Minford at Northwest Week 7

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Minford at Northwest Week 7

Post by NewEra »

Good time to get healthy and get some practice for Burg. No disrespect for NW intended ,but I wonder if the Minford staff will go ahead and move forward in game preparations for Wheelersburg this week, to get two weeks in of prep? I would think so. Thoughts?

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: Minford at Northwest Week 7

Post by starbase_318 »

I'd say you are 100% correct. Maybe they'll fine tune their Burg game play Friday night.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

NewEra wrote:Good time to get healthy and get some practice for Burg. No disrespect for NW intended ,but I wonder if the Minford staff will go ahead and move forward in game preparations for Wheelersburg this week, to get two weeks in of prep? I would think so. Thoughts?
I doubt they come right out and say that, but certainly there are things you could work on this week that will carry over. Stress fundamentals, continue to work on throwing the ball downfield, get the run game back on track, etc.

Defense has been very good so far giving up an average of 12 points a game, so just keep doing whatever they have been doing.

Good teams take care of business during weeks like this. My Falcons need to put in another good weak of practice and go execute well Friday night.

No matter what, you can't win next week this week. You can only beat NW, this week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

They will not get caught looking ahead. Minford should be able to control the game early and work on some things on the field while also letting some players heal up and get a few backups reps that may come in handy later on.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. As I have said about games like this before, the Falcons need to just have a good week of preparation, execute on the field for however many reps they get on Friday night then get out of the game healthy and ready to move forward. Best of luck to both teams on an injury free game, and the rest will take care of itself.

thenumber100fan
Waterboy

Post by thenumber100fan »

I dont think it will matter much...IMO. Burg will beat Minford by 40 or more

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

thenumber100fan wrote:I dont think it will matter much...IMO. Burg will beat Minford by 40 or more
We will not know about that until until week 8, this is week 7, I still believe that all SOC teams and communities over-hype the Wheelersburg game and tend to hinge the success of their season on this. IMO , any given team can win/lose on friday night , usually the winner plays the game with less mental errors and thus the "psych-out" factor comes into play, either you are already beat before you play or you try to play above your ability, make mistakes, get discouraged and beat yourself, just my opinion, Good Luck to Minford & Northwest , hope for an injury free game for both sides

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford better work on pass blocking and hitting receivers, not just 1 and getting prepaired for no huddle offense, also keep 62 and 21 off this week. Like to see the Falcons pull off the upset. Did I mention to not play a soft cushion on receivers???

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Wow, getting ahead of myself....lmao, go beat Mohawks first!!!Then the above post, but still keep 62, 21 out this week

Jorge Sandusky
Riding the Bench

Post by Jorge Sandusky »

I think everyone will see next week that Minford is a little bit overrated. They struggled with a bad west team this past week at home. Enjoy your win this week but next week will be a different story

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

minford rolls.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford rolls in this NW matchup, no need to put a score out there. Work on passing and pass protection, rest all injured starters.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Falcons will roll in their "old home stadium". hahaha.

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

this is a bye week for the falcons...rest up and prepare for the BURG

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

scarlet_gray wrote:Falcons will roll in their "old home stadium". hahaha.
That might be the best thing I've seen on here in a while!! Hahaha. Minford rests up this week, and they better be ready for the Wheelersburg Eddie Millers... I mean pirates!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Bandwagoner wrote:
scarlet_gray wrote:Falcons will roll in their "old home stadium". hahaha.
That might be the best thing I've seen on here in a while!! Hahaha. Minford rests up this week, and they better be ready for the Wheelersburg Eddie Millers... I mean pirates!
Burg has several good skill players, Miller is just the orchestrater.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Lets just hope New Era isnt a whinny winner this week! Nothing worse!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dreamweaver wrote:Lets just hope New Era isnt a whinny winner this week! Nothing worse!
Its better than some of the whinny losers on here.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

True dat.lmao

NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

Bleeding Red wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:Lets just hope New Era isnt a whinny winner this week! Nothing worse!
Its better than some of the whinny losers on here.
I've never really whined, I just share my insight, give a slightly different perspective. A lot of what I spoke of in relation to the West game was a bit different than what most share on here, and as result many disagreed. I share my views, some like, some don't, fine by me, but win or lose vs. Burg you won't see this guy whining.

Return to “Football”