WEEK 6: Oak Hill (4-1) @ Sciotoville East (3-2)

Axe N Shield
Varsity

WEEK 6: Oak Hill (4-1) @ Sciotoville East (3-2)

Post by Axe N Shield »

Oak Hill coming off a tough loss to Minford in 3 overtime. Minford 20 Oak Hill 19
Sciotoville coming off a tough long road loss to Dayton Jefferson that took two days to complete not, because of OT but, because of bad weather. Dayton Jefferson 34 Sciotoville 18

You thoughts? SOC I play begins!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 6: Oak Hill (4-1) @ Sciotoville East (3-2)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill rolls in this one.

Their defense is very good. Hard hitting and very stingy. They fight off blocks between the line and linebackers very well and limit big plays. They are also much quicker defensively than they appear. Craiger is a heck of a player, but this week he is playing against a very solid defense that will limit his playmaking ability.

Take Craiger away and East becomes Superman on kryptonite. It will be interesting to see how Craiger performs in this one. He will have to have a huge night to keep East in this game. East has played against one solid team in Raceland and got throttled.

I think the Oaks will do the same thing this week.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Oaks have too much overall talent to fall to the 1 or 2 man show from east. Oaks looking like strong SOC 1 favorite , along with SV.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Oaks win

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Great QB at East, but Oaks defense will be too much. Oaks offense steps up and rolls to a big win.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

East at 3-2 record is not as good as it seems. They have a tough schedule and I think it shows when facing tough opponents. Oaks win!

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

I hate to say it but Oak Hill... by a bunch!

Oak Hill 35 East 14 :cry:

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

oak hill big.... watched them play minford last week...very physical team that is well coached

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Does Oak Hill have any noteable injuries? This is always a good game but very physical!

OZZIE0HI0
Freshman Team

Post by OZZIE0HI0 »

Doesnt matter they will win anyway. Oaks by as many as they want and the starters out by the third quarter.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Well, here it is Tuesday of the first week of SOC play and NO Tartan fans, Tartan Army or faithful are on here talking or showing any form of support whatsoever!

This is usually typical of East fans when things are not looking good! I am a Tartan fan from day one; and have not been to one East game this year and probably won't make any of their games this year with the exception of the Notre Dame game! Wouldn't miss that game for nothing... what a rivalry! To me, this is one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports! I call it; "THE GAME!!" I have been attending all of Burgs games because my nephew plays for them and I am there supporting him for the rest of his high school career. So, that's why I have been absent from East games!

Just take a look at the stands. And, this is not just for Sciotoville... this goes for any high school program that is having a rough time or things don't look so good. Now, at 3-2 East is not ding bad at all... and I can see them getting another 2 or 3 wins on their schedule... maybe! Of course one of those wins because we play Green again on our schedule for some stupid unjustified reasons. No offense or poke at Green fans or players intended. I have seen it time after time at East that when they are having a bad season or go up against somebody that they will most likely lose against... the supporters disappear! And, I think everyone can relate to the emotion of not wanting to see your team lose or not do well but, dismissing loyalty to your team or support for your kids cannot be acknowledged as a loyal fan or as not having a huge impact on your program or community. What message is this sending to the kids? Well, we are not doing good or things aren't going the way that I would like them to so, I'll not try as hard or maybe quit! Might as well... the fans have!

I really hate to admitt what I'm about to say! I mean really really... really hate it! But, truth to the matter is...Notre Dame has one of the better programs in terms of fan support in athletics around here! There... I said it! And, I'll stand by that statement! These fans are there when they are doing good or bad. Sure their numbers spike as do any fanbase... but, for their size... their support level is comparison to a Ohio St. game! Now, if they would just base that support on a secular level they, would be on to something.

So, come on Tartan Fans... Stand Up And Cheer!

P.S. Lets see how much flak I catch from stating the obvious!

