Athens 3rd ... Gallia Academy 6th ... after week 5

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Athens 3rd ... Gallia Academy 6th ... after week 5

Post by 93Bulldog »

If the playoffs started today - Gallia Academy would be traveling to Athens for a rematch of their week one game ... of course things will change over the next five weeks - but it sure would be cool to see that one played again ... especially since neither team would have to leave southeastern Ohio. (much like the situation with Jackson & Athens last year)

WEEK 10 WILL BE ABSOLUTLY ENORMOUS ...

GALLIA vs JACKSON
ATHENS @ NELSONVILLE-YORK

(With Athens beating Jackson and losing to the Blue Devils - that game will be crucial to the Bulldogs in terms of playoff implications ....... of course none of it matters unless Athens beats the Buckeyes at Dave Boston Field, which is a tall order in its own right.)

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Re: Athens 3rd ... Gallia Academy 6th ... after week 5

Post by Joedirt »

Athens wins tvc, makes playoffs, way to much for any team left to play even for NY. My opinion.

85cruiser
Riding the Bench

Post by 85cruiser »

I agree. I am sure NY is watching games and practicing hard while looking ahead to week ten considering the next few games they are playing, but Athens defense has already experienced strong running and passing offenses from very good and tough teams on the field. Athens offense, with it's formations has seen it already with all the different defenses these same teams threw at us. The game against Gallia showed us where we needed to make adjustments and since then, our entire team has gained confidence among the sophomores and seniors on the playing field and they now know each others strengths and weaknesses. NYs real test won't be until week ten and it's gonna be a sellout at Boston field.

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

when all the games are finished for this week Gallia academy will not be 6th. i think they will be 8th or 9th at best. A slim chance they hold on to 7th but i doubt it. Mcnichols had a big overtime win today. And a lot of other games effecting this region not played until today. if gallia and athens both win out. both will probably host a game. This may not be true but i still see a lot of loses is region 12. we already have only 7 teams with one loss. so at least one 2 loss team is in. i think at least one 3 loss team will make it in maybe 2.

A lot will be decided in the next 2 weeks. Gallia acadmey will have to play good football in several upcoming weeks to even finish 8-2. Starting this week. chillicothie has played a pretty tough schedule they will be a big test for gallia academy even if they are 1-4. i think they jackson and gallia will be close for league title.

And athens at 8-2 probably still makes it in. this region is really evenly matched this year.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Who beats GA in the SEOAL. I dont see anyone doing it. They only get better. Athens playing in a down TVC Ohio this year IMO can get comfortable. GA is playing in a down SEOAL but it is the SEOAl. Not taking away from the TVC but it is what it is. I like 65 players on the sideline rather than 40 players.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens and Nelsonville-York are a combined 7-1 versus the SEOAL the last two years in the regular season ... just sayin ...

85cruiser
Riding the Bench

Post by 85cruiser »

seoal83 wrote:when all the games are finished for this week Gallia academy will not be 6th. i think they will be 8th or 9th at best. A slim chance they hold on to 7th but i doubt it. Mcnichols had a big overtime win today.
Gallia stays at #6. McNicholas 2nd level points jumped from 17.5 up to 31.5 after Saturdays games pushing them all the way up to #5.

#5 Archbishop McNicholas..... win moves from #9 to #5 @ 6.8818
#6 Gallia @ 6.1000
#7 Kenton..... lost moves from #5 to #7 near 5.7500
#8 Goshen..... moves from #7 to #8 @ 5.6677

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After Saturday games ... Athens remained 3rd and Gallia 6th.

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

Yea i didn't realize kenton ridge had lost. wchs tv had the score backwards on their web site. Next 2 weeks will still tell a lot. Mcnichols has more big games. kenton ridge plays shawnee. goshen has a tough game.

I don't know much about circleville but them thurgood marshall, alter and athens could very easily win out. Then depending on what you think of mcnichols they could lose a couple more or move way up. Gallia should fair well in the SEOAL but every year last few years they have lost at least one very winnable game. kenton ridge will lose at least one more and goshen has at least one more they won't be favored in. Wyoming has a fairly easy schedule they should make it in.

But as some of the 5-8 teams lose i don't see much right behind them to win out we will have to watch and see.

As far as original post went. We would love the opportunity to come beat Athens twice at their place in the same year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

seoal83 wrote:We would love the opportunity to come beat Athens twice at their place in the same year.
Carefull whatcha wish for - Athens made major adjustements since the first meeting .. not even close to the same team that played week 1 ... :mrgreen:

But your right in one sense - would much rather keep Athens, Gallia and Circleville in play ... at least you kind of know what your up against (southeastern Ohio athletes) ... playing a Kettering Alter or Thurgood Marshall is a completely different set of circumstances.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

We would love to host Gallia - redemption would be sweet.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

Gallia has more points left on there schedule than athens but if both win out you may have your rematch with one being the 4 and the other being the 5 it could happen!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

vctransplant wrote:Who beats GA in the SEOAL. I dont see anyone doing it. They only get better. Athens playing in a down TVC Ohio this year IMO can get comfortable. GA is playing in a down SEOAL but it is the SEOAl. Not taking away from the TVC but it is what it is. I like 65 players on the sideline rather than 40 players.
both leagues are really bad this year,gallia has somewhat surprised but the record we have is mostly because opponents are really down but i think the tvc and seoal are about even
marietta is down warren not nearly as good as everyone thought jackson is a real big disappointment really who has either team played
our game tonight was 7-0 forever we never really put it away until late

i thought ironton was our best game i hope we keep climbing because i dont think either of us will win a playoff game unless its against each other

good job blue devils

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

joeeitel has Athens 4th and Gallia 5th ... after week 6.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

you look at this region there are only 13 teams right now with 2 loses or less. when you look at the teams remaining schedules their is a good chance that only 5 teams will finish season with 2 loses or less so i think at least 3 teams with 3 loses make it in. it looks like their may be several teams with a chance with a week or 2 to go.
top 4 in region is basically set unless alter upset this week or if shawnee wins out they may be able to catch athens. athens is very likely to be 4th seed even if they would lose final game to nelsonville york.

Return to “Football”