SEOPS HO

Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thoughts?

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 10 Whelersburg @ West

Post by coop »

Burg bounces back in a big way, secures home game.

34-12

wheelersburg fan 89
Riding the Bench

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

if it took 4quarters of west's starters to rack up 5td's against one of the worst schools in the state of ohio... then this will be ugly wen they step out with the burg. granted, its SOC play, and the senators will obviously be playing with more enthusiasm then against northwest, i understand that. put in my honest opinion, this game will be close for the first quarter, then the pirates speed & skill will show thru and pull away.

da BURG: 42
West: 12

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

After seeing Burg in person, I hate to say it but West could possibly get shut out again at home. Burg has an excellent defense

Riding the Bench

Post by 007 »

You said the same thing about Valley :lol: :lol: :lol:

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I've seen crazier stuff happen, but burg by at least 21

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Hopefully the Pirates come out with a fire in their gut and put this game away early and secure a home playoff game.

SiderGuy12
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderGuy12 »

There is always a possibility for an upset. I think this game will be closer than most may think. If the senators defense can step up and limit penalties on offense then it'll be a good game. I always have hope in my siders!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I look for Burg to run run run run!!! And run some more!!! Wait, that didnt work last week!!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I think if our defense continues to improve like it has we have a chance to be in this one. But definitely have to play mistake free ball for 4 quarters.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Our defense has improved. Still playing the 4 man fronts and I'm really glad to see it. Last week in the 3rd northwest went to two tights and run the ball well. Went back 5-2 and stopped them.

In the future, we just need a lineup that can easily transition from the nickel or 4-3 to the 5-2 based on formation.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

This one will get UGLY very quick!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

ahaha..it's the schizophrenic guy that isn't sure what team he is for! hes so smart. ;-)

Good Luck West but got to go with Burg this year.(much as I hate to)

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

its hard to guess a score on a game like this. Burg will score as many as they want, which they will probably put alot of their second and third string in at the second half since the score will most likely be Burg in the 40s and west 0 at half time.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I would have bet the farm that Burg would have blasted Valley. I am going to have to base my prediction on that. I say this game is closer than anyone predicts. Too many variables. Last game for Seniors. West at home. No one is giving them a chance. And Burg will not be prepared mentally. Hope they r looking ahead. Someone made the comment about only hanging 5 TDs on Northwest, is my point on not being in it mentally.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

wheelersburg fan 89 wrote:if it took 4quarters of west's starters to rack up 5td's against one of the worst schools in the state of ohio... then this will be ugly wen they step out with the burg. granted, its SOC play, and the senators will obviously be playing with more enthusiasm then against northwest, i understand that. put in my honest opinion, this game will be close for the first quarter, then the pirates speed & skill will show thru and pull away.

da BURG: 42
West: 12
That score was no indication of how the game could've went. I saw coach trying different things and not sure why but I didn't see Crace run the ball and another good lineman was not playing for some reason. Go West believe in yourselves!!!!

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

West Sider 1993... I am not sure I follow your logic. you base your prediction as a"closer game than anyone predicts" off of Valley beating the Burg in a close one but didn't Valley shut West out 30-0??? How does a close loss to Valley support a closer than expected game for West with the Burg? Sorry, Just not following very well..,
I belive Burg will be just too much for West. maybe by as much as 3 scores.
Last edited by Ichthus on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Regardless of outcome, I would like to see West compete for four quarters. Young team. Even playing them tough could do wonders for the mindset in the offseason.

Basically to have a chance to win the game, you have to first be in the game. Get to the fourth quarter close and all the pressure is on wheelersburg.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Everybody is so darn smart on here! Lol

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

If West players believe they can play with Burg they will do fine. If they start listening to outsiders saying they dont stand a chance then it will get out of hand. Good luck West play hard for 4 quarters.

Return to “Football”