game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

gipper
Riding the Bench

game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Post by gipper »

Both teams playing for possible home field in the playoffs and title of SOC champs...Thoughts???

heisback
Waterboy

Re: game of the week Oak Hill @ Symmes Valley

Post by heisback »

it will be good one,4 good running back on the field in one game

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill wins.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

good luck SV!

OH_Moose72
Freshman Team

Post by OH_Moose72 »

Oaks have played a slightly tougher schedule with the only blemish a 3 OT loss to Minford. SV's loss was to Chesapeake who the Oaks handled rather easily. I'll take the Oaks by 2 TDs, but expect a really good game down in Willowood on Friday night.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

This should be a good one. Ill take SV.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oak Hill by 2TD's

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

This game will decide the SOC I Championship! I'm pulling for Rusty and the Vikings in this one. If Coach Webb grinds this out and plays keep away from Oak Hills offense; he could come away with a Viking win!

I'm going with:

Symmes Valley 21
Oak Hill 20

buckeyenation8
Waterboy

Post by buckeyenation8 »

Making the trip down for this one. Vikings with the unlikely victory and repeat as SOC champs.

Symmes Valley 35
Oak Hill 34

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

wasnt impressed at all by the Oaks last week, I'll take SV by 15

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

Let's go Oaks! Oak Hill wins 34-18

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The game of the week is being played in Wheelersburg, not Willow Wood.

That said....I'll take the Oaks by 7+.

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

Vikings will have to play a complete game if they want to have a chance to win this one. I have not seen Oak Hill play, but have heard alot of good things about them. I'm going with my Vikes in the upset of the week, SV 21 - OH 16.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Keep thinking that Oak Hill isn't impressive, or that Symmes Valley will score 35 on them. Oak Hill's total opponents record: 23-26. Symmes Valley's total opponents record: 17-32. Oak Hill's Defense has given up a total of 45 points, which is an average of 6.42 points per game. Symmes Valley's defense has given up 118 points, which is an average of 16.85, nearly three times as more as Oak Hill's defense. Offensively, Oak Hill has scored 207 points, and average of 29.57. Symmes has scored 338 points, an average of 48.28 ppg. Mind you however, Symmes has scored 67, 62, 62 and 56 against teams with a combined record of 7-21. Plus, the only like opponents they've had so far is Chesapeake and East. Oak Hill defeated them 33-7 and 49-0. Symmes Valley lost 22-29 and won 56-14. Oak Hill's point production is 41 per game in those like opponents while only giving up 3.5 ppg. Symmes Valley's point production is 39 while giving up 21.5 ppg. Who wins? Oak Hill wins. Score? Who cares. This game is about winning for both teams. By the way, Oak Hill's defense has been scored on the least in this area, regardless of division or region.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Numbers don't always tell the whole story. For example, most of SV's opponents have scored 0 points before the entire JV team is put in at the end of the third quarter (including East.) The score was 42-0 when the JV went in at that game. Could have been another 60 point game if the varsity had played the entire game. Should be a good one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:wasnt impressed at all by the Oaks last week, I'll take SV by 15
Thats kinda crazy to say after they just beat your Titans down 30-7 last week! LOL!

Typical cry baby MD......dont give any credit where credit is due.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Keep thinking that Oak Hill isn't impressive, or that Symmes Valley will score 35 on them. Oak Hill's total opponents record: 23-26. Symmes Valley's total opponents record: 17-32. Oak Hill's Defense has given up a total of 45 points, which is an average of 6.42 points per game. Symmes Valley's defense has given up 118 points, which is an average of 16.85, nearly three times as more as Oak Hill's defense. Offensively, Oak Hill has scored 207 points, and average of 29.57. Symmes has scored 338 points, an average of 48.28 ppg. Mind you however, Symmes has scored 67, 62, 62 and 56 against teams with a combined record of 7-21. Plus, the only like opponents they've had so far is Chesapeake and East. Oak Hill defeated them 33-7 and 49-0. Symmes Valley lost 22-29 and won 56-14. Oak Hill's point production is 41 per game in those like opponents while only giving up 3.5 ppg. Symmes Valley's point production is 39 while giving up 21.5 ppg. Who wins? Oak Hill wins. Score? Who cares. This game is about winning for both teams. By the way, Oak Hill's defense has been scored on the least in this area, regardless of division or region.
Oak Hill has given up 55 points through 7 games. 20 of those came from Minford.

