Varsity

Week 5. Alexander Vs River Valley

Post by Alexander hitman »

Thoughts ??? Can Alex get a win ???

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Week 5. Alexander Vs River Valley

Post by BlizzardMan »

It depends which Alex team shows up and which Raider team shows up. This can be a two touchdown swing in either direction, but I'll take the Raiders by a score, just because I'd like to see them start winning games they can.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Alex should win.......

I'm not sure who I am picking yet though.

Mr.Nubington
Waterboy

Post by Mr.Nubington »

I was explaining to some people the other day about where I went to high school. If you think back to the formation of RV, it's hard to imagine they haven't dominated football. Even after the split, that formed South Gallia, you were left with the old North Gallia/ Kyger Creek districts. Growing up, these were solid programs every year. Therefore, RV has the DNA to be a powerful program one day. There has always been GREAT athletes at RV, just not a lot a wining. That will change, I know it. As soon as the kids believe it.... watch out. This is a great league for RV to be a member of. The most important thing to do is respect and support the coaches. Remember, every single play in football is designed to score! You just have to execute.

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

Alexander's qb is a great athlete, keep him from getting to the outside he's extremely quick.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

What has happened to RV???? I watched them beat Fairland in the OVC preview then hammer SG in the foundation game. But since the season started they've barely beat Southern and have been blownout by teams with only slightly better or equal talent!!!! Hope things get straightened out!!!! Good luck!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No one shows anything at previews. That's common knowledge. Yes, RV may have beaten South Gallia in a scrimmage. South Gallia is 0-4 and lost to Miller last week. River Valley's lone win was against Southern, a team that was blown out by Belpre. I honestly don't think RV can win a game for the rest of the season, and that includes games against Rock Hill and South Point. Personally, I'd like to see them get at least one more conference win in the OVC before they leave but the fans on here talked this team up an awful lot and it has gotten ugly so far.
Last edited by fuzzhead on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I think RV put the pressure up to high to fast based on what they did in scrimmages. They need to just relax and play at this point. I think if they hadn't been talked up so much. It would've a different story. I think they will at least beat either South Point or Rock Hill, but I think they will win both of those games.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Usually, I'd say with the Spartans being the visitors, this would be a toss up. This week, I think that a lot of problems/issues get corrected during a hard week of practice and Arno's Army walks away from Bidwell with a two touchdown victory on Friday night.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Spartans are home this Friday and I believe it's homecoming ....
Spartans should get a win !!!

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Game is at Alex, if Alex dont win this game they wont win another game as long as Arno keeps scratchn his head thinken what to do next.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Spartans have got to find the end zone early in this one and establish a running game, they have struggled
to do that do far. They have the talent but seem to not be able to utilize it or make terrible penalties that cost
them yards and scores. I know they are In rebuilding year with a loss of like 18 seniors but I think they should have had
at least 1 of their 3 losses.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

If Alex doesn't beat River Valley they won't win a game the rest of the year.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, silly me for reading the post heading and thinking that Alex was on the road. Well, that is usually how it goes, but that just goes to show me, check the official schedule.

That said, at home, Alex had better win by 20+, or you can write this season off. I agree with the other posts, this may be it for the Spartans this year.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

fuzzhead wrote:No one shows anything at previews. That's common knowledge. Yes, RV may have beaten South Gallia in previews. South Gallia is 0-4 and lost to Miller last week. River Valley's lone win was against Southern, a team that was blown out by Belpre. I honestly don't think RV can win a game for the rest of the season, and that includes games against Rock Hill and South Point. Personally, I'd like to see them get at least one more conference win in the OVC before they leave but the fans on here talked this team up an awful lot and it has gotten ugly so far.
fuzz your dead on the rv team is in shambles,i don't think they are with in 20 points of anyone the rest of the year. bad coaching and it's a shame because they have some decent talent an size
it's clear to watch that they never work on fundamentals and i hear the coach just wants to work on offense in practice,

i just wondered why rv never hired a defensive coach out there they are all offensive coaches or back ground

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:No one shows anything at previews. That's common knowledge. Yes, RV may have beaten South Gallia in previews. South Gallia is 0-4 and lost to Miller last week. River Valley's lone win was against Southern, a team that was blown out by Belpre. I honestly don't think RV can win a game for the rest of the season, and that includes games against Rock Hill and South Point. Personally, I'd like to see them get at least one more conference win in the OVC before they leave but the fans on here talked this team up an awful lot and it has gotten ugly so far.
fuzz your dead on the rv team is in shambles,i don't think they are with in 20 points of anyone the rest of the year. bad coaching and it's a shame because they have some decent talent an size
it's clear to watch that they never work on fundamentals and i hear the coach just wants to work on offense in practice,

i just wondered why rv never hired a defensive coach out there they are all offensive coaches or back ground
Winters is a defensive coach. But...well....

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

Mr.Nubington wrote:I was explaining to some people the other day about where I went to high school. If you think back to the formation of RV, it's hard to imagine they haven't dominated football. Even after the split, that formed South Gallia, you were left with the old North Gallia/ Kyger Creek districts. Growing up, these were solid programs every year. Therefore, RV has the DNA to be a powerful program one day. There has always been GREAT athletes at RV, just not a lot a wining. That will change, I know it. As soon as the kids believe it.... watch out. This is a great league for RV to be a member of. The most important thing to do is respect and support the coaches. Remember, every single play in football is designed to score! You just have to execute.
Was at the N-Y game. RV has good numbers and great size and athletic kids. Do not understand why the program is not winning games. I have to agree
with you. N-Y use to scrimmage Kyger Creek back in the day and they were one tough ball team year in and year out.

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Nobody can seem to figure out RV!!! They not only get the kids from Kyger Creek and North Gallia but also 90-100% of the kids from Southwestern!!!! The girls program probably will be moving up to Div 2 and the boys are not far behind!!! But even with a non league schedule of a lot smaller schools...they cant seem to win!! I wish that I had the answers!!!! with that being said...I think RV puts it all together and wins this week!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ol' Blue wrote:Nobody can seem to figure out RV!!! They not only get the kids from Kyger Creek and North Gallia but also 90-100% of the kids from Southwestern!!!! The girls program probably will be moving up to Div 2 and the boys are not far behind!!! But even with a non league schedule of a lot smaller schools...they cant seem to win!! I wish that I had the answers!!!! with that being said...I think RV puts it all together and wins this week!!!!
2 things that come to mind.
1. Attitude, Not just the team but the entire community

2. Work Ethic, What you do in the off season will effect how well your team does during the season.

If it was as simple as hiring a coach and big numbers showing up to play, lots of teams would be better.
You have to hire a coach who knows how to put together a great coaching staff, He needs to motivate the kids to show up to off season workouts on a regular basis, and the community needs to get behind said coach and team.

After you get all those things to come together, you have to have patience.
RV is not going to go from winning 3 games a year to 8 over night.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I'm gonna take Alex at home something like 27-19.

Return to “Football”