S

Re: Belpre vs Waterford

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre 27 Waterford 0

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Way to go EAGLES. Congrats to Coach Adams and the EAGLES on moving in the right direction this season. Looks like the EAGLES are back, great momentum for next year.

GO EAGLES!!!

gp7
Waterboy

Post by gp7 »

It is good to see Belpre's season end with an impressive win. Way to go players & coaches.

deepthreat2012
Waterboy

Post by deepthreat2012 »

looks like the eagles need to move to the ohio division again

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

ok, let's just calm down for a minute and try to keep things in perspective. the eagles are back? need to move back to the ohio division? belpre won 4 games this year, granted which is more than i thought they would, but those four wins were against teams with a combined 9 wins. i agree they are moving in the right direction given they only won 1 game the previous three seasons, but let's not put the horse in front of the cart. the tvc hocking is one of the weakest, if not THE weakest, football conference in the state. no disrespect meant to anyone, trimble and wahama have fine programs and turn out good teams pretty much every year. but top to bottom it's just not very good. belpre's enrollment is also shrinking, as is participation in football (there were only 25 or so kids on the team this year to start and they finished with fewer). they will graduate 6-7 seniors which only leaves about 15 or so returning players. not sure how many 8th graders are coming up but probably not more than 5-6. if some of the players decide not to play next year and some grades don't improve, there may not be enough to realistically field a team. i hope they can. there are good kids there that deserve the best and i wish them well. bottom line, rebuilding a program is a process and the steps must be followed one at a time. don't rush it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Hey Fort Frye only has 25 kids and they are playoff bound.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Great season for a very very young group of kids. They gained a lot of game experience and confidence. Not quite ready to come back to the Ohio side just yet. But give them a couple years and they may give the top teams a run for their money on the Hocking side. Good luck in the future Eagles.

Return to “Football”