Week 12 Gallia Ac v.s Thurgood Marshall

Post by kvnchambers »

game at western brown high school
i don't know if these stats are accurate came from max preps
thurgood marshall averaging 469 yards total offense per game
409 rushing and 60 passing.
they run a wing-t offense double wing formation: sound familiar

according to this they have only thrown ball 40 times all year
4td's zero interception averaging about 30 yards a completion when they do hit 1.

rushing attemps yards avg td's
worthy 83 904 10.89 14
copeland 112 1348 12.04 15
norvell 191 1839 9.63 34

awesome rushing attack
according to pasteurs website they are # 56 in the state number 1 in d-3
strength of schedule is 371 toughest common opponent beat chillicothie 56-6 their only loss came to 48 ranked team in state. best wins were against teams ranked #163,174, and 220
gallia academy ranked 176 in state 25th in d-3 strength of schedule 359 common opponent chillicothie beat 20-7 loses were to teams ranked 104 and 159 best wins were against teams 179 and 205

let the discussion begin.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: gallia academy v.s thurgood marshall week 12

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

We'll be pulling for you guys in Bulldog country, good luck Gallia!

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Well I guess when you run that much per game there is no need to pass. Very quick team . Have seen 3 games and it just takes a nudge of a block and the back gets thru and by then it's bye bye often to the end zone . Luckily for us they run more than pass as their strength. Speed to ball and gang tackling will be a must for us to stop them. It will be a tough challenge for Gallia to stop the run but it is possible. I'm optimistic that we can keep this close. Being the number one d3 team, we will need to bring a defensively A game to win . Offensively, they can counter with speed so all the long runs we have had will probably be minimized. Ground and pound and effective passing will be the key. Long slow drives keeping their offense off the field should be a goal.
Good luck Blue ,I'm gonna be there ready for an upset.
Ps sure miss Bevo running down everyone's posts. I believe he once said Gallia if they make playoffs couldn't win . Well Bevo you didn't get that right now did you.?
Last edited by dewdrinker on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Post by bballmaniac »

Sound like we'll be playing ironton again! Haha all rushing, no passing. Blue devils have a great rush defense. You don't get through Gragg or Williams very much on the ground. 8)

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

bballmaniac wrote:Sound like we'll be playing ironton again! Haha all rushing, no passing. Blue devils have a great rush defense. You don't get through Gragg or Williams very much on the ground. 8)

Probably a little quicker than Ironton. :((

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

dewdrinker wrote:Well I guess when you run that much per game there is no need to pass. Very quick team . Have seen 3 games and it just takes a nudge of a block and the back gets thru and by then it's bye bye often to the end zone . Luckily for us they run more than pass as their strength. Speed to ball and gang tackling will be a must for us to stop them. It will be a tough challenge for Gallia to stop the run but it is possible. I'm optimistic that we can keep this close. Being the number one d3 team, we will need to bring a defensively A game to win . Offensively, they can counter with speed so all the long runs we have had will probably be minimized. Ground and pound and effective passing will be the key. Long slow drives keeping their offense off the field should be a goal.
Good luck Blue ,I'm gonna be there ready for an upset.
Ps sure miss Bevo running down everyone's posts. I believe he once said Gallia if they make playoffs couldn't win . Well Bevo you didn't get that right now did you.?
bevo was wrong about the record and we eeeked out a playoff game
great season by the kids after all that is who it is about

YOU CAN WATCH THEM HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am4JNGo1Xa8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSUKJwVGsFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUizewsl8yg

as you watch these videos please notice the size of the players,there are several div 1 athletes on TM
Last edited by bevo on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK GA!!!

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Archbishop Mcknick is not in SEOAL. They were a playoff team that Gallia beat. Your early year comment was Gallia is horrible and so is the seoal so maybe the seoal is weak but Gallia did win a playoff game, of which you said they wouldn't along with a bunch of needless smack. nothing said about how bad we were going to beat Thurgood Marshall and I never said Gallia was going to win the state championship so I am not unrealistic in what I say just that that's what I think it would take to beat them. . enjoying a good year for the kids. Good luck GAHS .

