If people want you out it's not because of your school or teams it's because of people like you.I have nothing else to say to you on this matter.Have a good day

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

:roll: :lol:

Same to you

BLACK FALCON
Waterboy

Post by BLACK FALCON »

Where in the sportsmanship handbook does it say its ok for a grown adult to cuss out a 17 year old kid for hitting in a contact sport? Putting pressure on a QB (freshman or a senior) that is throwing the ball is called Defense. if its late you throw a flag. No flag was thrown and the Dirty player you mention was NOT talked to 3 or 4 times about it. I would say that he probebly didnt like being kicked in the head two diff. times while on the ground or when someone tried to twist his foot off at bottom of a pile either but he's not crying about it.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Good points Eaglepapaw. These guys just want to try argue. No need for that. Anyone who can read can see that. Belpre dressed how many kids. 30 at the most. That is 7.5 kids per grade. I bet there aren't 14 juniors and seniors on that team. Just look at a roster and do the math. And if a student athlete is playing dirty and the officials doesn't take care of it then a good coach would. Especially when the game isn't even close. Don't forget football should be making boys into better men. Condoning dirty play or running up scores doesn't help in that area.

BLACK FALCON
Waterboy

Post by BLACK FALCON »

So, since we have some juniors and 5 or 6 seniors that have busted their butts for 3 an 4 years they should only be allowed to play 1 quarter or at most a half just because they are ahead, or should they be told to lay back and not try as hard till you catch up? They practice to play and play to win. when all your freshmen and sophs. are jun. an sr's do you tell them to ease up or lay down? NO. It's called football, there was Plenty of (dirty) on both sides of the ball, watch a game film (i have).These kids are taught to play till the whistle blows an the clock says 0. We won, game over, see ya next year.

FootballFanatic1010
Waterboy

Post by FootballFanatic1010 »

Wahama has a rude sealing in the next few years if they stay in the league . They will be dominated by many teams unless they can find their way out of the league by next season. With that said, they have a very goof football team this year and that is all that matters right now. Maybe a little dirty but football is a physical sport and you can't confuse dirty with physical. Whatever Wahama is doing is obviously working so don't look for them to change anything. Belpre will definitely be a team to watch for in the next few years. Goodluck to both teams rest of the way

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

I dont profess to know much about the rules but I still maintain that our kids dont play dirty.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

AS soon as a hocking team beats wahama . They will cut and run .

BLACK FALCON
Waterboy

Post by BLACK FALCON »

Slam Wahama for running up the score? What about your game last week at Southern?

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

NY BUCKS wrote:AS soon as a hocking team beats wahama . They will cut and run .

Sad thing is Athens is the only team in the TVC that could beat Wahama. What has happened to football in the TVC the last few years?

Irishgold1988
Waterboy

Post by Irishgold1988 »

I'm sorry, haven't been following much on here this year, but I have to respond to this. You say, "Yeah, Wahama's gonna get it in a few years." This statement absolutely humors me. So whenever Wahama loses in the TVC Hocking whenever that may be, I can't wait to hear the responses on here. "Yeah, I knew they would lose! They had it coming!" Unreal. Of course, a team cannot maintain its dominance in a league forever (though Wahama is currently on pace for that). Wahama hasn't lost a game in the TVC. They will eventually, yes. I can't wait to hear the "I told you so's." Everyone on here keeps talking about Wahama in the upcoming years. What about this year? Last year? Year before?

Return to “Football”