Wahama 38 Buffalo 0

hardfowl
All State

Wahama 38 Buffalo 0

Post by hardfowl »

Big win for the White Falcons in round 1 of the WV Class A playoffs!

robycop3
All State

Re: Wahama 38 Buffalo 0

Post by robycop3 »

I would like to see Wahama win a state title. They were perenially good when I was in school at Vinson in the 60s and afterwards, & I thought they'd won a champoinship somewhere along the way. However, I found out last year that they hadn't.

I remember always receiving a first-class welcome from the Wahama community whenever we went there for any athletic contest. I am cheering them on.....

implantcat
Riding the Bench

Post by implantcat »

Did the lights stay on the entire game?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

implantcat wrote:Did the lights stay on the entire game?
Lights weren't an issue. Game was played on the turf at Point Pleasant.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wahama needs to get Athens on their schedule

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Athens is always looking to play smaller schools. I am sure it could get worked out. The lights at Point worked great. We are considering installing some that are at least as good as the ones in glouster that catch on fire every other year.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Titletown TVC wrote:Athens is always looking to play smaller schools. I am sure it could get worked out. The lights at Point worked great. We are considering installing some that are at least as good as the ones in glouster that catch on fire every other year.
I have had discussion about this and have been told the fire from the lights is part of the show. It creates smoke much like NY has coming out of that helmet they have their players run through. Trimble can't afford one of those fog machines, so they just use the smoke from the light fire. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Titletown TVC wrote:Athens is always looking to play smaller schools. I am sure it could get worked out. The lights at Point worked great. We are considering installing some that are at least as good as the ones in glouster that catch on fire every other year.
I'm not wanting Athens to play a small school. I wanting Wahama to play Athens. If Wahama wants to play in the TVC they need to play the big boys. Wahama seems to be a good football school so lets move them up.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

You are kidding right? I never understood the idea of taking this years good small school and asking them to compete in the future in a bigger league. This years team wont be playing next year. Not to mention Wahama has 130 boys in grades 9-12. Seems to me they are competing right where they need to be. It is well documented that our time is coming and soon it will be someone elses turn to dominate the hocking. If waterford has a good year next year are we going to move them up to the ohio division? Come on get a clue.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

noreply66 wrote:
I'm not wanting Athens to play a small school. I wanting Wahama to play Athens. If Wahama wants to play in the TVC they need to play the big boys. Wahama seems to be a good football school so lets move them up.
This reminds me of a few short years ago when some fans of various SEOAL teams were saying Logan should step up to one of the leagues in the Columbus area. Logan did not abide by that demand, and I bet they are glad they did not.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Wahama plays in the weakest league in Ohio and they play their plaoffs in the weakest state in the country. All against schools the same size as them and smaller so Why would they wana change anything?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

G.W.A. wrote:Wahama plays in the weakest league in Ohio and they play their plaoffs in the weakest state in the country. All against schools the same size as them and smaller so Why would they wana change anything?
The fact still remains that they are playing with players from that state you are referring to. So if you are correct, they are bringing players from an inferior state to a conference in superior state and have never lost a game. They are also doing well in the state from which their players are from. It is not like they have a team full of players from Texas, and are playing in Ohio and West Virginia with those players. So I see your point, and I agree with you that they are doing well with the situation they are in.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Wahama is a great fit in the Hocking, I think their being part of that league only drives the other teams to get better and compete at a higher level. I don't know about future games with Athens but I'd love to see them in a series with Nelsonville-York (even though both appear to be losing a lot and may be down for a year or two).

Return to “Football”