WEEK 9: Symmes Valley (6-2{2-1}) @ Notre Dame (6-2{2-1})

Axe N Shield
Varsity

WEEK 9: Symmes Valley (6-2{2-1}) @ Notre Dame (6-2{2-1})

Post by Axe N Shield »

Any thoughts?

Jesco White
S

Re: WEEK 9: Symmes Valley (6-2{2-1}) @ Notre Dame (6-2{2-1})

Post by Jesco White »

Should be a good game. I expect Symmes Valley to pound the ball and try to wear ND down. I look for coach Ashley and his staff to have their kids focused on eliminating the type of mental errors that plagued them against Oak Hill. If the Titans can do that, I believe they are talented enough to play with and beat the Vikings. Best of luck to both teams.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Valley by 20.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I like the Vikings here by multiple scores.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Symmes Valley 35
Notre Dame 21

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Mistake free ball game by either side takes it this week. Does that ever happen in high school play? Never. But whoever limits the penalties on offense and doesn't let up big scores on defense prevails in this one. This isn't last year and it's def not at Symmes Valley so the Titans start with a 0-0 score. Both played Oak Hill well but I look for ND to capitalize with their speed and maybe do something different than Symmes hasn't seen on film.

Titans defense has been stepping up more and more and Oak Hill found that out when it was a 7-7 ballgame and almost down 14-7. But ND can't let the wheels fall off in the 2nd quarter or else Symmes will punch in a few td's and make it hard to come back out after halftime.

Should be a great game and good luck to both teams.

ND - 34
Symmes Valley - 28

Smashmouth
Waterboy

Post by Smashmouth »

[quote="JS7_22"]Mistake free ball game by either side takes it this week. Does that ever happen in high school play? Never. But whoever limits the penalties on offense and doesn't let up big scores on defense prevails in this one. This isn't last year and it's def not at Symmes Valley so the Titans start with a 0-0 score......"

If you're implying that the Vikings' victory over ND last year was due to getting the shaft at SV, then you are sadly mistaken. Should be a good game IMO.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Nope, just good to start out 0 - 0 without taking a punch to the gut in the 1st.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

I'm not implying they should have won due to a bad call, SV was tough last year and deserved the win. I'm just saying that it's nice to feel like you start a game 0-0 on the field.

But that is beside the point, I'm looking for a good hard hitting game that the fans deserve. Blow outs are fun, but close games make high school football what it really is.

gipper
Riding the Bench

Post by gipper »

The team who scores the most points will come out ahead this week!

SV-34
ND-22

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

ND needs to work this week on eliminating turnovers...they have had way too many fumbles this season. If they take care of the ball, and stay disciplined as far as penalties go, they can win this game. I expect both crowds to be into this game!

I'm not the greatest at playoff math....do the Titans need to beat SV to be in the playoffs?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

scarlet_gray wrote:ND needs to work this week on eliminating turnovers...they have had way too many fumbles this season. If they take care of the ball, and stay disciplined as far as penalties go, they can win this game. I expect both crowds to be into this game!

I'm not the greatest at playoff math....do the Titans need to beat SV to be in the playoffs?
Unless Fairfield or River lose one of thier last two games, Portsmouth probably has to win this one to make it.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Hannibal looks as though they will defintely win their last two games.
I cannot tell for FFC. It looks as though their last two games could be close -- but they do have homefield advantage.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Moot point anyway. ND will not beat SV.
Last edited by MinFalcon on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

First of all, it is moot point not mute point.
Secondly, it is not a moot point. If FFC loses one of their two remaining games then ND could still lose to SV and possibly make the playoffs at an 8 seed.
Thirdly, if you saw ND play Oak Hill you would realize they can play with SV. They were physically as good as Oak Hill. They were beat,as they should have been, because of execution and mental mistakes. OH scored 16 points in 4 minutes (out of 48). The second half was a stalemate until the final score at 1:29 left.
Oak hill is a disciplined team.

My point: if ND is healthy and avoids the mental and execution mistakes they can win. I could not really say that if they were physically overmatched.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

ND needs to prepare for it's last two games as if it were play-off football. To make it to week 11 with hopes of playing in week 12 they must win out. Beating SV would be a huge statement that they belong in the post season mix. One week at a time of course. Play smart, play hard and take care of the football and the Titans will beat the Vikings.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Symmes Valley grounds out win against Titans

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

I have seen both play, twice in fact, I'm telling you now. ND will not beat SV.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Excuse my lack of knowledge with the Head Coaching positions with local football programs but, is Bob Ashley the HC at ND? Not a plug or stab at anybody; I honestly don't remember who it is!

Vikingcountry
Waterboy

Post by Vikingcountry »

I am hard core Viking fan and I think Viking's will win. But I also think this game will be closer than what people think. We are playing on their home turf and from eveything I've seen they played pretty well against OH. That being said, if anyone was at the Symmes Valley/OH game last week, Symmes Valley played the better game. They also had some huge mistakes, block punt that ended in a TD and also had to TD called back. One was a good call and one was not. Mistakes are part of the game and SV made more than OH. I believe SV will win this, but not by much.

Return to “Football”