Nelsonville-York (7-2, 4-0) vs Athens (8-1, 4-0)

Who wons?

Total votes: 0

buckeye_nut
Waterboy

Nelsonville-York (7-2, 4-0) vs Athens (8-1, 4-0)

Post by buckeye_nut »

Thoughts??

thechosenone
Varsity

Re: Start it now.......Buckeyes & Bulldogs

Post by thechosenone »

HAVE to say them bulldogs takes this one.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Seen both teams play and I say Bucks get britches pulled down and spanked, secondary will get lite up.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Will Hootie be doing this game? :lol:

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Bout time for ny folks to join the complaint department of athens dominating the tvc.

No paint on the wall this season yorkers!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

BUCKEYES WIN !!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm not sure how everyone else feels - but I'm looking forward to this game more so than last years I think ... there is more of a mystery and intrigue into what's going to happen next Friday ... can the Buckeyes defense slow down the Bulldogs? Can the Athens defense slow down the Buckeyes rushing attack? I mean, everything about the game is a big questionmark, IMO.

Last year we knew we had two awesome football teams and everything seemed dead even between them ... this years game is totally different.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Need a great week of preparation It's time to get back the two trophies that belong too us GO BUCKEYES Beat Athens

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the Dogs take this one. The Athens offense will be too much for the Bucks. If course, I was wrong last year so I hope the streak continues!

Go Bucks!

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Calpreps says 40-31 Bulldogs on a neutral field.

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

They are not playing on a Neutral Field they are playing at Boston Field which is never easy to come out of their with a win.
athens has not won at Boston field since 2003. They have also not won back to back in this series since 2002 and 2003. Could they do it again?
Last time they did it an Ohio U. football coach's son named Gregory was QB. Could History repeat itself with Burrow who is also a ohio u. coaches son??
Should be a dandy. early on I was thinking athens by a bunch but now that its week 10 i am starting to lean to NY. its a toss up. I say whoever turns it over less wins this one.
Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Anyone who predicts the exact score for both teams wins a Sultan of Smack t shirt. Post your predictions on the Rusty Martin Postgame Show facebook page.

Best of luck to both teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

teufelhunden wrote:Anyone who predicts the exact score for both teams wins a Sultan of Smack t shirt. Post your predictions on the Rusty Martin Postgame Show facebook page.

Best of luck to both teams.
the link to the page .... http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/509662379047144/

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

NY seems to be alot better since week 1 and 2.
This maybe a team Athens needs to be ready for and not thinking of week 11.
This will be and should be a good hard fought game let's just hope both teams come out injury free

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

maniac66 wrote:NY seems to be alot better since week 1 and 2.
This maybe a team Athens needs to be ready for and not thinking of week 11.
This will be and should be a good hard fought game let's just hope both teams come out injury free
week 11?

really?

who gives a hoot about week 11 ... everyone knows (including the players) this is the game.

TWO COUNTY TEAMS, SEPERATED BY ONLY A FEW MILES, PLAYING FOR AN OUTRIGHT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ... week 11 is just an afterthought.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Just stating from what is read some this people game is after thought.
They are talking match ups already with Gallia in first round.
So some do give a hoot about week 11 all I said it should be a good game NY has been playing better and they may give Athens all they want and more is all.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

I'm taking the Dogs all the way in this one

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

According to eitel Athens is not in the playoff yet, and needs a win to get in. NY is in the same boat. If someone is thinking week 11, it is not guaranteed on either side. This game is for EVERYTHING for the winner. TVC and playoffs for the winner and basketball season for the loser.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Only the people who run their mouth and like to talk about football all the time (me included) are discussing the playoffs ... lol

The players have had their sights set on this match-up for at least a month now ... the only game(s) that may have been in danger of being overlooked took place last night ... now that NY took care of VC and Athens beat Meigs - next Friday is all that matters ... I'm sure people are aware that neither team (or any team from this area) is going to win a state title this year - it makes winning the league championship, the Doc Kroner Trophy, bragging rights, etc... etc ... a pretty big deal.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

93Bulldog wrote:Only the people who run their mouth and like to talk about football all the time (me included) are discussing the playoffs ... lol

The players have had their sights set on this match-up for at least a month now ... the only game(s) that may have been in danger of being overlooked took place last night ... now that NY took care of VC and Athens beat Meigs - next Friday is all that matters ... I'm sure people are aware that neither team (or any team from this area) is going to win a state title this year - it makes winning the league championship, the Doc Kroner Trophy, bragging rights, etc... etc ... a pretty big deal.

I agree Let's just hope for a safe and well played game for both teams.
I have no gog in this fight so to speak but reguardless I want to see the best team win and represent SE ohio well.

Return to “Football”