Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Post by ACCBiggz »

1 9-0 St Clairsville 25.9078
2 6-3 Ironton 20.1056
3 7-2 Johnstown-Monroe 14.9833
4 8-1 Minford 13.9333
5 7-2 Piketon 12.3639
6 5-4 Indian Valley 11.1970
7 6-3 Harrison Central 8.9333
8 5-4 Martins Ferry 8.5944
9 3-6 Zane Trace 8.3694
10 4-5 Bloom-Carroll 8.1167
11 5-4 Unioto 7.6889
12 4-5 Chesapeake 7.0420
13 3-6 Amanda-Clearcreek 6.4500

Obviously, there are some quality teams but overall is this the worst the region has ever been as a whole? I mean, Zane Trace is sitting 9th, one spot back of the playoffs, with wins over McClain, Paint Valley, and Huntington. Wow. And that's just to point out one. Outside of the top four teams no one else is impressive and it seems as if any team have had even a mediocre year they might get in. Ugly, ugly region this year -- in my opinion.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Post by danicalifornia »

Well Piketon is sitting 5th and had Minford beat in week 3, so besides a poor showing against Westfall, they have been very impressive so far.

The overall depth of the region is bad, but it should have a couple of good openers and then it will be tough to advance to the final four. It isn't like 16 teams are making it, so overall depth shouldn't matter.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Take Hartley out of this region, like the past two years, and it is the worst by far in Division IV. Ironton is down by Ironton standards. St. Clairsville looks to have a pretty good team. A couple of good teams after that, then a lot of mediocre play.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Regions, like divisions, like leagues, like counties fluctuate in talent year to year. Will the state champion or runner up come from this region, probably not, but their are some quality teams and will be some good week 1 matchups as well.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

IF Unioto wins Friday against Paint Valley, they are in! Martins Ferry and Harrison Central will get beat this week.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

danicalifornia wrote:Well Piketon is sitting 5th and had Minford beat in week 3, so besides a poor showing against Westfall, they have been very impressive so far.

The overall depth of the region is bad, but it should have a couple of good openers and then it will be tough to advance to the final four. It isn't like 16 teams are making it, so overall depth shouldn't matter.
Piketon and westfall game much closer than score.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it is what it is, week 11 should be everybodies short term goal. who cares after that. they all have the same records, and anybody can get hot.

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

bengalfan76 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Well Piketon is sitting 5th and had Minford beat in week 3, so besides a poor showing against Westfall, they have been very impressive so far.

Piketon and westfall game much closer than score.
If they were to play again, the outcome would be the same. :aaaaa67

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Hate to say it but I think everyone is pretty much playing for state runner up behind Hartley they are just stacked.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

bman wrote:Take Hartley out of this region, like the past two years, and it is the worst by far in Division IV. Ironton is down by Ironton standards. St. Clairsville looks to have a pretty good team. A couple of good teams after that, then a lot of mediocre play.
I don't know how down Ironton is for a Div 4 team they defeated every team close to their size and destroyed Div 5 No1 ranked Oak Hill this past week they defeated Gallia Academy who is 5th in Div 3 Minford beat Oak Hill in OT and they sit just below Ironton. True they are not steam rolling teams like they used to but they have reduced enrollment just like everyone else in our area even at 6-3 may be the best team in this region.
They play a schedule no other team from our area would dream of playing. I think football in general along with basketball is down because of the loss of athletes and bodies overall in the entire state. Just look at the college recruiting sites and the top 150 kids in football used to be Ohio had quite a few in these rankings close to the top now I think the highest kid in the 150 from Ohio is like 27th and almost every kid in the rankings is from Texas,Georgia,Florida,Cal,Louisiana,Alabama because the jobs have for the most part moved south to accommodate wages the parents of most kids have followed.I really don't understand the move to 7 divisions in football with the declining numbers unless it's all about the good old $$$ dollar. Next year your going to see prob 2-3 teams with 5-5 records or worse in every region make the playoffs I personally think it's great for the kids and the communities.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

But how far do you water the drink before it is just water?

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Only 2 teams in this region that have any chance to win the region or make it to a state state semi final match up and that's St. Clairsville and Ironton. The rest of the teams in this region are not on the same level this year.I watched piketon play one game this season and they did not play at what I would call a competetive level.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

It will definitely come down to ironton and st.Clairsville for this region. 3-8 are not even in the conversation!

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Rvbballdude wrote:
bman wrote:Take Hartley out of this region, like the past two years, and it is the worst by far in Division IV. Ironton is down by Ironton standards. St. Clairsville looks to have a pretty good team. A couple of good teams after that, then a lot of mediocre play.
I don't know how down Ironton is for a Div 4 team they defeated every team close to their size and destroyed Div 5 No1 ranked Oak Hill this past week they defeated Gallia Academy who is 5th in Div 3 Minford beat Oak Hill in OT and they sit just below Ironton. True they are not steam rolling teams like they used to but they have reduced enrollment just like everyone else in our area even at 6-3 may be the best team in this region.
They play a schedule no other team from our area would dream of playing. I think football in general along with basketball is down because of the loss of athletes and bodies overall in the entire state. Just look at the college recruiting sites and the top 150 kids in football used to be Ohio had quite a few in these rankings close to the top now I think the highest kid in the 150 from Ohio is like 27th and almost every kid in the rankings is from Texas,Georgia,Florida,Cal,Louisiana,Alabama because the jobs have for the most part moved south to accommodate wages the parents of most kids have followed.I really don't understand the move to 7 divisions in football with the declining numbers unless it's all about the good old $$$ dollar. Next year your going to see prob 2-3 teams with 5-5 records or worse in every region make the playoffs I personally think it's great for the kids and the communities.
Ironton is not down this year! If any team in our region ( except st.Clairsville) played irontons schedule they would be 1-8 or 2-6 at best. Maybe even 0-9. Lol.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Yea, with the amount of seniors Ironton has, the experience they have had in past years(these seniors), the speed of the Lewis kid, you would think they'd be better than they are.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

maniac66 wrote:But how far do you water the drink before it is just water?
It don't matter the cream always rises to the top,your not adding games to the end of the season just a total division.
I think it will make it more competitive

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="bman"]Take Hartley out of this region, like the past two years, and it is the worst by far in Division IV. Ironton is down by Ironton standards. St. Clairsville looks to have a pretty good team. A couple of good teams after that, then a lot of mediocre play.[/quote]

Hartley is not in region 15

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

All of you may be right! But that's why we play the game....upsets can happen...not likely...but that's why we play the games. Just glad to see teams have the opportunity to play in week 11. That's a great thing for any football program....It's all about the kids....right? Let them have fun and enjoy the moment.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

All I can say is: after seeing piketon play....WOW!!......if they make the playoffs this region is extremely weak! Not trying to single anyone out but 3 thrue 8 are very weak for D4 playoffs!

bvarn10
Waterboy

Post by bvarn10 »

RAILROADN wrote:All I can say is: after seeing piketon play....WOW!!......if they make the playoffs this region is extremely weak! Not trying to single anyone out but 3 thrue 8 are very weak for D4 playoffs!
I sure hope you're a child, and if you're not I feel sorry for you. Even though you may believe this, what person comes and bashes a high school football team? There is no place for ignorance like this.

Return to “Football”