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Like to see Gallia win and I think they can they are a tough team and hungery.
Ball control will be a big key to this one and Gallia can control the ball Good Luck GAlli and get that win.

Herd554
Waterboy

Post by Herd554 »

Bevo I read your posts before editing and must admit you changed your heart. The SEOAL is a good league and while some teams may be down they prepared the team for last nights battle. I have seen several of our athletes perform at state level competition in Cross Country where they beat faster runners but due to their preparation and the proper time to peak they beat those runners. Football is a game that requires mental and physical preparation and those kids have done all a coach could ask. As long as those kids keep slugging I will give them a chance. This team has put in long hours to prepare for those games and will cherish the memories for the rest of their life. Also team remember when you look around the stadium and see thousands of spectators they are there for you and you only not naysayers. As Coach asks you before every game " Blue Devils what is your profession?" The answer is Gladiators.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Go Gallia! Gallia is a darn good football team this year. Good Luck, hope it is a win!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Hey Gallia Academy fans....go early and eat at Butterbees in Mt. Orab....very good and great before game atmosphere.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Is this field grass or Turf? Anybody have direction to the field?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This game is the mismatch of the week. Marshall is going to rip Gallia pretty good. You'll be entertained watching Norvell and Copeland running the ball. Simply put -- too much speed, too talented and too physical for Gallia. I expect this one can get out of hand quickly. Truly a mismatch. I look for them in the title game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GAHS7462 wrote:Is this field grass or Turf? Anybody have direction to the field?
Take 35 to 32....go around 82 miles....take RT 68 exit ramp (Mt Orab/Fayetteville)...turn LEFT

then go about a mile and stop at Butterbees on left, then continue on that direction for a few blocks and turn right on Main Street....go about a mile on Main and turn right on Campus Ave.

From Gallipolis it'll be about 120 easy 4 lane miles 99% of the way. I'd leave 4 hours before kickoff to eat at Butterbees and still get there around an hour before the game.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

GAHS7462 wrote:Is this field grass or Turf? Anybody have direction to the field?
The stadium has field turf at Western Brown High School.
---
Northwest to Jackson on 35, exit onto 32 West (Left at Appalachian Highway).

Exit off of 32 at US 68 in Mt. Orab, make a left onto 68 South.

Turn Right (West) on Main Street (Tri-County Hwy).

Turn Right on Campus Drive.

About 114 miles one-way from Gallipolis, roughly two hours.
---
The Mt. Orab exit on US 68 is where the Arby's, Skyline Chili and Food Court are located.

There are McDonald's located in Peebles and Seaman, and there is also a Gold Star Chili in Seaman for those looking for food on the way. You will also have access to two rest areas on 32 after Jackson, one a ways after Piketon and another just before the US 68 exit. Both require left turns for entry, as they are on the eastbound lane side.

The potential for deer is great pretty much the whole way on 32. It's a boring drive, but really scenic in spots - especially in the daytime.

Western Brown High School is also about 20 minutes away from Eastgate, for anyone looking to shop.

Have a good, safe trip everyone.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

While you're at it....there are 5 kinda unnecessary traffic lights after the one at Holzer Hospital in Jackson....if you go about 65-67 MPH you'll hit them all green (little trick I've learned from 15 years of driving that way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

There is also a very good LaRosa's right off the right side of RT 68 ramp in Mt. Orab....for those in the pizza mood

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Ironman92 wrote:While you're at it....there are 5 kinda unnecessary traffic lights after the one at Holzer Hospital in Jackson....if you go about 65-67 MPH you'll hit them all green (little trick I've learned from 15 years of driving that way.
Slap on some Blue and we'll all follow you.

:122245

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The deer will be heaviest in Pike Co from route 104 to a mile past the rest area....especially on the ride home.

Watch for speed trap cop at Seaman.

Return to “Football”