Valley football 2013

Jankage11
Waterboy

Valley football 2013

Post by Jankage11 »

I see the linup looking mainly senior dominated and should have another successful year !

Offense:
Wr: clark-holbrok, baker, shope, west, brown
Rb: arnett, jordan, B. howard(so.), d. Wolford(so.)
Qb: rolfe(so.) .... Possibly shope
T: miller , miller
G:bradley , loop
C: spradlin(so.)
Te: dunn(can play anywhere on the line), wolford

Defense:
Cb: shope, brown, clark-holbrok, b. howard
S: jordan, flowers, rolfe
Lb: outside: baker, ???? Maybe move jordan, clark-holbrok, or flowers from db?
Inside: arnett, wolford, delotell(so.)
Dt: loop, miller, spradlin
De: dunn, miller

Should be another successful year for the indians

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Valley football 2013

Post by nutronron2012 »

I look for Valley to be better on both sides of the ball. Is valley dropping to Division 6 and does anyone have the 2013 schedule?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

nutronron2012 wrote:I look for Valley to be better on both sides of the ball. Is valley dropping to Division 6 and does anyone have the 2013 schedule?
I think pretty much everyone is dropping a division since the OHSAA is adding the 7th division. So they probably will be D 6 but so will almost all of the D 5 schools from this past season and the D 6 schools from this past year will be D 7. At least that's how I understand it.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

not all are dropping about half will be. i dont think wynford is dropping down which is a shame. i dont think west is either but i may be wrong on that.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Jankage11 wrote:I see the linup looking mainly senior dominated and should have another successful year !

Offense:

Defense:

Valley's 2013 team is going to be loaded with a boatload of talent next season. They appear to be deep on the bench in the skilled positions. They need to get in the weightroom a get ready for a repeat performance of the past two years. Valley is capable of making this a 3peat in the SOC 2 and I believe it will happen. Valley's toughest opponent next season........."THEMSELVES". GO INDIANS!!!!!!!! :aaaaa59

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jankage11 wrote:I see the linup looking mainly senior dominated and should have another successful year !

Offense:

Defense:

Dont forget about Matt Hodge. He had alot of snaps at DE this year and he will see alot more time on the offensive side of the ball. He has world class speed (yes, i said it world class speed) he is quite possibly the fastest guy in the county and one of the fastest in the state. He is already projected as #1 in the state in hurdles this spring when the track season starts. He will be a part of this very senior dominated team next year.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

does hodge play ant rb? he is 1 kid i dont know much about but if hw has that kind of speed i say get him the ball.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

izladoom wrote:does hodge play ant rb? he is 1 kid i dont know much about but if hw has that kind of speed i say get him the ball.
Wow, I wasnt aware we had THAT much coming back..

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

They will be fine, they have the best program in Scioto county right now.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

8/31/2013 VALLEY @ PORTSMOUTH
9/06/2013 OPEN
9/13/2013 VALLEY @ DAWSON-BRYANT
9/20/2013 CHESAPEAKE @ VALLEY
9/27/2013 SOUTH POINT @ VALLEY
10/4/2013 VALLEY @ WAVERLY
10/11/2013 PORTSMOUTH WEST @ VALLEY
10/18/2013 NORTHWEST @ VALLEY
10/25/2013 VALLEY @ WHEELERSBURG
11/1/2013 VALLEY @ MINFORD

I got this off of OHSAA. I've noticed the PHS game is again a Saturday game. Rock Hill is out of there, looks like they signed with gallia academy. On OHSAA opens they had Grandview Heights as an open that weekend, but it looks like they will be playing Minford that weekend. I haven't heard and no clue who Valley has in mind week 2.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

blue53 wrote:8/31/2013 VALLEY @ PORTSMOUTH
9/06/2013 OPEN
9/13/2013 VALLEY @ DAWSON-BRYANT
9/20/2013 CHESAPEAKE @ VALLEY
9/27/2013 SOUTH POINT @ VALLEY
10/4/2013 VALLEY @ WAVERLY
10/11/2013 PORTSMOUTH WEST @ VALLEY
10/18/2013 NORTHWEST @ VALLEY
10/25/2013 VALLEY @ WHEELERSBURG
11/1/2013 VALLEY @ MINFORD

I got this off of OHSAA. I've noticed the PHS game is again a Saturday game. Rock Hill is out of there, looks like they signed with gallia academy. On OHSAA opens they had Grandview Heights as an open that weekend, but it looks like they will be playing Minford that weekend. I haven't heard and no clue who Valley has in mind week 2.
WOW......Has anybody been working on gett'n that week 2 open slot filled yet????? :aaaaa46 You would think that there would be people flocking to play a defending POWERHOUSE SOC 2 BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!!! :mrgreen:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'd like to see the slot filled for sure...looks like GH is looking for a 2-4 year contract. Another interesting team is Martins Ferry. I know they are Region 15, but with the new divisions, I dont know that would even be possible.

Grandview - 1 hour 45 min
Martins Ferry - 3.5 hours

Grove City Christian is also an intriguing game. They played South Point, Sciotoville East, and Ashland Fairveiw this past season (beat East and SP pretty easily)...

Guess we will see how it plays out..

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Why couldnt they just pick up piketon or oak hill again ... Though that may fall into the same category as the rock hill , south point contracts did .... Both piketon and oak hill lost alot of seniors and signing long term even as our numbers drop might not even pan out for us .... But Is there really a need to go looking 3 hrs away for a game just to say we played so and so ......we just need to concentrate on the job at hand ...which is to win the games we have now ....we will have a senior and sophomore heavy team that have seen success and i know my son is chomping at the bit to get going again .... It will be another fun year in the SOC 2 come august ....a 4 horse race once again ....

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

HItops wrote:Why couldnt they just pick up piketon or oak hill again ... Though that may fall into the same category as the rock hill , south point contracts did .... Both piketon and oak hill lost alot of seniors and signing long term even as our numbers drop might not even pan out for us .... But Is there really a need to go looking 3 hrs away for a game just to say we played so and so ......we just need to concentrate on the job at hand ...which is to win the games we have now ....we will have a senior and sophomore heavy team that have seen success and i know my son is chomping at the bit to get going again .... It will be another fun year in the SOC 2 come august ....a 4 horse race once again ....

In the case of 2013, it comes down to what school has an open date that week. very few. I tried to look around on KY and WV websites and some of their schools with open dates are 2-3 hour drives also.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Any news on the open date? Or any news in general?

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

chicken_coop wrote:Any news on the open date? Or any news in general?

still trying to fill open date ...as far as i know ...heard the AD talking with Coach about 3 weeks ago but cant remember the team he mentioned ...lol Picked up Piketon for 2014 though ... and they lifted weights through basketball season and the sophomores to be are filling out a little more 3 or 4 there that can do some damage and the boys are working on their own seven on sevens with some alumni when they get the chance

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

what can we expect with this crew after a great 2012, more of the same? Im sure Darren will have them prepared

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

HItops....

Hopefully it gets filled.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Hopefully this gets filled soon. The league will be tough and the winner could have at least one loss. Minford, Valley, Wheelersburg, West and Waverly with a new coach could be looking for better things. Also, Porstmouth could turn things around with a new coach. Points will be at a premiun I would think.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Has the 10th game been filled??

Return to “Football”