SEOPS

Re: Week 6 (1-4)Waverly@ (5-0)Valley

Post by coop »

Indians by 21

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I think if Valley beats Waverly they will have beat 6 teams with a win count of 4 game between them , that is not a real strong schedule.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

callie11 wrote:I think if Valley beats Waverly they will have beat 6 teams with a win count of 4 game between them , that is not a real strong schedule.
Were you able to calculate that up all by yourself? Lol I'm just teasing. We all know by now the Indians non-league schedule didn't produce many wins (3 to be exact), but the kids have handled their business and that's all any team can do with that schedule. We'll find out how good they are in Weeks 9 and 10 when Burg and Minford come calling.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I hope this game is an opportunity for the Valley pass defense to be tested, as Waverly's QB is a stud. This game could pay dividends down the road. Hopefully the Indians stay focused, I'm confident they will, as this is their first step toward defending their SOC title. Good luck Indians!!!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Unfortunately for Waverly, Valley names the score in this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i think valley is way too strong here.
from what i'm hearing up here , waverly is way off track.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I think Valley is on a mission to prove that their more than a 5-5 team each week they get much better and show more discipline in executing plays Howards throwing is improving I would like to see them alternate him out with Shope and Holbrook to keep the D guessing . All of the backs are doing a great job the D-line is getting better there is alot of speed there all in all its time for some SOC play I dont think we will be challenge until week 9 IMO Burg is going to be a great game but we must take care of business one week at a time ...... Valley 42 Waverly 14

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

So is it a strong schedule the 3-4 years prior to it being played? Everybody loves to knock a schedule when teams don't put it together, but Coal Grove Chesapeake and Portsmouth have always had good teams. South Point and Rock Hill had some nice teams 5-6 years ago when the teams agreed to a contract. Valley was picked to be 3-2 at this point by many... They were told that they couldn't win after losing so many guys from a talented senior class. Hindsight is always 20/20.... So much negativity. Enjoy watching the fruits of a good program and the defending SOC II champs. If Valley doesn't win in week 7-10 then they aren't a playoff team regardless of the first 4-5 weeks. If they do win, then it makes the point moot. Chill out!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I always thought since valley has 3 qbs on the field all the time it would be perfect for trick plays. I would love to see some wr reverse passes. I think if valley stops the pass this one gets ugly. Valley has had a problem stoping the deep pass so far. They did a great job against coal grove but that was more caused by the pass rush not giving them time.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

valley wins easily

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

valley by whatever coach crabtree wants them to win by

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jesco White wrote:
callie11 wrote:I think if Valley beats Waverly they will have beat 6 teams with a win count of 4 game between them , that is not a real strong schedule.
Were you able to calculate that up all by yourself? Lol I'm just teasing. We all know by now the Indians non-league schedule didn't produce many wins (3 to be exact), but the kids have handled their business and that's all any team can do with that schedule. We'll find out how good they are in Weeks 9 and 10 when Burg and Minford come calling.
Valley will pick up a few second level points from Coal Grove. IMO Coal Grove will win out the rest of the season and win their League. And hopefully just maybe Portsmouth can win at least 2 games left on their schedule. Every little bit will help. I think from what i see that Coal Grove, Portsmouth and Peake will all get win this week which will help Valley alot on 2nd level points. I believe we'll have to go 9-1 to get in the playoffs and win out to get a home game.
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valley 44
Waverly 13

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Jesco White wrote:
Valley will pick up a few second level points from Coal Grove. IMO Coal Grove will win out the rest of the season and win their League. And hopefully just maybe Portsmouth can win at least 2 games left on their schedule. Every little bit will help. I think from what i see that Coal Grove, Portsmouth and Peake will all get win this week which will help Valley alot on 2nd level points. I believe we'll have to go 9-1 to get in the playoffs and win out to get a home game.
I believe 100% that as long as we stay healthy, we will qualify for the playoffs. I usually don't start projecting points until around midnight on week 7, but just glancing over things and having done this a lot over the years....I like our chances ;)

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

If my Tigers don't bring their A+ game here, they could take a whoopin.
Good Luck Tigers!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waverly's QB will need to have one heck of a game in order for Waverly to compete in this one. That is if Waverly's O line can give him protection. This could be the best test Valley has had so far this year if Waverly can move the sticks.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

The Tiger get smoked again this week. This it a thing the Tiger has gotten used to, coaching staff and all.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I think this will be won or lost in the trenches.
Can Waverly's O-line impose its will on Valley's D-line? Will Bolin-Hitchens get time to throw and will gaps be there for the backs to run through?
If that happens we saw what can happen at Alexander. If Waverly's line can't protect the QB it could be a repeat of last week.
I think it is imperative for the Tigers to get off to a quick start, but they want don't want to turn this into a track meet.
If Waverly's O-line can protect and open up holes I think Waverly can pull this one off. If Valley gets behind can they come back? I don't think they have had to yet.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Is it true Waverly has suspended 5 players for this week game?

Return to “Football”