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

I really hate to admitt what I'm about to say! I mean really really... really hate it! But, truth to the matter is...Notre Dame has one of the better programs in terms of fan support in athletics around here! There... I said it! And, I'll stand by that statement! These fans are there when they are doing good or bad. Sure their numbers spike as do any fanbase... but, for their size... their support level is comparison to a Ohio St. game!
This is true my son and I both graduated from there and win or lose after the game up at the high school the parking lot is loaded with cheering fans. ND truley is a special place. All sports are having tremendous seasons recently, and looks as though the success is going to continue for sometime, just glad I have another one in school so I will be close to the action for a while.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Axe N Shield wrote:I really hate to admitt what I'm about to say! I mean really really... really hate it! But, truth to the matter is...Notre Dame has one of the better programs in terms of fan support in athletics around here! There... I said it! And, I'll stand by that statement! These fans are there when they are doing good or bad. Sure their numbers spike as do any fanbase... but, for their size... their support level is comparison to a Ohio St. game!
Great post Axe N Shield! You couldn't be more right. ND takes pride in everything they do. Good luck to your Tartans Friday night.

As for the game, I say Oak Hill stacks the line & makes Crager throw...I see the Oaks rolling.

bigbuckeyesfan
Waterboy

Post by bigbuckeyesfan »

OAK HILL LOOKS TO REBOUND AND BEAT EAST FROM A UPSET FROM LAST WEEK OAKS BY 6

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

The fan support has been quite good for East so far this season. How could you possibly comment on the crowds at the East games when you haven't been to one? Perception of a lack of support on a sports forum doesn't reflect actual support in the real world.

Also, you've repeatedly bashed the AD over the schedule without offering your suggestions...
What winnable game within this relative area would you have liked him to schedule? Your point is further weakened, because as it looks now the decision appears ro have been a good one for this years squad.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I like the oaks in this one............If they get that running game going

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Vision Quest »

socsportsfan1 wrote: How could you possibly comment on the crowds at the East games when you haven't been to one? .

Good one.
socsportsfan1 wrote:Also, you've repeatedly bashed the AD over the schedule without offering your suggestions...
What winnable game within this relative area would you have liked him to schedule? Your point is further weakened, because as it looks now the decision appears ro have been a good one for this years squad.
Excellent.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Why is Oak Hill even in SOC I? They are bigger than both Valley and Burg. Maybe we should trade Northwest who is bigger than all of them for Oak Hill.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

socsportsfan1 wrote:The fan support has been quite good for East so far this season. How could you possibly comment on the crowds at the East games when you haven't been to one? Perception of a lack of support on a sports forum doesn't reflect actual support in the real world.

Also, you've repeatedly bashed the AD over the schedule without offering your suggestions...
This is based on East's typical supporters in the past when seasons are not looking good. And, honestly it doesn't look good down the stretch as any football fan could see... I hope not--- I hope they win out and win the SOC I Title! Then, fans will start packing the stands again! And, in the past, when a East team is doing good or thought to be doing good... there was plenty of people on this site showing pride. So, that is one example of how you would know. Also, as I explained before; I am watching my nephew who is playing at Wheelersburg and will until he graduates, then I will be right back at the East games again.

Now, as for your second comment on the AD bashing and scheduling. You must be a friend or relative because not many in the Sciotoville area like him. Second, "what winnable game within this relative area would you have scheduled?" Their schedule proves this notion for argument as moot! So, Raceland was winnable? So, South Gallia, Dayton Jefferson are in our relative area? The answer is "NO" on both accounts! If you are going to play a cupcake non-league schedule then you will be known for this.

I say that he puts about as much thought into it as he does when he brushes his teeth! None! Post it on a web-site and wait for someone to contact you. Pick the easiest or only one to bite and you are done with this... little effort or time put into it! I don't think that in our case the AD being a coach in three different sports is good for any sports program. Most cases are not good. Symmes Valley is an exception... Rusty is an exception to the rule!

So, to conclude... the AD's current scheduling for this year has proven your point moot and null in this argument! Will travel out of area for games and will schedule the first thing that comes down the pike! Heck, they even traveled to Dayton Jefferson twice! And, scheduling Green on your schedule any year is just about a good bet in football much less twice in one year! Furthermore...you stating that it looks like it was a good thing considering this season shows that you think the Tartans are in for some trouble during the second half of their season.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Axe N Shield wrote:
socsportsfan1 wrote:The fan support has been quite good for East so far this season. How could you possibly comment on the crowds at the East games when you haven't been to one? Perception of a lack of support on a sports forum doesn't reflect actual support in the real world.