They are averaging less than a TD and 2 pt conversion a game.....and after watching them in week 5 its easy to see with the defensive players and effort they bring.

I was REALLY impressed with OH's defensive ends and LB's. They were pretty good up front too and the only weakness they may have on defense is in the secondary. But overall they are one of the better defenses in the area.

I have said all along since week 5 that as long as the Oaks can get through this game without error and needing the starters in till the end they have a great chance of beating Ironton. Especially after Hartley gets done with them this week.

I think since the game is at Willow Wood, SV will be playing with alot of pride and determination. Still think OH gives up less than 14 pts and wins by 2TD's.

Good luck to the Oaks.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Oak Hill has no shot what so ever at beating Ironton.
This game out at SV will be a slug fest. Should be a good one to take in. Alot on the line for both teams.
You can't look at previous games and previous scores in those games. It's all about match ups and styles.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Numbers don't always reflect what is reality but, when the opponents win-loss record factors in, the team that has the tougher schedule typically prevails. Not in every case however. In 2010, Symmes Valley was thinking the same thing as this year. They were 7-0 and Oak Hill was 6-1. The score was 14-7 at the half and ended 40-13 in favor of Oak Hill, with Westen Hale having 348 rushing yards and five touchdowns. I'm not saying that Symmes can't win this game, because they could. I just believe after last year, Oak Hill is tired of losing. Plus, if Oak Hill can take an extremely talented and well-coached Minford team into three overtimes at Minford, I firmly believe they can beat Symmes Valley at Symmes Valley.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Keep thinking that Oak Hill isn't impressive, or that Symmes Valley will score 35 on them. Oak Hill's total opponents record: 23-26. Symmes Valley's total opponents record: 17-32. Oak Hill's Defense has given up a total of 45 points, which is an average of 6.42 points per game. Symmes Valley's defense has given up 118 points, which is an average of 16.85, nearly three times as more as Oak Hill's defense. Offensively, Oak Hill has scored 207 points, and average of 29.57. Symmes has scored 338 points, an average of 48.28 ppg. Mind you however, Symmes has scored 67, 62, 62 and 56 against teams with a combined record of 7-21. Plus, the only like opponents they've had so far is Chesapeake and East. Oak Hill defeated them 33-7 and 49-0. Symmes Valley lost 22-29 and won 56-14. Oak Hill's point production is 41 per game in those like opponents while only giving up 3.5 ppg. Symmes Valley's point production is 39 while giving up 21.5 ppg. Who wins? Oak Hill wins. Score? Who cares. This game is about winning for both teams. By the way, Oak Hill's defense has been scored on the least in this area, regardless of division or region.
Just to prove a little point here about how numbers can be toyed with to manipulate a point, I'd lke to show a few more numbers to add to the above:

Oak Hill's DEFEATED opponents combined record is 16-26, while Symmes Valley's DEFEATED opponents combined record is 14-28. That's a whole lot closer now isn't it?
In Oak Hill's 6 wins their average margin of victory is 25.7 points, while Symmes Valley's average margin of victory in their 6 wins is 37.8 points. That's considerably more isn't it?
Both teams have only 1 win over teams with a winning record. Oak Hill is 1-1 in such games, while Symmes Valley is 1-0.

To be absolutely honest, I expect Oak Hill will win this game, but I hope you all see my point...only listing part of the numbers doesn't tell the whole story. I just thought I'd show that you can often times list absolute FACTS and use them in completely different fashions. The reality is, absolutely NONE of the numbers leading up to this game will score ANY points for EITHER team in this game. Best of luck to both teams.

Return to “Football”