Week 9 Trimble at Southern

Post by n4sir »

What do you think?

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Week 9 Trimble at Southern

Post by eagle25 »

N4sir wrote:What do you think?
I think Southern is going to get their azzs handed to them.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Anything's possible, but not always probable. Trouble by 3-4 TD's.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard locally on ESPN 97.1 FM and online at http://www.wyvk.com.
Last edited by hardfowl on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

Hardfowl wrote:The game can be locally on ESPN 97.1 FM and online at http://www.wyvk.com.
Wont be much to hear. Trimble will score 50 or 60 points early, then "work on things for the playoffs." :lol:

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

cougar fan were you at the trimble game last night?
Trimble was up 54-0 at half. The jv offense started the 3rd quarter. The tomcats had 2nd team offense in and ran the ball every play of the second half. Wasnt sure what u meant by your comment.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

The only question is will Southern score and break Trimbles streak of shutouts

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

Let's hope they don't

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Trimble needs to play a close game this week or next week, or they will not be ready for the playoffs. Region 23 looks really good this year and they need to know how they want to play when it is close or when it comes to NEEDING a play or stop, who will they look for. They have good players, but who will be the one to make the tackle, make the difficult catch for a first down over the middle, or running with 3-4 defenders on them. They may think they know, but they need to know for sure.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I think Fed will give them a game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trimble by 12

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

You are right indianabuck. The quarterback running show that Trimble has been using is not gonna cut it in week 10 or in the playoffs. Cats really need a passing threat. Trouble is I think it might be to late to obtain respect for that aspect of the game. Sure they have had limited success in passing the ball. However accuracy and finding the open receiver has been very poor at times.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

N4sir wrote:You are right indianabuck. The quarterback running show that Trimble has been using is not gonna cut it in week 10 or in the playoffs. Cats really need a passing threat. Trouble is I think it might be to late to obtain respect for that aspect of the game. Sure they have had limited success in passing the ball. However accuracy and finding the open receiver has been very poor at times.

Agree 100% ,Trimble needs more balance in their offense, or the teams will just crowd the box

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Conner Standley last week: 7-10-0-120 yds ... 4 touchdowns.

Seems to me coach Fairs is starting to open it up a little ... I'm 100% sure he knows his team and players better than anyone - and I wouldn't be surprised to see that type of balance (vs Belpre) be the norm the rest of the season.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

93bulldog keep watching the stats. Sure he balanced it out against Belpre. They were starting 6 or 7 freshman and Phil figured out early they were no match. So instead of running it every down he opened up the passing. It is no secret that Trimble has a decent running attack. But if they play a team that shuts down the run or keys on the quarterback they could be in a lot of trouble. I have been to or watched every game this year and to say the passing game is not hurting would be a under statement.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Luckily I have Nelsonville T.V. cable and get to see all the games (even if I can only stand to watch the first half of some of them ... lol) ... but in all the games since Wahama, there has been no need to pass ... when you outscore your opponents 230-0, it doesn't leave much room for improvement ... I was surprised to see them throw 4 TD's versus Belpre ... 10 pass attempts is more than what Nelsonville-York is doing - or a team like Oak Hill, which barely ever throws the ball.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Trimble by a bunch!

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

Trimble does have 975 passing yards as a team and is at 57% completion percentage. Thats a 122 yards a game. Not bad for a high school team in 8 games. Also they are rushing for 240 yards a game. 362 yards a game and averaging 42 points per game. since the defense is averaging giving up 128 a game and 5.63 points a game something must be working in Tomcat Land. Compare the Tomcats stats to the TVC Ohio and they fit in second in total offense and points scored, and first in total defense and first in points scored against.
Not to mention the starters havent played vs S.G., Miller, or Belpre at all in the second half it is hard to work on much passing when you have only really played 6 1/2 games on offense.
What that all mean? Trimble is not perfect but they are working each week to get better as is all teams this time of year. Im sure coach faires has a few tricks up his sleeve for the remainder of the year. Cats will be ready for weeks 9 and 10 and beyond.
Go Cats

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

The Enforcer wrote:I think Fed will give them a game
Trimble beats Fed. Hock. by 20

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

whompascat wrote: