Ironton Football 2015

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Ironton Football 2015

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Thoughts? This will be my first full season watching the Fighting Tigers since 2010 as I am moving home this May. What should I expect? Seems like the kids are starting to buy into the new Coaching staffs plan as they have improved over the past few years. I AM EXCITED to watch the boys this year.

#15pigskinfan$$1
Waterboy

Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by #15pigskinfan$$1 »

Has their schedule been finalized? I heard that they were possibly still looking for a Week 3.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Don't have high expectations. For various reasons, ironton will be good but not like the old days. They should win the ovc easily as long as they beat coal grove. They have arguably the best back in ohio but depth will be a huge issue plus they will have to replace cox. He was pretty darn good.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Should be a pretty good year, I believe Isaac will do fine at QB. The backfield should be strong with Palladino, Barker and Young, to go along with several returning starters on the line.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

This year should be a good one for the Tigers. They will need to stay away from the injuries. The only thing that bothers me I have visited the weight room and the work is about half hearted. The Ironton kids need to find someone to take the weight program to the next level. I would also suggest that Vass should push all the kids to play spring sports. I get tired of hearing my kid is specializing in a sport. This is a very good class of kids coming out this year and maybe 4 kids off the football team will get a chance at the next level. I went to a track meet last year and I could not believe Ironton only had about 10 to 15 kids. As much speed Ironton had last year this track team should be as good as any in the area. Come on parents if the coaches are not going to push them then the parents need to step up.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

is the burg still on the schedule for wk 1? I was checkin the ohsaa site to see if we filled our wk 4 spot and it dont't show ironton wk 1

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Game day, I hope you are wrong on the off season work. That is not the case for a couple of them.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

A couple will not push them to the next level. I don't understand why Ironton cannot get kids in the weight room. Wheelersburg Coaches have told me and I did see it for myself they may need to different sessions. The day I stopped by and talked to Rob they must of had 50 plus kids in the weight room.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The problem is even if they are in the weight room try are doing that crossfit crap or whatever it is instead of heavy lifting like they should. Also you got coaches over lifting that don't know anything about lifting and it shows on the field whe our guys are weak and slow. Then at the junior high levels instead of pushing the kids they hold them back because they don't want them to get hurt. Because they coaches themselves don't know proper technique so the kids can't do more than the bar and 10's on each side. So when they get to high school they dont push themselves because mediocrity is being pushed at all levels. The ones that excel are the ones going out to other gyms and working out themselves.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

This has been a problem for a long time in Ironton. This started when Lutz was there and his staff did not know anything about weight lifting. Most of the coaches that coach now were or have been on Lutz's staff. The Ironton staff has become a family affair which is not good because no new ideas will be welcomed. That is why the really good players that are looking to go to the next level do cross fit. You need to mix the weights and core fitness to round out your players today. I do believe Ironton lifts the heavy weights but when they are not lifting they stand around and do nothing. I have watched them lift and when they are done they look as if they have done nothing.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Have you just started watching football? Up until the mid 2000's Ironton has strong in shape players, now they have been weak and slow in these past few years. Go watch some old game films and you'll see what I mean. Cause really you got no clue.

jimbobhampton
Waterboy

Post by jimbobhampton »

Ironton players are known for their size and strength. They must have been doing something right during the past 2 or 3 decades.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

tigercannon71 wrote:Have you just started watching football? Up until the mid 2000's Ironton has strong in shape players, now they have been weak and slow in these past few years. Go watch some old game films and you'll see what I mean. Cause really you got no clue.
No I have watched Ironton longer than you think. I believe it started in 2000 trust me I have been in the weight room and around the weight program decline. We can argue this all day but the fact is Ironton's weight program needs a great deal of help.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

game day wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Have you just started watching football? Up until the mid 2000's Ironton has strong in shape players, now they have been weak and slow in these past few years. Go watch some old game films and you'll see what I mean. Cause really you got no clue.
No I have watched Ironton longer than you think. I believe it started in 2000 trust me I have been in the weight room and around the weight program and watched it decline. We can argue this all day but the fact is Ironton's weight program needs a great deal of help.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

game day wrote:
No I have watched Ironton longer than you think. I believe it started in 2000 trust me I have been in the weight room and around the weight program decline. We can argue this all day but the fact is Ironton's weight program needs a great deal of help.
If I was in or around their weight program and it was declining, I'd take it upon myself to give them some pointers to help them out. I wouldn't hang out there and let them do things wrong, if that's what they were doing. Maybe the Coaching Staff could use the help in the weight room, talk to Coach Vass and see what he can do to get you involved in the weight program. I agree, it needs some work and someone who knows how to take charge of it.

Good luck,

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I wished in was that easy to ask Vass and he would listen. I think Vass has pushed some of us away from the locker room. One which I agree with he has to be in charge of the team and what goes on.

I will do as you requested ask him if he needs some help around the weight lifting program and see what he has to say.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

game day wrote:I wished in was that easy to ask Vass and he would listen. I think Vass has pushed some of us away from the locker room. One which I agree with he has to be in charge of the team and what goes on.

I will do as you requested ask him if he needs some help around the weight lifting program and see what he has to say.
That's awesome, if you're serious about it and have the credentials to do so. We'll know where he stands on the matter if nothing else.

Good luck,

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I see Ironton going 6-4 or 7-3.
8-2 is not out of the question however.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If Ironton goes 6-4 there will not be any playoffs for them. I am not sure of their schedule at this time but should win all the OVC games. Wheelersburg could be a loss but I am not sure who else is on their schedule that will beat them.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

OSU 77 wrote:If Ironton goes 6-4 there will not be any playoffs for them. I am not sure of their schedule at this time but should win all the OVC games. Wheelersburg could be a loss but I am not sure who else is on their schedule that will beat them.
If they play and beat Ashland, Russell and Raceland again, the Tigers will have nice pile of 1st level and 2nd level computer points.

However I do agree with the OVC Schedule hurts Ironton a bit. Beating Coal Grove and Portsmouth will be musts to get those points. Also whoever Ironton will schedule their open week will be HUGE.

Return to “Football”