Trimble beats Meigs.......hmmmmmm.....

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Trimble beats Meigs.......hmmmmmm.....

Post by Titletown TVC »

.....and we dominated Trimble. Sure wish we were playing Meigs. Anyone know if there is any chance these two will hook up for a game in the future?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Trimble beats Meigs.......hmmmmmm.....

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Titletown TVC wrote:.....and we dominated Trimble. Sure wish we were playing Meigs. Anyone know if there is any chance these two will hook up for a game in the future?

Who is "we"?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Wahama

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Last year Piketon beat Waverly, VC beat Piketon, and then Waverly destroyed VC. I'm. Not sure why Meigs will schedule teams like Southern and Trimble, but not Wahama.. but just because they lost to someone you beat doesn't always mean you would win head to head.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

All they have to do is schedule the game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Titletown TVC wrote:All they have to do is schedule the game.
With the two schools being so close together, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Dundas wrote:
Dundas if he wants to schedule Meigs in the next two years and play them with the kids he's got coming up from the Jr High it will be a long ride back across that bridge in Pomoroy.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
Dundas wrote:
Dundas if he wants to schedule Meigs in the next two years and play them with the kids he's got coming up from the Jr High it will be a long ride back across that bridge in Pomoroy.
Wahama did have the opportunity, just like all the other hocking schools, to move to the Ohio Division.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Wow. what good sportsmanship. bashing kids on a message board. you must be proud.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

But regardless, as close as Meigs and Wahama are geographically, they should play each other in every sport, every year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Why do you want to play Meigs so bad?

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

i just want to see my old school play some better competition and they are right there across the river. All we here in our community is how dollars at the gate are down. So, lets play one and make some money.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Titletown TVC wrote:i just want to see my old school play some better competition and they are right there across the river. All we here in our community is how dollars at the gate are down. So, lets play one and make some money.

That makes since to me............. If it brings a good gate to both schools, then I think you guys should play.

You can almost throw rocks at each other now anyways, Why not drive over the bridge and play.? :lol: :lol:

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

This year Wahama would kill Meigs, they are awful. Not so sure in the next five years.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Dundas wrote:Last year Piketon beat Waverly, VC beat Piketon, and then Waverly destroyed VC. I'm. Not sure why Meigs will schedule teams like Southern and Trimble, but not Wahama.. but just because they lost to someone you beat doesn't always mean you would win head to head.

Didnt Meigs and Wahama play each other a while back? i cant remember the exact reasoning why they stopped playing each other. would be a good game to play, would benifit Wahama greatly as far as points go for playoffs

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Remember_The_Name wrote:
Dundas wrote:Last year Piketon beat Waverly, VC beat Piketon, and then Waverly destroyed VC. I'm. Not sure why Meigs will schedule teams like Southern and Trimble, but not Wahama.. but just because they lost to someone you beat doesn't always mean you would win head to head.

Didnt Meigs and Wahama play each other a while back? i cant remember the exact reasoning why they stopped playing each other. would be a good game to play, would benifit Wahama greatly as far as points go for playoffs

As i have said many times on here before. Wahama dropped meigs mid summer back around 95 and left meigs with only 9 games that year. The reason they dropped them was meigs beat them every year and they picked up an easier game. It possibly cost meigs the playoffs. Coach Chancey said he would never play them again as long as he had any say but that too has all changed now. I would like to see them play also.

Return to “Football”