Week 9 (1-7) Waverly @ (7-1) Minford

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Week 9 (1-7) Waverly @ (7-1) Minford

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Tigers coming off a 1 point loss at home. Minford coming off their first L of the year.

Can Minford turn the page and get back to winning this week?

Is Waverly just the victim of a tough schedule or is it more?

If Minford had won last week I thought this might be a trap game. Highly doubt that now. Between losing for the first time this year and the memory of what happened last year @ Waverly, Coach Daniels and his staff should have no problem getting the teams full attention this week.

starbase_318
Varsity

Re: Week 9 (1-7) Waverly @ (7-1) Minford

Post by starbase_318 »

Should be an interesting game. I'd say Minford in a close one only because I don't know how these two teams match up against one another.

usctrojans1
Freshman Team

Post by usctrojans1 »

We better make some changes on our special teams giving up 2 scores Friday killed us. Should be a good game.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Special teams only gave up 1 score

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well i'm a rootin for the waverly tigers.
i've adopted them since moving here.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly' schedule has been brutal. Piketon, WB, Valley, Burg, MInford and Athens I think are in the playoffs through Week 8. Is it more than just the schedule? Probably. We don't have many seniors, kids playing new positions, new offensive coordinator starting in 2011. That is a lot to handle all at once.
We have had some turnovers at the most inopportune times. Penalties that stall drives and yet we hung around at halftime against Valley and by no means were out of it against Jackson until late in the 4th quarter.
Anybody that plays that schedule and goes 4-4 has beat two very good football teams.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

Keep your heads up Waverly ! Schedule has been very tough on the Tigers this season , but more than anything I think a change is needed !

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Minford should win this game, but I wouldn't count waverly out!!

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Minford should win this game, but I wouldn't count waverly out!!
you are a true hometown hero in my book.be safe and thanks for your service.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sadly for waverly they are facing minford after a butt whipping. if minford holds onto the ball they will be winners. waverly too many holes to run through.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Minford gets a little payback for last year. Bout 350 on the ground is my guess. Back to bulldozing!!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

As long as Minford doesnt have any Burg hangover they should come away with the win in this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Waverly has a good offense. Really good quarterback and receivers. Offensive line gives him time to throw.

On the other hand, the defense is improved from past years, but they are still bad against the run. Wouldn't surprise me if minford runs for 400 yards and wins big.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford is going to be a little hot over the way they performed on offense at Burg. Turnovers, turnovers turnovers! Gotta protect the ball this week and run the wing t offense and not get too cute.

That being said, I think Minford will do well defending the pass this week but Waverly's QB is still going to make plays because he is a playmaker.

In the end I think Waverly will not slow down Minford's running game and Minford wins by 2 TD's.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

The Falcons ground game will be too much for the Tigers D to stop. Minford has already faced a top notch QB with Piketon, so Friday night's Seniors night will result in a win.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mglight88 wrote:The Falcons ground game will be too much for the Tigers D to stop. Minford has already faced a top notch QB with Piketon, so Friday night's Seniors night will result in a win.
I agree. Brabson from Piketon is by far the best passer Minford has faced this year. He is very accurate and has tons of zip on the ball.

Having seen Waverly's QB for the past 2 years he is a good passer but I think our DB's will be up for the challenge.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think this will be a high scoring game. Waverly is one of those teams that when you see them, they seem to have good athletes all over the place, but they just can't put it together for a whole game. Bolin-Hitchens has a nice arm and some receivers that can be dangerous, but he can't seem to get enough time to throw. He was able to complete 22/34 for 252 yards last week, but Minford's defense should fare better than West. I see Minford pulling away for a 42-28 win.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West played a version of the 4-2-5 against Waverly. I'm glad we did as it somewhat contained their passing game. We did however play several really young guys that hadn't played coverage like that before so their were a few breakdowns. Minford is much more experienced in the secondary, so they shouldn't have much trouble.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Falcons just work on things for the playoffs in this one.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MinFalcon wrote:Falcons just work on things for the playoffs in this one.

I dont think so! That is not the attitude that the coaches and players will have for this one, I assure you!

Last year Minford built up a big lead in the first half to watch Waverly chip away with it and win the game.

This years team is not comparable to last year's team as a whole....there isnt any quit in them.

I think Waverly will have some success throwing the ball and Minford should be able to take away the little running game Waverly has this year.

I think it will be close at the half with Minford pulling away by 2TD's. But this is not a glorified practice MinFalcon.

Return to “Football”