Pike Eastern Football Program

Omega
SEOPS H

Pike Eastern Football Program

Post by Omega »

Being out of state, I am interested in information regarding the new football program in Beaver.
Schedule, facilities, coaching staff. I wish he Eagles well as football can be a positive force in developing character. Yet I find it amazing that such a small, relatively poor district would undertake
launching a program. Any information appreciated.

cghs82
JV Team

Re: Pike Eastern Football Program

Post by cghs82 »

Date Time Opponent Location / Result
8/28/2015 7:00 PM MILLERSPORT TBA
9/4/2015 7:30 PM DAYTON CHRISTIAN EASTERN HIGH SHOOL
9/11/2015 7:00 PM SOUTHEASTERN TBA
9/19/2015 7:00 PM @ NOTRE DAME SPARTAN STADIUM
9/26/2015 7:00 PM NORTHWEST TBA
10/3/2015 2:00 PM SYMMES VALLEY TBA
10/9/2015 7:30 PM @ SCIOTOVILLE COMMUNITY FOOTBALL FIELD
10/16/2015 7:30 PM @ GREEN GREEN HIGH SCHOOL
10/24/2015 2:00 PM OAK HILL TBA
10/30/2015 7:30 PM @ FAYETTEVILLE-PERRY FAYETTEVILLE H.S.

From what I have seen on other topics and in the Pike County Newspaper, they are going to be installing lights and bigger bleachers so all the 2 PM Saturday home games will likely be moved to Friday night games. One thing I'm interested in knowing is Eastern going to have football for JV and Varsity or just Varsity only?
Last edited by cghs82 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItownSportsFanatic45
Riding the Bench

Post by ItownSportsFanatic45 »

My name Scott Tomlison(Waverly /Glenville State) and I was hired by the board last month as the head coach. The rest of my staff includes Eric Horton (Valley), Mark Slone (Minford), Michael Rosenberger (Trotwood Madison/Urbana ), Jeff Meyer (Waverly), Scott Weaver (Waverly). Most have been with me the entire 3 years and have done an excellent job teaching fundamentals to a bunch of kids who have never played. We are looking at a minimum of 40 boys on the roster this season and will have a jv team as well so anybody that needs jv games please contact our AD. The program has been funded for 3 seasons by fundraising with amazing community support without taking a dime from the school although they have been very supportive throughout the process and allowed us facility use and other support. We currently have bids out for lights and working towards press box if anyone would like to jump in on a great story and sponsorship opportunities please contact me or the school. Thanks to everyone who has helped turn these kids dreams of Friday night lights into a reality

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Good luck coach.

WHO DEY
Waterboy

Post by WHO DEY »

Good Luck Coach....

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

Wish you the very best Coach!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

scott I hope you have an amazing run as the coach. after spending 50 years in the ironton/kitts hill area , we moved here to pike county in 2010. glad to see your program getting up and running.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Good luck coach!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

silly question here. so where is Reedsville eastern. I watched them play symmes valley years ago when Merrill triplett coached there and though the team was the pike county eastern team.
I realize now that it wasn't. but have no idea where Reedsville is.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:silly question here. so where is Reedsville eastern. I watched them play symmes valley years ago when Merrill triplett coached there and though the team was the pike county eastern team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedsville,_Ohio

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

formerfcfan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:silly question here. so where is Reedsville eastern. I watched them play symmes valley years ago when Merrill triplett coached there and though the team was the pike county eastern team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedsville,_Ohio
It is located on st rt 7 between Chester and Tuppers plains. Reedsville is just their mailing address

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey thanks guys/gals?---------------------I have been wondering that. all I had to do was ask the smartest people in the world of sports.

ItownSportsFanatic45
Riding the Bench

Post by ItownSportsFanatic45 »

Our Saturday Sept. 12th game with Southeastern has just been moved to Friday the 11th at 7pm

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

After watching the scrimmage the other night I got to say the Eagles will be very competitive. They are very well coached and have some very tough young men on the field. Can't wait to see how the season unfolds for them. Good luck to you coach. Stay healthy and surprise some folks!

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

No doubt they will be a contender for SOC I this year along with co-champions Northwest, Oak Hill, and Symmes Valley. East is also supposed to be improved this year. It ought to be a fun title race to watch. I definitely want to try to come up and see an Eastern game this year if I can.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Don't know to much about what they have right now, but they do have some good players in the peewee levels. I look for them to have a successful program. Good luck to the Eagles.

Return to “Football”