This is based on East's typical supporters in the past when seasons are not looking good. And, honestly it doesn't look good down the stretch as any football fan could see... I hope not--- I hope they win out and win the SOC I Title! Then, fans will start packing the stands again! And, in the past, when a East team is doing good or thought to be doing good... there was plenty of people on this site showing pride. So, that is one example of how you would know. Also, as I explained before; I am watching my nephew who is playing at Wheelersburg and will until he graduates, then I will be right back at the East games again.

Now, as for your second comment on the AD bashing and scheduling. You must be a friend or relative because not many in the Sciotoville area like him. Second, "what winnable game within this relative area would you have scheduled?" Their schedule proves this notion for argument as moot! So, Raceland was winnable? So, South Gallia, Dayton Jefferson are in our relative area? The answer is "NO" on both accounts! If you are going to play a cupcake non-league schedule then you will be known for this.

I say that he puts about as much thought into it as he does when he brushes his teeth! None! Post it on a web-site and wait for someone to contact you. Pick the easiest or only one to bite and you are done with this... little effort or time put into it! I don't think that in our case the AD being a coach in three different sports is good for any sports program. Most cases are not good. Symmes Valley is an exception... Rusty is an exception to the rule!

So, to conclude... the AD's current scheduling for this year has proven your point moot and null in this argument! Will travel out of area for games and will schedule the first thing that comes down the pike! Heck, they even traveled to Dayton Jefferson twice! And, scheduling Green on your schedule any year is just about a good bet in football much less twice in one year! Furthermore...you stating that it looks like it was a good thing considering this season shows that you think the Tartans are in for some trouble during the second half of their season.

There could be many different reasons as to why some fans are not posting on this or any other website...I know myself that I have not been on the site all that much talking about East Football and/or any other sports for that matter, that could be because other fans like myself have other things they need to do that are more important...especially more important than getting on here and downgrading the AD at East as well as other teams throughout the area. I am not one to talk about going to all the East games because I have missed my fair share over the past couple years; however, even though I am not there I am still able to talk to people to find out what is going on. The games I have attended there was plenty of fan support.

As far the scheduling goes, your point of who is being scheduled is one that has no clear relevance. You want to talk about East playing Green twice, the reason of that is because there were no other small division teams even close to playing the only options left open, which was talked about on another thread, was bigger division schools such as D-I, II, and III schools. You complain about East traveling to Dayton for a game, hell Notre Dame had to make a trip to Cleveland to play a game...which would you rather do travel to Dayton or make a trip to Cleveland for a high school football game. As far as your comment about playing winnable games East played Raceland last year and beat them, playing teams that are competitive as well as better is a good thing for East. Winning games are good and helps you make the playoffs, but beating cupcake teams to make the playoffs DO NOT HELP....In 2007 made the playoffs East beat 3 teams with a winning record and got killed in the playoffs by Mechanicsburg 48-21, 2008 beat 2 teams with a winning record and once again got beat 28-19 by Springfield Central Cath., and last year beat 1 team with a winning record to make the playoffs and got beat 27-14 by Beallsville. Playing teams who are barely winning games will not help the Tartans win games come playoff time. It is time for East to see playing some of the schools they do will not help them win playoffs games, and quite frankly I'm sure the AD is aware of this as well as the football coaching staff and not just happy and content with making the playoffs. So schedule team like Raceland and Dayton Jeff will only help. I would much rather see them play Raceland rather than a team like Manchester or Unioto and teams who may win 1-2 games a year. Also talking about scheduling, you must be forgetting about East literally being put out to the slaughter by taking a trip to Prestonsburg one year and losing their whole starting key position players. No mention of that from you...or the fact that at one point East was just like some of the teams you have mentioned in previous posts who can not win games or having losing records...because I sure do remember when East was happy to have a .500 season from the fans point of view and was scheduling teams like Lewis Co. to try and start out the season with a win.

Finally, you say that you love East and will be back to going to games at East when your nephew graduates from Burg...if you are so concerned with how East performs on the field why not see if he would transfer to East to play to help out the team you love so much. But then again it is Burg...would you do the same and go to all his games a be a supporter of another school say he would attend Notre Dame or Portsmouth since you love to bash their programs and fans....just a thought.

Return to “Football”